Dealer recommendations

1ten

I don't really have a any dealers for the motorhome I am looking at very close to me and would like any comments on the two closest.

JC Leisure in Rye & SMC in Newark.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with either of these?

I have briefly visited both found the salesman at SMC awuful and not st all interested but have seen good comments from others about this dealer. JC Leisure were very helpful when we popped in but I can't find any comments about them on Forums.

Hi

You have not said where you live as Rye and Newark are far apart, but if you were in Newark it would of been worth trying Brownhills as they have the biggest showrooms around. Lots to choose from and inspect and no pressure from salesmen. Have a good website, not suggesting you buy from them but would give you a good idea of what's around.

1ten - 2017-09-10 2:47 PM

I have briefly visited both found the salesman at SMC awuful and not st all interested but have seen good comments from others about this dealer.

It's been some time since we brought our van, AFAIK it was early days for motorhome sales at SMC, Alastair was about the only person who treated us seriously, previous Globecar dealers had treated our inquiries with disinterest.

I bought my Globecar Campscout from SMC in April and the salesman was brilliant,the Thetford Compressor fridge was faulty as it kept defrosting then frosting.

SMC quickly replaced the fridge with a new one.

I have a couple of small things waiting which I think they may have forgotten, also very poor for returning your calls.

John.

Archived