Citroen Relay door open warning

rooster63

We have a PVC based on a 2007 Citroen Relay. On our recent trip the warning beep telling us a door was not closed properly would sound and sometimes the warning light momentarily flashed on as well. Not sure which door it is and it only happened after driving some distance. Sometimes it seemed to happen if I was braking quite heavily. Yesterday whilst the van was parked on the drive the alarm went off (Cobra after fit) and according to the alarm a door had been opened, it hadn't.

It's a very random occurrence, thought I had cured it be wiggling the wires on the passenger door but no. No big deal as I know the doors are closed but just concerned if the alarm is going to be set off on a regular basis.

By SLD I assume you mean the sliding side door? For some reason the sensor (3 or 4 square pieces of metal on the door frame) are gaffer taped rather than screwed on, I did renew the tape as we had problems with closing the sliding door at night and being unable to lock the van as the central locking wouldn't activate.

The alarm has now also started sounding 3 beeps with 3 flashes when it is armed although seems to lock OK. According to the manual its only supposed to be 2. beeps.

rooster63 - 2017-08-24 5:17 PM

For some reason the sensor (3 or 4 square pieces of metal on the door frame) are gaffer taped rather than screwed on, I did renew the tape as we had problems with closing the sliding door at night and being unable to lock the van as the central locking wouldn't activate..

May I strongly recommend that you get this fixed before proceeding further.

Alan

rooster63 - 2017-08-24 5:17 PM

By SLD I assume you mean the sliding side door? For some reason the sensor (3 or 4 square pieces of metal on the door frame) are gaffer taped rather than screwed on, I did renew the tape as we had problems with closing the sliding door at night and being unable to lock the van as the central locking wouldn't activate.

The alarm has now also started sounding 3 beeps with 3 flashes when it is armed although seems to lock OK. According to the manual its only supposed to be 2. beeps.

Yes SLD is Side Loading Door, if the contacts are gaffer taped on, that is most likely to be your problem, it will be the same contacts that are flashing up 'door open' light and also stopping the central locking working.

colin - 2017-08-24 8:59 PM

Yes SLD is Side Loading Door, if the contacts are gaffer taped on, that is most likely to be your problem, it will be the same contacts that are flashing up 'door open' light and also stopping the central locking working.

...and if the Cobra alarm is a CANbus one, then the same issue will also cause alarm problems (as the original central locking closure sensors are used to control the alarm).

Have removed the connection plate with the 4 square contacts, noticed that under the gaffer tape someone had put some cardboard spacers in the push the plate out, this card was quite soggy so have replaced it with slightly thicker card and retaped it. There doesn't appear to be anything for a screw to bite on so tape will have to do for now. Locks and the alarm seem to work although not driven the van yet. Now just need to work out where the water that appeared on the wardrobe floor came from, probably the roof aerial for the TV.

There's always something that needs attention! But at least the leaking window (I re-sealed it) is OK and we had some torrential rain when in Scotland and the Lakes.

rooster63 - 2017-08-25 6:22 PM

Have removed the connection plate with the 4 square contacts, noticed that under the gaffer tape someone had put some cardboard spacers in the push the plate out,.

That would not be necessary if the spring loaded contacts in the door were clean and sliding in and out properly. Have you checked them?

Archived