Osborne's Revenge

John52

As far as I can see, Osborne's only qualification to be Chancellor was he successfully organised Cameron's Tory Party leadership campaign.

He frequently clashed with Teresa May in Cabinet Meetings, where she always had evidence to back up her assertions, and Osborne usually didn't.

Since she didn't owe him any favours she was able to get rid of him.

I liked and respected her for all that, but have been disappointed since.

She signed off Cameron's Crony list, sending another 40 stooges to the absurdly over-populated House of Lords.

Then called a snap election after saying she wouldn't, and then bribed the DUP with our money to keep her job. >:-)

thebishbus - 2017-10-24 9:26 AM

Think you are wrong again there John. It was not her job she was trying to save , in fact I think she offered to resign . She wanted to keep the Conservatives in power to protect the country from disaster with Corbyn and his thugs.

Brian B.

Which pretty much amounts to the same thing, does it not.... ?

Offering to resign could be a tactical move. It made people realise that the main contenders in the Tory party to replace her would be worse.

But thats beside the point. Without the bung to the DUP she wouldn't have the same job (power) she has now.

I see the legal challenge to her DUP bung has failed.

Perhaps its no worse than Thatchers Gerrymandering all our public assets off cheap to bribe people to vote for her? Bit Dame Shirley Porter got done for Gerrymandering so I don't know how Thatcher got away with it. Maybe the same way as Theresa May?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-10-27 11:39 AM

pelmetman - 2017-10-27 9:52 AM

Point of order chaps :D ..........Is a bung to the DUP any worse than being in hock to the unions? ;-) .......

Yes because the Unions don't have a parliamentary vote to extract a ransom like the DUP.

Their stooges like Corbyn & Co do ;-) ........

He who pays the piper calls the tune >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2017-10-27 12:26 PM

John52 - 2017-10-27 11:39 AM

pelmetman - 2017-10-27 9:52 AM

Point of order chaps :D ..........Is a bung to the DUP any worse than being in hock to the unions? ;-) .......

Yes because the Unions don't have a parliamentary vote to extract a ransom like the DUP.

Their stooges like Corbyn & Co do ;-) ........

He who pays the piper calls the tune >:-) ........

Yeah, I don't like the public sector unions being able to exert undue influence by withdrawing campaign funding. But fewer people donate more money to the Tory party so a greater threat there. Especially since the Tories need election propoganda more than Labour.

And the Unions can hardly threaten to fund the Tory Party instead can they.

And its all a far cry from the instant power to unseat the Tories that the DUP have.

Archived