British justice at its best.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-11-14 3:42 PM

pelmetman - 2017-11-14 8:27 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-11-13 4:11 PM

Yeah i expect you bored them to death with stories of being a self proclaimed banana boat 'world traveler', some time bus conductor and garden shed pelmet maker to rock star royalty *-)

Cant say I'm surprised that your in favour of this scumbag getting 78K ;-) ........

So as you've been asked before, but typically sidestepped replying, if you were unlawfully detained in prison for 445 days, you'd be perfectly ok with that?

Hhmmm.

l

Seeing as I'm not a violent scumbag the chances of me becoming involved with the justice system is pretty remote.........

BTW I think he should still be locked up now as he's here illegally :-| ..........

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2017-11-15 9:35 AM

Yeah i expect you bored them to death with stories of being a self proclaimed banana boat 'world traveler', some time bus conductor and garden shed pelmet maker to rock star royalty *-)

Cant say I'm surprised that your in favour of this scumbag getting 78K ;-) ........

So as you've been asked before, but typically sidestepped replying, if you were unlawfully detained in prison for 445 days, you'd be perfectly ok with that?

Hhmmm.

l

Seeing as I'm not a violent scumbag the chances of me becoming involved with the justice system is pretty remote.........

It wasn't the 'justice system' that locked him up illegally for 445 days. This was outside the justice system.

And you are still sidestepping the question.

Hhmmm.

l

BTW I think he should still be locked up now as he's here illegally :-| ..........

Sorry to say you are wrong again Dave. The article doesn't say that he is here illegally and it looks likely that he was given formal permission to remain at some stage.

Something I missed though is that it also is unclear from the article whether his deportation has been entirely blocked by the European Court. Looks to me as it is possible that there was just a stay on his deportation pending a final decision on his case. I too should have read it more carefully.

We don't often lose cases in the European Court when they get there as you will see from the article I posted regarding common myths about Human Rights. Russia and Turkey often come a cropper there for obvious reasons.

John52 - 2017-11-15 10:02 AM

Hhmmm.

l

It wasn't the 'justice system' that locked him up illegally for 445 days. This was outside the justice system.

And you are still sidestepping the question.

Which he will continue to do because all he can come up with is "for being a violent scum bag" because all Pelmet looks at is screechy Wail headlines and pictures. Detail to him is irrelevant and as long as it's about a Muslim or black bloke that's good enough for him. If it concerned a white British he wouldn't show the slightest interest.and certainly wouldn't post.

His mind cannot compute the man had already served his prison sentence but was then confined to an immigration detention centre where he was unlawfully detained by the HO for 445 days.

A few months unlawful detention would quickly educate Pelmets mind!! ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-11-15 2:58 PM

His mind cannot compute the man had already served his prison sentence but was then confined to an immigration detention centre where he was unlawfully detained by the HO for 445 days.

So you wouldn't mind having the violent scumbag as a neighbour would you?........

Or else that would make you a grade A holier than thou hypocrite ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2017-11-16 8:26 AM

So you wouldn't mind having the violent scumbag as a neighbour would you?........

What ... In his whites only village ... Oh no ... Send him to the little people

antony1969 - 2017-11-16 9:16 AM

Interesting legal basis for sentencing. "You will be detained until everyone in the country would welcome you as their neighbour." Wonder why no-one thought of that before? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-16 9:28 AM

Interesting legal basis for sentencing. "You will be detained until everyone in the country would welcome you as their neighbour." Wonder why no-one thought of that before? :-D

Surely not "until everyone in the country" ... Just the majority ... Majority decisions have served us well up until the last few years ... Everyone acknowledges the majority don't they

antony1969 - 2017-11-16 10:26 AM

Surely not "until everyone in the country" ... Just the majority ... Majority decisions have served us well up until the last few years ... Everyone acknowledges the majority don't they

The majority who think it’s OK to release someone just so long as they don’t live next door to them? *-)

Violet1956 - 2017-11-16 10:40 AM

The majority who think it’s OK to release someone just so long as they don’t live next door to them? *-)

Majority ... Minority ... Doesn't seem to matter these days even the losers win or think they did ... As for this fella I wouldn't want him next door , next county or even on British soil

Guest pelmetman

So you'd be happy for this violent thug to move in next door???????? ;-) .......

pelmetman - 2017-11-16 2:58 PM

So you'd be happy for this violent thug to move in next door???????? ;-) .......

Could be worse ... Could be one of the rapists or terrorists Europes allowed in

Guest pelmetman

So you'd be happy for him as a neighbour to? ;-) ..........

Come on Brian stand up for your opinion >:-) ......

pelmetman - 2017-11-16 2:58 PM

You make a good point. I don’t want to live next door to violent criminals. It is the good people who live in poorer areas that bear the main burden of crime due to the numbers of criminals in their midst. The big question is whether prolonged or indefinite incarceration of criminal elements within poorer communities cures the problems they inflict on those around them or whether the amelioration of poverty and deprivation in those areas would do the job better.

Veronica

pelmetman - 2017-11-16 3:12 PM

OK, lets try a different sentence: "You will be detained until Antony and Dave would welcome you as their neighbour." Is that better? :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2017-11-16 3:31 PM

pelmetman - 2017-11-16 3:12 PM

OK, lets try a different sentence: "You will be detained until Antony and Dave would welcome you as their neighbour." Is that better? :-D

Nice try Brian ;-) .......

So I take it you wouldn't want him as a neighbour but would be happy to foist him onto someone else *-) ......

How very Nuevo Pious >:-) .......

I didn't quite hear you.........

You accept being unlawfully detained for 445 days for no criminal offence....YES or NO? Just the 'yes' or 'no' please......NOTHING ELSE....no deflectionary hyperbole, no crazy analogies.

pelmetman - 2017-11-16 3:53 PM

So I take it you wouldn't want him as a neighbour but would be happy to foist him onto someone else *-) ......

No Dave, I wouldn't particularly want any ex-con living next door, as you clearly wouldn't.

But, having said that, I do want a legal system that is transparent, fair, and even handed, and which sentences offenders sensibly and rationally, and releases them on completion of their sentence. In short justice being done, and being seen to be done.

You (and Antony) seem to just want a system in which people are locked up until you think it appropriate to release them. From what you both say that would seem to mean full life terms for most criminals.

So, who should be released and when? You have to accept that the alternative, of keeping all criminals in prison indefinitely, is untenable. What's your alternative solution?

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-16 4:47 PM

No Dave, I wouldn't particularly want any ex-con living next door, as you clearly wouldn't.

But, having said that, I do want a legal system that is transparent, fair, and even handed, and which sentences offenders sensibly and rationally, and releases them on completion of their sentence. In short justice being done, and being seen to be done.

You (and Antony) seem to just want a system in which people are locked up until you think it appropriate to release them. From what you both say that would seem to mean full life terms for most criminals.

So, who should be released and when? You have to accept that the alternative, of keeping all criminals in prison indefinitely, is untenable. What's your alternative solution?

You've gone all Disney again Brian ... Where and when did I mention full life terms for most criminals ???

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-16 4:47 PM   No Dave, I wouldn't particularly want any ex-con living next door, as you clearly wouldn't. ,

Seems a somewhat broad statement to me.  'Any'?  What ever happened to the (apparently) liberal ideals that have emanated from your posts?  They appear to have melted away in the face of having someone who has 'paid the price', done the crime/done the time and you don't want them working to reintegrate into society (with all the inherent prejudices) from next door to you.  Hardly a compassionate stand to take.

antony1969 - 2017-11-16 5:21 PM

You've gone all Disney again Brian ... Where and when did I mention full life terms for most criminals ???

You didn't Antony, but it seems the logical implication of your post. What is your solution, as you seem not to want certain people living next door? Should the criminal who hase served his sentence be released, or just detained until you feel comfortable? It's not an unfair question.

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-16 5:51 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-16 5:21 PM

You didn't Antony, but it seems the logical implication of your post. What is your solution, as you seem not to want certain people living next door? Should the criminal who hase served his sentence be released, or just detained until you feel comfortable? It's not an unfair question.

Your right I didn't ... You start the post off well but then take a trip back to Disney ... You end the post "its an unfair question" ... Your right it is to someone who never said it to start off with

RogerC - 2017-11-16 5:23 PM
Brian Kirby - 2017-11-16 4:47 PM   No Dave, I wouldn't particularly want any ex-con living next door, as you clearly wouldn't. ,

Seems a somewhat broad statement to me.  'Any'?  What ever happened to the (apparently) liberal ideals that have emanated from your posts?  They appear to have melted away in the face of having someone who has 'paid the price', done the crime/done the time and you don't want them working to reintegrate into society (with all the inherent prejudices) from next door to you.  Hardly a compassionate stand to take.
You seem to have omitted to note my next paragraph, Roger. I'll repeat it for you: "But, having said that, I do want a legal system that is transparent, fair, and even handed, and which sentences offenders sensibly and rationally, and releases them on completion of their sentence. In short justice being done, and being seen to be done."The unavoidable upshot of that is that the ex-con has to live somewhere, so may end up next door. Not a situation I would want (assuming I would ever know, which is unlikely), but one I have to (uneasily) accept is possible, and could happen. To be honest, I'd be happier if said ex-con had first reformed and completed his reintegration into society. But then, the figures for recidivism don't encourage great confidence on that score, do they? If I'm brutally honest, I'd be far happier if he moved in next door to you! :-D But then, we don't get to choose our neighbours, do we?

antony1969 - 2017-11-16 5:55 PM...........................Your right I didn't ... You start the post off well but then take a trip back to Disney ... You end the post "its an unfair question" ... Your right it is to someone who never said it to start off with

And there lies our problem. I actually said "It's not an unfair question".

But, you seem to have overlooked the difference between what you write, and what message it carries for your reader.

I tried to explain that here: "You (and Antony) seem to just want a system in which people are locked up until you think it appropriate to release them. From what you both say that would seem to mean full life terms for most criminals." I don't accuse you of saying that directly ("seem"), I say it is the implication of what you wrote: first "What ... In his whites only village ... Oh no ... Send him to the little people" followed by, "Surely not "until everyone in the country" ... Just the majority ... Majority decisions have served us well up until the last few years ... Everyone acknowledges the majority don't they". So, not keen on his release. In which case presumably not keen on the release of other violent criminals?

Hence my question. Who should be released at the end of their term, and who should be detained at the pleasure of "the majority" (whoever they may be, and however they may be selected)? It just seemed to me illogical, so I asked (Dave, not you). ".....who should be released and when? You have to accept that the alternative, of keeping all criminals in prison indefinitely, is untenable. What's your alternative solution?" As I said, it's not an unfair question.

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-16 6:39 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-16 5:55 PM...........................Your right I didn't ... You start the post off well but then take a trip back to Disney ... You end the post "its an unfair question" ... Your right it is to someone who never said it to start off with

And there lies our problem. I actually said "It's not an unfair question".

But, you seem to have overlooked the difference between what you write, and what message it carries for your reader.

I tried to explain that here: "You (and Antony) seem to just want a system in which people are locked up until you think it appropriate to release them. From what you both say that would seem to mean full life terms for most criminals." I don't accuse you of saying that directly ("seem"), I say it is the implication of what you wrote: first "What ... In his whites only village ... Oh no ... Send him to the little people" followed by, "Surely not "until everyone in the country" ... Just the majority ... Majority decisions have served us well up until the last few years ... Everyone acknowledges the majority don't they". So, not keen on his release. In which case presumably not keen on the release of other violent criminals?

Hence my question. Who should be released at the end of their term, and who should be detained at the pleasure of "the majority" (whoever they may be, and however they may be selected)? It just seemed to me illogical, so I asked (Dave, not you). ".....who should be released and when? You have to accept that the alternative, of keeping all criminals in prison indefinitely, is untenable. What's your alternative solution?" As I said, it's not an unfair question.

Our problem lies with your totally wrong Brian ... Whatever you've quoted me as saying is still a massive leap to what you say I want as in locking most criminals up for life ... How does "whites only village" get you to where you are with what I supposedly think ?

Archived