British justice at its best.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-12-14 6:42 PM

pelmetman - 2017-12-14 6:35 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-14 6:30 PM

pelmetman - 2017-12-14 5:59 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-13 4:30 PM

We don't know what the 17,000 did is my point Dave. Offences against the person can include common assault where there is no injury at all. Sometimes an offender is no thug but someone who for one moment in their life lost their temper and assaulted someone with just a slap which caused no injury. There's no mention of "thuggery" in the Civitas report nor does it give any idea of the gravity of the offences they are talking about.

How many folk do you know who have ended up in court for common assault as a first offence? *-) ........

It appears to me you have to have at least 15 previous convictions before our so called(SPIT) "Justice" system even considers you a wrong'un >:-( .......

I am afraid your first question is impossible to answer Dave. It is 20 years since I had any experience of what goes on in the criminal courts. Mind you I saw a good few charges of common assault back in the day that really amounted to ABH. I have some concerns about charging decisions and the plea bargaining that goes on. I wonder if it is far too easy for the CPS to accept a guilty plea to a lesser offence than spend loads of money on pursuing a more serious charge. If you let the bean counters rule in too many charging decisions then justice is compromised.

So you admit our justice system is now biased towards the criminals, in order to save money for the justice system? :-| .............

It's not just my justice system Dave it is yours too. You are the one who seems to worry most about the cost of cases before all courts. What is the government supposed to do to make you happy?

Sue the "British Justice system" under the trades description act >:-) .........

It should be renamed the British & Foreign criminal reward service *-) ........

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2017-12-17 10:35 AM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-14 6:42 PM

pelmetman - 2017-12-14 6:35 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-14 6:30 PM

pelmetman - 2017-12-14 5:59 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-13 4:30 PM

We don't know what the 17,000 did is my point Dave. Offences against the person can include common assault where there is no injury at all. Sometimes an offender is no thug but someone who for one moment in their life lost their temper and assaulted someone with just a slap which caused no injury. There's no mention of "thuggery" in the Civitas report nor does it give any idea of the gravity of the offences they are talking about.

How many folk do you know who have ended up in court for common assault as a first offence? *-) ........

It appears to me you have to have at least 15 previous convictions before our so called(SPIT) "Justice" system even considers you a wrong'un >:-( .......

I am afraid your first question is impossible to answer Dave. It is 20 years since I had any experience of what goes on in the criminal courts. Mind you I saw a good few charges of common assault back in the day that really amounted to ABH. I have some concerns about charging decisions and the plea bargaining that goes on. I wonder if it is far too easy for the CPS to accept a guilty plea to a lesser offence than spend loads of money on pursuing a more serious charge. If you let the bean counters rule in too many charging decisions then justice is compromised.

So you admit our justice system is now biased towards the criminals, in order to save money for the justice system? :-| .............

It's not just my justice system Dave it is yours too. You are the one who seems to worry most about the cost of cases before all courts. What is the government supposed to do to make you happy?

Sue the "British Justice system" under the trades description act >:-) .........

It should be renamed the British & Foreign criminal reward service *-) ........

My point is Dave that like most things in life you get what you pay for.

Btw The Trade Description Act was mostly repealed and replaced with EU regs. Bet that doesn't make you happy either. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-12-17 11:11 AM

]My point is Dave that like most things in life you get what you pay for.

Correction......... its how the money is spent ;-) ........

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/barrister-suspended-for-giving-client-money-for-food/5064052.article

Well one does need to look after ones income source >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2017-12-20 3:40 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-12-17 11:11 AM

]My point is Dave that like most things in life you get what you pay for.

Correction......... its how the money is spent ;-) ........

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/barrister-suspended-for-giving-client-money-for-food/5064052.article

Well one does need to look after ones income source >:-) .......

Forgive me Dave I am not following your logic.

• 1 month later...
Guest pelmetman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5296005/Gran-strangled-daughters-killer-denied-compensation.html

Makes yer proud of our "SO" called justice system don't it *-) ..........No doubt the scumbag is working out how to get a bit of compo out of the system whilst he's locked up......maybe he'll fall out of bed? :-| .....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prisoners-claiming-thousands-pounds-injuries-11886063

Nice work for those in the lawyering trade though >:-) ...........

I think I've agreed with you before Dave that the Compensation payable to victims from the CICB are too low. From this article it seems that the basic criteria qualifying someone for compensation are also unsatisfactory. One has to wonder whether she also had a claim for psychological injury given the appalling suffering she has had to bear.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-01-22 9:53 AM

I think I've agreed with you before Dave that the Compensation payable to victims from the CICB are too low. From this article it seems that the basic criteria qualifying someone for compensation are also unsatisfactory. One has to wonder whether she also had a claim for psychological injury given the appalling suffering she has had to bear.

Don't let Bullet know 8-) ........

He'll only require more meds :D .........and the NHS is suffering enough from abusers like me >:-) ........

BTW where have you been hiding lately? ;-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-01-22 4:04 PM

He'll only require more meds :D .........and the NHS is suffering enough from abusers like me >:-) ........

Why are you conflating those cases with the previous article mentioned which concerned unlawful detainment for 445 days?

Neither are remotely similar. You're digging yourself into a hole which just gets deeper and at this rate you'll need a JCB.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-01-22 5:03 PM

pelmetman - 2018-01-22 4:04 PM

Why are you conflating those cases with the previous article mentioned which concerned unlawful detainment for 445 days?

Neither are remotely similar. You're digging yourself into a hole which just gets deeper and at this rate you'll need a JCB.

Typical response I'd expect from a loony left wing excuse merchant *-) ..........

Who's tooooo dumb to see why "NORMAL" folk are left seething by criminals being rewarded for committing crime :-| ......

BTW we're going to need a bigger JCB....... to fill in the sh*t hole you and your ilk are turning the UK into >:-) .......

Archived