Fixed Bed, Garage, Under 7m, 30k Used

Trev23

Hi all,

Fixed Bed, Garage, Under 7m, 30k Used.

Looking for first van and the above layout is what best suits us. We like the Chausson motorhomes but are looking for any other suggestions. We're buying used and have a budget of around 30k. Any ideas?

Cheers

How about an Auto Trail 696G...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auto-Trail-Cheyenne-696-4-Berth-Mercedes-with-only-30k-MANUAL-2005-0-/272614298441?hash=item3f79141349:g:1t0AAOSwuxFY3-LX

And it's on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis as an added bonus!

Keith.

PS And another at spot on £30k but an auto this time...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/auto-trail-cheyenne-motorhome-motor-caravan-on-Mercedes-Sprinter-chassis-/263109798695?hash=item3d4290eb27:g:3VAAAOSwuq9ZaQ8a

PPS Loads on eBay if you search :)

Hymer do your layout at 6.99m long on a 3900Kg chassis. I assume you have driving license to consider a +3500Kg van.

Look for models B614 or B644 (L shaped dining area). £30k should get you an up to 2006 vehicle with the Fiat 2.8 JTD engine which is a robust and reliable power unit, albeit a bit slow by modern standards.

In 2002, Fiat upgraded the spec, recognised by an oval speedometer binacle as opposed to the previous rectangular one. Pre 2002 had 5th gear problems. I had an upgraded 2002 Fiat and had no problems apart from having to replace wheel bearings. Also, no reverse judder as experienced by some in the +2006 Fiat power train.

There will be many motorhome models that, in principle, meet the stated requirements of 'Fixed Bed, Garage, Under 7m, £30k” but what does ‘Fixed Bed’ actually mean for Trev23, what size will the garage need to be, and how much ‘slack’ is there regarding the length and cost? Would (for example) a motorhome be rejected that meets the bed and garage requirements but is, say, 7.10m long or will cost £30,500?

It might be worth Trev23 researching via the AutoTrader website

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/motorhomes

as this allows bed, vehicle length/type and price-range criteria to be chosen

There’s also a useful Buyers’ Guide

http://motorhomes.autotrader.co.uk/motorhome-buyers-guide

Hi

The Autotrail Apache 632 from a few years back, has a great layout at 6.95m large garage and a fixed bed. Weighs in at 3500kg. Also has a connection on the outside for a shower hose and a gas bbq, though never used the shower hose, but good for washing boots or a dog maybe.

Have fun at looking, it's the best part, must be quite a few different makes to choose from.

We are selling 6m 3 berth fixed bed large garage, Elddis Majestic 125 2015 on Peugeot boxer 150 bhp, typre pressure monitor, automatic air on, wipers and headlights. Motorhome has solar panels, 100w inverter,reversing camera with sound, status to aerial, exterior hot and cold shower, pristine it is on eBay but I don't know how to do a link

Happy hunting

Lynne

lynneroy - 2017-08-03 11:38 PM

We are selling 6m 3 berth fixed bed large garage, Elddis Majestic 125 2015 on Peugeot boxer 150 bhp, typre pressure monitor, automatic air on, wipers and headlights. Motorhome has solar panels, 100w inverter,reversing camera with sound, status to aerial, exterior hot and cold shower, pristine it is on eBay but I don't know how to do a link

Happy hunting

Lynne

Lynne,

Is it this one by any chance...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elddis-Majestic-/322629772241?hash=item4b1e3ba3d1:g:UsUAAOSwZs1ZgdRb

Keith.

Hi Kieth,

Yes that is the one, you are welcome to view if you would like, it is lovely condition and every extra already on it. 1st engine service been done and habitation check. We have just been abroad for 3 months in it and it was great.

Please feel free to ask any questions

Lynne

So much choice, so little time.......

It's a minefield and you have to expect you won't get it right first time.

Older, high quality? More solid, better made, keep it's value.

Younger, lower quality? fairly basic? No guarantee that you you won't have problems.

Payload? Often overlooked but can be a killer if you get it wrong.

Extra accessories? Fully loaded with awning, air con, satellite, re-fill able, spare wheel, tow bar, all useful and don't push the price up as much as buying them later. (But watch the weight)

Left hand drive? Depends on where you travel.

Dealer, broker or private? The same model can vary hugely in price!

Warranty? Is it worth it?

I bought privately, 3 years old Dethleffs, German quality, it had been hardly used (12,000 miles) and was fully loaded with all invoices. Still with over 2 years warranty from Lowdhams. (For what it's worth)

A family had bought it from the original owner, went to Spain, didn't like it so sold at a loss after 3 months.

So you may pick up a real bargain that doesn't exactly match your wants, but you can adapt.

Good luck.

That's a shame, it is in lovely condition with so many extras, I don't struggle but I looked at the Hymers and the beds were really high. My friend has a chausson I think she is happy with it. I would try and avoid the ford personally, but they do them on a fiat as well

Lynne

How about a Hymer 572, it fits the requirements but may have a higher mileage, so could be cheaper.

6.6m long two single fixed beds it is possible to make a bed for a short person in the front.

Good garage suitable for bikes etc.

The other Hymer in his class has a double bed so it is a bit shorter.

There are also the A class but more expensive.

A few possibilities but note they are all 3 berths

Burstner Travel Van T620, 6.6m Twin singles over garage

Autocruise Sportstar 6m Traverse double over garage

Adria Sport SP 6m Traverse double over garage

Sun Living S60 6m Traverse double over garage

Adria Sport SL 6.6m Twin singles over garage

Sun Living S65 6.7m Twin singles over garage

Or on budget:-

http://motorhomes.autotrader.co.uk/used-motorhomes/adria/coral/2007-adria-coral-s-680-sp-fiat-ducato-130-multijet-diesel-carlton-miniott-mfpa-2c929a795d88e114015d8ebeb30e4766/makemodel/make/adria

Archived