Photo Upload For Profile

potus4388

Photo Upload For Profile  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi John

Sorry, this is only a guess, as I've never tried to do it.. but:

The photos would presumably have to come from your files(and not a 3rd party website?, like photobucket etc), if that's what you are doing?

Also there may be file format requirement and size limitations?..but again, I wouldn't know what they were if I tripped over 'em..

So..there you have it...of no real help what so ever. (lol)

(I'm sure one of the forums mod-ettes will be along eventually...)

"Photo URL/Profile Image URL: These can be used in conjunction with the 'Upload Photo/Profile Image' options (see below for more information). They will display a picture beneath your username on your posts and in your profile respectively. You can use the aforementioned upload feature, or type in the address of a picture you have already placed on the internet (eg www.domainname.com/images/imagename.jpg). Please note that images will be resized to fit in the space allocated for them (a maximum of 100 pixels wide for profile images). Please keep file sizes small (maximum 50kb) and make sure that the images themselves are not offensive or unsuitable - anything deemed as such will be removed and may result in the offending user account being terminated."

From here: http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Code-of-Conduct-and-User-Guidelines/Forum-User-Guide/You-and-your-profile/3990/

The key point is MAXIMUM filesize of 50kb.

Keith.

potus4388 - 2017-10-25 3:25 PM

Thanks for the reply, the photos are from my files but they won't load on the site.

I will keep trying, thanks again!

Too large a file-size is often the reason where problems uploading the original 'avatar’ photo occur. The file-size needs to be no larger than 50 kilobytes.

This earlier forum discussion may help

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Profile-photo-upload/47875/

Archived