I see the non-compulsory wearing of Poppies is in full swing

globebuster

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2017-11-16 8:18 AMI thought this was obvious, but in view of previous replies perhaps it isn't to everybody?If you make the characters look too life like there is the possibility they could resemble a real person.Then they might be insulted by it.

Actually, accepting that your name image is of you I reckon some of those statues might have been modelled on your fine physique....  :-)

John52 - 2017-11-16 1:11 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-16 1:06 PMIn computer terms an icon is: 'a symbol or graphic representation on a screen of a program, option, or window'
Because an icon can represent 'a program, option, or window' does not mean it can't represent anything else

Very true and I agree because there are a number of definitions of Icon.  However as you used it in 'computer land' the definition is as I posted not something that came from your lala land book of irrelevances and distortions.

Keep going John.....my day is getting better and better.

Guest pelmetman
RogerC - 2017-11-16 1:55 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-16 1:06 PMIn computer terms an icon is: 'a symbol or graphic representation on a screen of a program, option, or window'
Because an icon can represent 'a program, option, or window' does not mean it can't represent anything else

Very true and I agree because there are a number of definitions of Icon.  However as you used it in 'computer land' the definition is as I posted not something that came from your lala land book of irrelevances and distortions.

Keep it up Roger ;-) .........His neighbours will recommend you for a MBE ......For Services to John52's neighbourhood :D ........

pelmetman - 2017-11-16 3:07 PM

Keep it up Roger ;-) .........His neighbours will recommend you for a MBE ......For Services to John52's neighbourhood :D ........

So very kind of you PM although I would prefer the DSC....'Distinguished Service Cross' for services rendered to 'humanity and sanity' in the face of almost overwhelming idiocy and tangential wanderings.  :-)   (that's an emoticon not an icon don'tcha know)  :-)

......or maybe a VC for 'action in the face of an extremely splenetic troll'   http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/smile/smiley-says-yes-emoticon.gif

RogerC - 2017-11-16 4:12 PM

So very kind of you PM although I would prefer the DSC....'Distinguished Service Cross' for services rendered to 'humanity and sanity' in the face of almost overwhelming idiocy and tangential wanderings.  :-)   (that's an emoticon not an icon don'tcha know)  :-)

......or maybe a VC for 'action in the face of an extremely splenetic troll'   http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/smile/smiley-says-yes-emoticon.gif
He's not a troll! John comes on here to enrich his mind, and enter into lively intellectual debate, and if Peter - sorry John says that's what he's doing why should anyone disagree.I mean, it's not like the subjects raised are a load of b*****ks is itApparently I am though .....a troll that is - according to my mate '52 as I fondly call him

globebuster - 2017-11-16 6:10 PM

He's not a troll! John comes on here to enrich his mind, and enter into lively intellectual debate, and if Peter - sorry John says that's what he's doing why should anyone disagree.I mean, it's not like the subjects raised are a load of b*****ks is itApparently I am though .....a troll that is - according to my mate '52 as I fondly call him

Hmmmmm A Troll eh?  As you are in Norway maybe you have gone 'home' for a holiday?  Fortunately you appear not to fit the definition of a Troll but I know of one who does......could he be 52?.....and Trolls do have a propensity to regurgitate 'b****oks' as you put it so there is a strong possibility it could be your mate 52........

"antisocial, quarrelsome and slow-witted creatures which make life difficult for travellers......or in this case forum members".
Sounds about right to me....  :-)  (another emoticon ....not an icon)

John52 - 2017-11-17 8:54 AMWell I suppose your attempt to change the subject to an irrelevant and silly argument over emoticon/icon is the nearest I will get to an admission you are wrong. :-S

Seeing as you mention it John.....the likelihood of my admitting that my 'computer relevant' definition of the image you used is not as I stated is as likely as you ceasing to litter almost every topic with your Chartist, Suffragettes, anti Royal, anti military etc etc risible nonsense.

However please keep it up because it makes my day so very much better knowing you make Victor Meldrew look like the epitome of happiness. 

Guest pelmetman

Although John and his ilk should perhaps wear a different flower to celebrate their difference? :-S .......A Pansy sounds apposite :D ......

RogerC - 2017-11-22 1:59 PM
John52 - 2017-11-22 9:33 AMRoger, How can I tell whether you are trolling like this,
globebuster - 2017-11-15 4:28 PMI'll keep 'feeding' you John

Is that a question?  
Yes. Are you going to go off on another pedantic argument to avoid answering it?

John52 - 2017-11-22 9:33 AM

Roger, How can I tell whether you are trolling like this,

globebuster - 2017-11-15 4:28 PM

I'll keep 'feeding' you John

Another nice selective snippet by you John........

You must be getting hungry for attention again.

Pity you didn't respond to my post on the 16th [12.49pm] though

globebuster - 2017-11-22 4:58 PM

This is the question to which you refer

globebuster - 2017-11-16 12:49 PM

Still look like lego figures though......they're not made with Plumbers Mait by any chance?

I responded by trying to explain they looked like 'lego figures' because if they were too lifelike they might resemble a real person. Who would not want to be mistaken for one of Her Majesty's soldiers who opened fire on the unarmed civil rights protestors who won what freedoms you and I enjoy today.

I didn't answer whether or not they are made with Plumbers Mait because I didn't know whether you were serious or just trolling again. So which was it? Did you really think the Preston Martyrs Statue was made of Plumbers Mait? Were you trying to make fun of the Preston Martyrs who voluntarily risked and lost their lives for your freedoms. (not conscripted and/or paid like Her Majesty's Armed Forces)? Or were you just trolling again?

John52 - 2017-11-22 3:34 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-22 1:59 PM
John52 - 2017-11-22 9:33 AMRoger, How can I tell whether you are trolling like this,
globebuster - 2017-11-15 4:28 PMI'll keep 'feeding' you John

Is that a question?  
Yes. Are you going to go off on another pedantic argument to avoid answering it?

I feel you have lost the plot John.....I have no idea how you can tell anything and I have no idea what you are on about.  But then that's par for the course given your 'mind' (hmmm oxymoron....mind and relating it to John?) wandering off to goodness knows where.

John52 - 2017-11-22 5:36 PM

globebuster - 2017-11-22 4:58 PM

This is the question to which you refer

globebuster - 2017-11-16 12:49 PM

Still look like lego figures though......they're not made with Plumbers Mait by any chance?

I responded by trying to explain they looked like 'lego figures' because if they were too lifelike they might resemble a real person. Who would not want to be mistaken for one of Her Majesty's soldiers who opened fire on the unarmed civil rights protestors who won what freedoms you and I enjoy today.

I didn't answer whether or not they are made with Plumbers Mait because I didn't know whether you were serious or just trolling again. So which was it? Did you really think the Preston Martyrs Statue was made of Plumbers Mait? Were you trying to make fun of the Preston Martyrs who voluntarily risked and lost their lives for your freedoms. (not conscripted and/or paid like Her Majesty's Armed Forces)? Or were you just trolling again?

That was the first paragraph , any views or thoughts on the second one regarding your sweeping 'compulsory' comments that I alluded to?..........or are you adopting the usual John 52 selective answering out of context method of reply?

BTW - the Plumbers Mait quip was a bit tongue in cheek - So be absolutely clear on this John, I would not disrespect the PM statue or what it stands for....unlike your 'compulsory wearing' tirade which has sparked this thread. On the other hand I don't have any compunction in disrespecting your views though.

Sadly, it appears that you are the one unable to show any respect to public figures wearing a poppy or indeed those from the media.

Your [usual] assumptions were at best crass with your 'compulsory wearing' thread and lets face, it apart from the wrong date, and confusing FIFA and the FA are totally unfounded.

Archived