Telephone Help?

Tracker

Randonneur - 2017-09-09 5:05 PM

This is the back of the Doro 8030 which shows the button that is linked to 3 phones of your choice. Easy to use.

Thanks, this is probably the sort of thing we will end up with but as we already have a smart phone each and several spare phones all with spare sims and a bit of credit I would rather not buy any more phones for a while!!

John52 - 2017-09-10 9:03 AM

When we are getting old we should plan for life not getting any easier - gardens easier to maintain, phone alarms thats easier to use etc :-S

Fair enough, and the next time I grow old I will try and remember the lessons from this time, assuming that nothing changes or evolves as time passes!

Being an optimistic realist, and like many others of a similar ilk, one tries to stay as active as possible and whilst it is easy to use perfect hindsight now, that perfect hindsight is exactly that and is not available as one makes day to day choices!

Tracker - 2017-09-10 10:05 AM

When we are getting old we should plan for life not getting any easier - gardens easier to maintain, phone alarms thats easier to use etc :-S

Fair enough, and the next time I grow old I will try and remember the lessons from this time, assuming that nothing changes or evolves as time passes!

Being an optimistic realist, and like many others of a similar ilk, one tries to stay as active as possible and whilst it is easy to use perfect hindsight now, that perfect hindsight is exactly that and is not available as one makes day to day choices!

Youth is wasted on the young. Whereas a lot of us oldies are just wasted.... most of the time.

Like when we are growing up we should buy clothes a size bigger because we know we will grow into them.

Totally agree.

My OH has been viewing this "battle" coming over the horizon, with her two sets of (divorced) parents..

..and although they are by no means "old" by today's standards(early 70s), between them all they have an assortment of ailments- artificial hips/*fused,crumbling vertebrae(*inc some electronic implant thingamabob) /diabetes, various chunks of their internal organs "removed" / cancer "scares"/ various bags "attached" etc...and STILL they insist on living in 4 bed detached houses, with their difficult to maintain gardens etc..and with neither house being near shops or even on a bus route ...

Rather than move to somewhere more appropriate for the coming years , instead they just throw their money at a new car every 12 months... new(replacement) conservatories... replacement block paved driveways...another new kitchen and/or bathroom etc etc....

None of which is really going to make their lives any easier in the coming years... :-S

Guest pelmetman
starvin marvin - 2017-09-11 11:05 AM

Youth is wasted on the young. Whereas a lot of us oldies are just wasted.... most of the time.

:D ........

Archived