Beam benders

yorkist

Hi, I always use "Pledge" the polish you use for furniture, its got to be Pledge, other makes do not work.

Spray it over the beam benders. leave for a minute and you will find by using your finger nail or something similar you will be able to scrape if off and just wipe clean. No hassle

Tony Jones - 2017-08-04 8:04 AM

If you're going to be over the water regularly, for future trips invest in a pair of plastic headlamp protectors and stick your next pair of beam benders on them, so you can just clip them on and off at the port.

Exactly what we do, saves messing about with headlamps. and saves on stone chips, Had stone hit us and cracked the windscreen(paid for by insurance) If it had been the headlamp, we would have had to pay, considerably more, than the cost of the protectors !We have had 2 set's in 10 years, so works out cheap, as we only go over the water in van

PJay

The ones I used on the Transit last us all the 9 years we had her, at least 15 trips.

I found some "2-way" beam benders (can be RHD>LHD or LHD>RHD) , and fitted them "wrong way round" on the INSIDE of the protectors. Easy outer surface to clean, and no chance of them coming off.

BtW, I've still got them, and we now have a LHD Citroën, so if anyone with a Ford wants them, you can have them for £20 plus postage from France (or collect)!

Archived