Las Vegas mass murder

Bulletguy

derek pringle - 2017-10-04 9:01 AM

hi,

My fear now is that american citizens may demand the right to carry guns in the street like the cowboy days as having a gun in your home for protection does not seem to help in situations such as has just occured.

This would be welcomed by the gun lovers and sellers.

cheers

derek

Derek.......it's already there in some states and has been for many years. The laws vary from state to state but this gives you some idea.

http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/guns-in-public/open-carry/

http://keranews.org/post/heres-what-you-should-know-about-open-carry-texas

Bulletguy - 2017-10-04 1:54 PM

antony1969 - 2017-10-04 8:04 AM

John52 - 2017-10-04 6:53 AM

Politicians look for quick fix solutions people can perceive the benefit of before the next election

But there are no quick fix solutions here - its gone beyond the point of no return, at least in the immediate future..

Because (at a wild guess because thats all there is) America has something like 200 million guns with equally huge stockpiles of ammunition in circulation.

So if you ban them, the good guys will hand in their guns and the bad guys won't :-(

Totally agree ... The hissy fit hysteria by some regarding guns on here is laughable ... The weapon needs someone to pull the trigger ... The guns used by Paddock was illegal I believe ? ...

No........all were legal semi automatic. As shown from links posted before which you obviously couldn't be bothered to look at, they had been modified using 'bump stocks' which enable them to fire as fully automatic.

A 'bump stock' can be bought for as little as $99......a fraction of the price of the weapon. But the same rapid fire action can be achieved by using a rubber band which proves where the real problem is (apart from batsh*t crazy interpretation of their precious 2nd amendment) and that is SEMI-automatics being perfectly legal to buy.

A semi-automatic can be turned into a rapid fire fully automatic (illegal to buy) in seconds and you don't need to know much about weapons to know how to do it.

Oh and i fixed your singular to plural as Paddock didn't just use "a gun". Police recovered 23 GUNS from Paddocks hotel room and 19 GUNS at his home along with thousands of rounds of ammunition. You are following the well trodden NRA line of being dismissive over this Antony clutching desperately at all the usual straws. I find it quite shameful. Comparing cars to guns is completely ludicrous and a typical NRA strawman.

Last night you made a sneering remark regards "Islamic mass murder are met with candles, hymns and hashtags". There have actually been many and not just in Las Vegas. But you don't want to see or hear that because you're bitterly disappointed Paddock turned out to be an all American white guy and not a group of bearded brown skin folk.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-04/las-vegas-shooting-what-do-we-know-about-the-guns-that-were-used/9013764

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/02/las-vegas-suspect-weapons-guns-explosives

Bump stock made legal in 2010 by the US Government , who was in charge at that time ??? ... It doesn't matter how many weapons Paddock had in his hotel .room or home 10 , 20 , 20.000 he was only firing one gun at a a time was he not ??? ... Of course I can compare car deaths which are much higher than gun deaths , both in the hands of the wrong folk cause death don't they ... Your gun deaths how many of those were gang on gang shootings , drug shootings and likes ??? ... Regarding my supposed disappointment the killer wasn't a brown skinned fella that can't be matched by your glee at the victims being mainly white Trump/Conservatives ... Maybe that was Paddocks intention as he had apparently been on an anti-Trump march , if so he has much in common with brown bearded folk who also want to force their way on us by slaughter ... By the way shameful is defending Muslim peado gangs

antony1969 - 2017-10-04 2:18 PM

... It doesn't matter how many weapons Paddock had in his hotel .room or home 10 , 20 , 20.000 he was only firing one gun at a a time was he not ???

I guess it was quicker to change guns than reload one, which enabled him to kill so many before they could get away or the police could stop him.

John52 - 2017-10-04 4:14 PM

... It doesn't matter how many weapons Paddock had in his hotel .room or home 10 , 20 , 20.000 he was only firing one gun at a a time was he not ???

I guess it was quicker to change guns than reload one, which enabled him to kill so many before they could get away or the police could stop him.

Possibly but if cartridge loaders that's seconds to reload ... By the time you drop one rifle to get another and adjust you'd have reloaded ... Not an expert but I know someone who knows a lot about bullets , mainly blanks though

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-10-04 5:04 PM

Possibly but if cartridge loaders that's seconds to reload ... By the time you drop one rifle to get another and adjust you'd have reloaded ... Not an expert but I know someone who knows a lot about bullets , mainly blanks though

It's pretty clear that the nutter stopped to reload *-) ...........

Sadly our bullet's magazine is loaded with lefty dumb dumbs :-| .......

Is it not obvious from the Nice attack a stolen truck is more efficient than a gun? >:-( ........

Politicians look for quick fix solutions people can perceive the benefit of before the next election

But there are no quick fix solutions here - its gone beyond the point of no return, at least in the immediate future..

Because (at a wild guess because thats all there is) America has something like 200 million guns with equally huge stockpiles of ammunition in circulation.

So if you ban them, the good guys will hand in their guns and the bad guys won't :-(

Totally agree ... The hissy fit hysteria by some regarding guns on here is laughable ... The weapon needs someone to pull the trigger ... The guns used by Paddock was illegal I believe ? ...

No........all were legal semi automatic. As shown from links posted before which you obviously couldn't be bothered to look at, they had been modified using 'bump stocks' which enable them to fire as fully automatic.

A 'bump stock' can be bought for as little as $99......a fraction of the price of the weapon. But the same rapid fire action can be achieved by using a rubber band which proves where the real problem is (apart from batsh*t crazy interpretation of their precious 2nd amendment) and that is SEMI-automatics being perfectly legal to buy.

A semi-automatic can be turned into a rapid fire fully automatic (illegal to buy) in seconds and you don't need to know much about weapons to know how to do it.

Oh and i fixed your singular to plural as Paddock didn't just use "a gun". Police recovered 23 GUNS from Paddocks hotel room and 19 GUNS at his home along with thousands of rounds of ammunition. You are following the well trodden NRA line of being dismissive over this Antony clutching desperately at all the usual straws. I find it quite shameful. Comparing cars to guns is completely ludicrous and a typical NRA strawman.

Last night you made a sneering remark regards "Islamic mass murder are met with candles, hymns and hashtags". There have actually been many and not just in Las Vegas. But you don't want to see or hear that because you're bitterly disappointed Paddock turned out to be an all American white guy and not a group of bearded brown skin folk.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-04/las-vegas-shooting-what-do-we-know-about-the-guns-that-were-used/9013764

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/02/las-vegas-suspect-weapons-guns-explosives

Bump stock made legal in 2010 by the US Government , who was in charge at that time ??? ... It doesn't matter how many weapons Paddock had in his hotel .room or home 10 , 20 , 20.000 he was only firing one gun at a a time was he not ??? ... Of course I can compare car deaths which are much higher than gun deaths , both in the hands of the wrong folk cause death don't they ... Your gun deaths how many of those were gang on gang shootings , drug shootings and likes ??? ... Regarding my supposed disappointment the killer wasn't a brown skinned fella that can't be matched by your glee at the victims being mainly white Trump/Conservatives ... Maybe that was Paddocks intention as he had apparently been on an anti-Trump march , if so he has much in common with brown bearded folk who also want to force their way on us by slaughter ... By the way shameful is defending Muslim peado gangs.

You are trivialising mass murder Antony in a vain attempt to flippantly dismiss it and i find your suggestion that i'm "gleeful" at the victims being 'mainly white', obnoxious. Frankly it is one the most disgusting posts i've read from you.

AR-15's take up to 30 round magazine clips. For someone familiar with guns it takes seconds to fit a fresh magazine. One other type of gun he had in the hotel room was an AK-47, not as precise as an AR-15 but use 7.62mm rounds as opposed to 5.56mm. 5.56mm is primarily designed to main (in war).....an injured soldier is more of a problem than a dead soldier. 7.62mm is specifically designed to kill.

An AK-47 whilst the design is old (first made 1949), it is an extremely lethal weapon. Standard mag clips are 30 rounds but they can also be fitted with 75 and 100 round drum magazines like this.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-10-04 6:56 PM

AR-15's take up to 30 round magazine clips. For someone familiar with guns it takes seconds to fit a fresh magazine. One other type of gun he had in the hotel room was an AK-47, not as precise as an AR-15 but use 7.62mm rounds as opposed to 5.56mm. 5.56mm is primarily designed to main (in war).....an injured soldier is more of a problem than a dead soldier. 7.62mm is specifically designed to kill.

An AK-47 whilst the design is old (first made 1949), it is an extremely lethal weapon. Standard mag clips are 30 rounds but they can also be fitted with 75 and 100 round drum magazines like this.

About as accurate as a truck though *-) .........

Bulletguy - 2017-10-04 6:28 PM

Bump stock made legal in 2010 by the US Government , who was in charge at that time ??? ... It doesn't matter how many weapons Paddock had in his hotel .room or home 10 , 20 , 20.000 he was only firing one gun at a a time was he not ??? ... Of course I can compare car deaths which are much higher than gun deaths , both in the hands of the wrong folk cause death don't they ... Your gun deaths how many of those were gang on gang shootings , drug shootings and likes ??? ... Regarding my supposed disappointment the killer wasn't a brown skinned fella that can't be matched by your glee at the victims being mainly white Trump/Conservatives ... Maybe that was Paddocks intention as he had apparently been on an anti-Trump march , if so he has much in common with brown bearded folk who also want to force their way on us by slaughter ... By the way shameful is defending Muslim peado gangs.

You are trivialising mass murder Antony in a vain attempt to flippantly dismiss it and i find your suggestion that i'm "gleeful" at the victims being 'mainly white', obnoxious. Frankly it is one the most disgusting posts i've read from you.

Well as normal you'd be wrong fella ... Im not the one that trivialises or defends any murder or sexual assaults on here am I and my "suggestion" would be about as disgusting as your comments regarding my disappointment at the murderer not being a brown skinned bearded type ... If you can't take it don't throw it ... A simple lesson you really should have learned a long time ago

antony1969 - 2017-10-04 7:28 PM

Well as normal you'd be wrong fella ... Im not the one that trivialises or defends any murder or sexual assaults on here....

Yes you are by using the thread to shoehorn your usual evil agenda of Muslim hatred, disparagingly mocking about "Islamic mass murder met with candles, hymns and hashtags" and American mass murders only happening "once in a while". Those remarks are beneath contempt.

... about as disgusting as your comments regarding my disappointment at the murderer not being a brown skinned bearded type .

Because you most certainly were and still are. You made that all too obvious by the tone of your second and third posts. Your hatred for Muslims is well documented on this forum.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-10-04 8:04 PM

Well as normal you'd be wrong fella ... Im not the one that trivialises or defends any murder or sexual assaults on here....

Yes you are by using the thread to shoehorn your usual evil agenda of Muslim hatred, disparagingly mocking about "Islamic mass murder met with candles, hymns and hashtags" and American mass murders only happening "once in a while". Those remarks are beneath contempt.

... about as disgusting as your comments regarding my disappointment at the murderer not being a brown skinned bearded type .

Because you most certainly were and still are. You made that all too obvious by the tone of your second and third posts. Your hatred for Muslims is well documented on this forum.

My mistake :-| .........

Bullets got a full mag of dumb dumb's *-) .......

Your making yourself look even sillier than normal ... American mass murder does happen once in a while compared to Islamic mass murder , you'd do well to look at the figures so how on earth can that be all Hollywood and "beneath contempt" I don't know ... Off you go again , if my hatred for Muslims is well documented then so is your obvious love for the activities some of them get up to ... Try again fella

antony1969 - 2017-10-04 8:31 PM

Your making yourself look even sillier than normal ... American mass murder does happen once in a while compared to Islamic mass murder......

I gather you are including the genocide of Muslims in the Middle East. and now the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar? So on that, yes you'd be right that there are significantly less Americans killed by mass murder in the US, but if you aren't including the former then you are still wrong.

Fact check it before digging yourself a deeper hole in the next post but with respect, i did not start this thread for you to start platforming your anti-Muslim bile. If you want to indulge that, make a thread of your own about your hatred. It has no place here.

Bulletguy - 2017-10-04 10:23 PM

antony1969 - 2017-10-04 8:31 PM

Your making yourself look even sillier than normal ... American mass murder does happen once in a while compared to Islamic mass murder......

I gather you are including the genocide of Muslims in the Middle East. and now the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar? So on that, yes you'd be right that there are significantly less Americans killed by mass murder in the US, but if you aren't including the former then you are still wrong.

Fact check it before digging yourself a deeper hole in the next post but with respect, i did not start this thread for you to start platforming your anti-Muslim bile. If you want to indulge that, make a thread of your own about your hatred. It has no place here.

Pointing out the number of Islamic terrorist deaths isn't anti-Muslim bile or hatred fella its comparing like for like with American mass murders ... Picking on someones daughter and wife as in your anti-Trump hysterical thread after thread now thats hatred

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-10-04 10:23 PM

Nope you started it so you could indulge in another spot of Trump bashing *-) .........

Personally I blame the bullet makers >:-) ........

Bulletguy - 2017-10-04 2:03 PM

hi,

My fear now is that american citizens may demand the right to carry guns in the street like the cowboy days as having a gun in your home for protection does not seem to help in situations such as has just occured.

cheers

derek

Derek.......it's already there in some states and has been for many years. The laws vary from state to state but this gives you some idea.

thanks BG- worse than I thought.

The least we should be able to accept is that if a state or country allow the carrying of guns ,they should do it on the basis that strict conditions are met before people can buy guns. Licensing,medical , things of this nature .To just say it is everybody's right is simply not good enough.

cheers again

derek

derek pringle - 2017-10-05 9:56 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-10-04 2:03 PM

hi,

cheers

derek

thanks BG- worse than I thought.

The least we should be able to accept is that if a state or country allow the carrying of guns ,they should do it on the basis that strict conditions are met before people can buy guns. Licensing,medical , things of this nature .To just say it is everybody's right is simply not good enough.

cheers again

derek

Pro-gun NRA rednecks take it even further......they say it is their God given right!! :-S

Having had a relative who used to live and work in Texas, one of the most open and lax states on gun law, it's fair to say not all US citizens think this way, but it does tend to be extremes. One of his neighbours was a raving pro-gun NRA fanatic with an arsenal of weaponry similar to that of Paddock. His other neighbour was polar opposite...never owned a gun in his life, had an abhorrence of them and considered his arsenal owning neighbour, unhinged.

AS you can see from those links it varies from state to state but i found this disturbing reading regarding the state of Nevada.

Nevadans are allowed to purchase, possess or sell a machine gun as long as it is legally registered and complies with federal regulations, according to the lobbying arm of the National Rifle Association.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/02/las-vegas-shooting-are-machine-guns-rifles-legal-in-us.html

New Frontier Armory, near the Buffalo Wild Wings on Centennial Parkway, in North Las Vegas, is on the shortlist of places to go if you want to purchase an actual machine gun within twenty minutes of the Strip.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/i-sell-tools-a-las-vegas-firearms-dealer-who-sold-guns-to-stephen-paddock

The question any normal person would ask is why anyone would want or need a machine gun? They are not designed for hunting or target practice on a range.

I stayed in this Hotel when it was first built,the rooms are most unusual as there is no outer wall,the window in every is the wall, it's a glass wall from roof to floor,it is about 10 ft high by 25 foot wide heavy plate glass,he smashed 2 of them HOW did this not be noticed by security immediately,the noise of these 2 windows at 2 different times hitting the ground 40 + floors down,I don't understand this.

Kevin

Kevin/1946 - 2017-10-06 10:46 PM

I stayed in this Hotel when it was first built,the rooms are most unusual as there is no outer wall,the window in every is the wall, it's a glass wall from roof to floor,it is about 10 ft high by 25 foot wide heavy plate glass,he smashed 2 of them HOW did this not be noticed by security immediately,the noise of these 2 windows at 2 different times hitting the ground 40 + floors down,I don't understand this.

Kevin

Kevin.....it's worth looking at the timeline involved. Paddock shot the glass out as there could be no other way of getting a hole through plate glass which was very likely triple glazed. He began firing on the stadium concert crowd at 2205hrs which was seen on closed-circuit television from the concert venue. Just ten minutes later at 2215hr he fired his final shots and killed himself.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-las-vegas-shooting-live-updates-why-did-it-take-police-so-long-to-1507174474-htmlstory.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/05/us/las-vegas-shooting-timeline/index.html

Remember he had hundreds of rounds of ammunition loaded in magazines ready to clip once emptied in any of the 23 guns. It takes seconds to remove a spent magazine and clip a fresh one in and all his weapons were semi-automatic with 12 using bump stocks to fire them faster (similar to full auto). Much has been made of these bump stocks which are perfectly legal as are semi-automatic weapons, but in my opinion the bump stock is not the problem......the semi-automatic weapon is the real problem and remember you can buy these guns off the shelf in Walmart. You don't even need a bump stock to turn a semi-auto into full automatic....you can do exactly the same with a rubber band. Plenty of clips on YouTube if you want to check them out.

The NRA has grudgingly spoken out for the first time since the shooting suggesting that bump stocks “should be subject to additional regulations”, and calling for more review. Yet some NRA members regard bump stocks as having no legitimate use. “I think even the gun people on the inside are saying, ‘Why would you bother to even defend this stupid thing?" But then go on to say, “there are not a whole lot of people who own these things.We didn’t talk about banning anything.”

This is their way of saying 'but look we are doing something by talking'. Anyone who falls for their crap is as stupid and thick as the gun toting redneck morons who continue to amass personal armouries of serious lethal weaponry. The NRA are more interested in making shed loads of money and protecting the weapons business than their horrendous history of mass murders from open sale weapons.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/06/did-we-all-just-get-played-by-the-nra

Gun owning Americans are actually a minority group.....but the statistics are simply mind boggling. Approximately 25% of the population own a gun but 3% of Americans own half the country's 265 million guns. Now that's one hell of a lot of weapons per gun owning household. WTF are they thinking??? Any right minded normal person would be asking 'why do you you need or want [/i]that many[/i] weapons?'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/09/22/study-guns-owners-violence/90858752/

Archived