Remoska

sandalwood

Best advice, just cook what you do at home in the oven.

Great piece of kit - we use it all the time. One in the van (even though we have an oven in this one) and a second Remoska at home in the kitchen. At 400 watts, it uses far less electricity than using the domestic oven (no gas at home).

I just cook anything that I would put in an ordinary oven. Makes batches of Fairy Cakes, 4 at a time, 20 mins first lot then 12 mins after that. Tried Cheese and Onion pie last week with bought light puff pastry, I put it in a silicone round cake mould and it was delicious, roasted small chickens with no problem, breast side down for 30 mins and then turn and cook until juices rung clear (just put a piece of greaseproof paper over so it won't burn.) There are a lot of recipes on the internet for the Remoska. Just keep experimenting, Chinese stir fry sauces are good as well.

sandalwood - 2017-08-23 11:04 AM

Recipe for cheese and onion pie if possible please, sounds great!

Regards

Ps. Do I need silicone mounds for cakes etc?

no, you can use metal ones, its just that I had a silicone one. just use bun cases on their own, that's what I do, they stand up well. You can also use those tin foil pie tins, have done that as well.

I just grated the cheese and added chopped onion and mixed a bit of mustard with it. Rolled out the pastry and lined the pie dish and then put the filling in and then added the top and cooked it for about 45 mins, delicious. The mustard brings out the flavour of the cheese but you can't taste it. Oh, I have cooked scones in the Remoska as well.

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.436de37d42aba20d3d9b2214b007892d.jpg

Hi. Bought standard Remoska as only 2 of us, sales lady says we can roast chicken 3 lbs if we bash down top bone, is correct, looks a bit small to crush chicken this size in, plus veg! Thought the large was much too big for Mh . She tried to sell us the grand but as only 2 opted for standard. Which one do you have please?

Regards

Ian

we have been using the standard one for a few years, it is worth buying the trivet as an extra, this then gives you more options with the use of some foil dishes from the £ shops you can separate meat from veg, when doing pork chops, or fish and chips, swapping positions as and when necessary, it is especially handy if you venture down to Spain in the winter as a lot of sites have reduced ehu, it will still be usable on a 6 amp supply, where a microwave wont, use it at home to get used to it

happy cooking

snail

we have been using the standard one for a few years, it is worth buying the trivet as an extra, this then gives you more options with the use of some foil dishes from the £ shops you can separate meat from veg, when doing pork chops, or fish and chips, swapping positions as and when necessary, it is especially handy if you venture down to Spain in the winter as a lot of sites have reduced ehu, it will still be usable on a 6 amp supply, where a microwave wont, use it at home to get used to it

happy cooking

snail

Tks for info, lady in shop said no need trivet, what you use it for please! Just trying a salmon with veg dish now, wish me luck. Changed large fior standard , glad we did as it will fit MH, still not sure whether we get chicken in to roast, but will give it a try.

Tks again

:-D

My first remoska is now 15years old it is still in regular use in my kitchen/motorhome I cook bolognese/liver and onions, chops, chicken, roasted potatoes, oven chips sweet and savory pies, toasted sandwiches, full English etc etc.,

I bought a second one to keep in the motorhome just in case my old one packed up.

Just keep using it,it's amazing how good food tastes and using a small amount of electricity saves you money.

sandalwood - 2017-08-25 12:41 AM

Hi. Bought standard Remoska as only 2 of us, sales lady says we can roast chicken 3 lbs if we bash down top bone, is correct, looks a bit small to crush chicken this size in, plus veg! Thought the large was much too big for Mh . She tried to sell us the grand but as only 2 opted for standard. Which one do you have please?

Regards

Ian

We have the standard one, the trivet you see in that photo is out of our microwave, never used it, so OH cut the feet down and it fits a treat.

Pete-B - 2017-08-26 7:14 PM

Where's the cheapest place to buy the Remoska?

I bought ours second hand on Ebay, although Lakeland sell them on Ebay refurbished. There are a lot of people who buy them and then can't get to grips with them hence why they go on Ebay, Preloved and Gumtree.

Archived