Truma Heater

Richard J

Hi All,

I have just replaced my Truma Trumatic S 3002(gas only) with a 3002 with the trumavent fan and 240 volt element. The ignition is working but i cannot get it to light. I assume the gas isn't getting through. Any thoughts ? I thought perhaps an air block or similar. Any ideas are more than welcome.

Thank you in anticipation of your replies.

Richard

I note that the Operating Instructions here

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma_Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/30_000/30050_93000.pdf

warn (Page 11)

"If there is air in the gas supply line, it can take up to two minutes until there is gas available for combustion. During this time hold the control knob down until the flame lights.”

Suggest you loosen the heater’s connection to the gas-supply pipe to confirm that gas is actually reaching the heater. If it isn’t then (obviously) the heater’s gas-burner cannot light. If gas is reaching the heater, then at least you’ll now that the problem is not due to there being air in the supply pipework.

Thanks for that, I do have the instruction manual and I was holding it down for a couple of minutes.

Today I got the pilot light to ignite after holding the control knob down for four and a half minutes. When I release it, it goes out, This to me would suggest the thermocoupling is at fault but apparently this is very unlikely on this model. So does anybody have any suggestions ? It's very strange as last week it was working fine in the caravan it came out of.

Richard,

What age of caravan was the fridge removed from and what age of MH are you trying to fit it into?

I ask as around 2004 MH's and caravans changed from cylinder mounted regulators to bulkhead mounted regulators and at the same time the operating pressure was 'optimised' for a common Butane/Propane regulator. If the fridge was intended for a cylinder mounted and you have installed it with a bulkhead mounted then it is likely to have the wrong gas jet installed. Worth checking.

Keith.

Keith,

Thanks for your reply. It's a heater I have fitted but perhaps it could be the same problem. My motorhome is a late 2004 with a wall mounted regulator, the heater I have fitted was from a caravan with a regulator on the bottle. If this is the problem is it easy to swap the burners from my old fire to new one ?

Richard

Hi All,

Quick update, I resorted to paying someone who knows there stuff ! Well worth the £45 call out charge, he soon identified that the thermocouple was very slightly out of position(I couldn't see the difference between before and after !). We are now warm and tostie, ready for our trip to Ypres.

Richard

Archived