ACSI Guide still available in Spain

Solwaybuggier

david lloyd - 2017-08-28 4:08 PM

Ah, good - but will they still have some in December I wonder?

David

David not worth buying in December, as they run out at end of month!

PJay

If you need one for December, maybe some one will have finished with theirs, and pass on to you.

i leave mine with friends in France to use if needed! Just put a sticker over the name at back, it is accepted by sites!

PJay

PJay - 2017-08-28 5:03 PM

David

PJay

If you need one for December, maybe some one will have finished with theirs, and pass on to you.

i leave mine with friends in France to use if needed! Just put a sticker over the name at back, it is accepted by sites!

PJay

Hi Pjay, yes that's the trouble we have had in years past. As you know the book comes out 'middle' of December-ish which is usually when we head off. I've been lucky before and it arrived the day before leaving but last year it hadn't arrived so I rang and cancelled it. Thinking about it I should really have kept it as it would have been useful for this year end.

I've heard before where people have used the card that is ending until they get the new one sent out to them in Spain - or buy the new one in Spain.

But, if anyone is reading this and may have a 2017 copy they are not using by the end of the year please PM me and I'll give it a good home!

David

david lloyd - 2017-08-28 8:30 PM

PJay - 2017-08-28 5:03 PM

David

PJay

PJay

Hi Pjay, yes that's the trouble we have had in years past. As you know the book comes out 'middle' of December-ish which is usually when we head off. I've been lucky before and it arrived the day before leaving but last year it hadn't arrived so I rang and cancelled it. Thinking about it I should really have kept it as it would have been useful for this year end.

I've heard before where people have used the card that is ending until they get the new one sent out to them in Spain - or buy the new one in Spain.

But, if anyone is reading this and may have a 2017 copy they are not using by the end of the year please PM me and I'll give it a good home!

David

David ,don't know where you order your book from, but Vicarious are pretty good getting the book out promptly AND they still have 2017 in stock now

PJay

Pjay, yes it's usually Vicarious I order from but, although they do send them out very quickly, they are at the mercy of ACSI in terms of receiving them. What doesn't help is that we tend to depart just around the time they send out preorders (14 - 16 December) and that's where our problems occur. Also, we tend not to use a particular site in Spain but tour (sometimes aimlessly) using Aires and sites so have no definitive place to send the books onto.

I have contacted both ACSI and vicarious to ask if the date could be reviewed as there must be countless others with the same predicament but they are reluctant to change a system that works in large part. By moving the date for release this would impact upon others going earlier.

Getting the 2017 books would help us if we wanted to stay a few days in a site before new year but we would still need to get the 2018 issue fir the rest of our stay. One thing I may try is asking if I can collect at Vicarious before boarding the tunnel as, I believe, they are based in Folkstone.

David

david lloyd - 2017-08-29 9:56 AM

Pjay, yes it's usually Vicarious I order from but, although they do send them out very quickly, they are at the mercy of ACSI in terms of receiving them. What doesn't help is that we tend to depart just around the time they send out preorders (14 - 16 December) and that's where our problems occur. Also, we tend not to use a particular site in Spain but tour (sometimes aimlessly) using Aires and sites so have no definitive place to send the books onto.

I have contacted both ACSI and vicarious to ask if the date could be reviewed as there must be countless others with the same predicament but they are reluctant to change a system that works in large part. By moving the date for release this would impact upon others going earlier.

Getting the 2017 books would help us if we wanted to stay a few days in a site before new year but we would still need to get the 2018 issue fir the rest of our stay. One thing I may try is asking if I can collect at Vicarious before boarding the tunnel as, I believe, they are based in Folkstone.

David

You can always get the ACSI APP for mobiles or laptop and you dont need the internet ...personnelly I prefer the books ..Most large dealers here in Spain have the books albiet in Spanish I would imagine the same will apply in France (in French)..just keep your old book page with the Key descriptions on it for translations ....

You can easily search the campsites on line but you might not get the discount without the card.

Found ACSI to be completely unreliable in sending out to a campsite...................supposedly sent 3 copies that never arrived in Sicily........................ordered from Vicarious and it arrived in 10 days.

There is not reason why the 2018 discount card could not be available now like their ID card..................maybe at the full price without the books and you could search on line...................wrote to them a few times about this but no joy.

Archived