battery charge fuse for swift 680FB

John swift

John,

The vehicle battery charging will be (should be!) the standard base vehicle charging system so what base vehicle, model and year, is your Swift built on?

Keith.

Edit: Or do you mean the fuse for the habitation electrics to charge the vehicle battery when on EHU?

John

If you are referring to the fuse-box in your 2011 Ducato’s engine compartment, although there are 15 fuseways not all of them may carry a fuse. I note that one fuseway relates to automatic transmission, so the fuse-box of a Ducato with manual transmission might not have a fuse in that fuseway. (You ought to be able to establish from your Ducato handbook what the ‘missing’ fuse would be for.)

Hi its a fiat Ducato 2011 I was looking at the main controller box in the cupboard behind the drivers seat as its while it's plugged in to the mains that the problem has happened i press the button over the hab door to change from leisure to vehicle and nothing happens just remains on leisure when i check status on main board it says leisure is 12.6v and vehicle is 2v cheers

John,

You can download the wiring diagrams from the Sargent Electrical website here...

https://sargentltd.co.uk/tech-support/article/Swift-Group-Schematics/25

and hopefully work out your wiring and fuses from them.

If not try phoning Sargent Electrical and ask for advice.

Keith.

Edit to add: Looking at both 2011 and 2012 diagrams the Vehicle battery is connected to the PSU via Fiat Connector C036L1C so you may need to locate this connector and check for voltage on the Red and Black wires. Or possibly start at connector P1 on the PSU for the same wire colours.

I'm confused (not difficult! :-)), but the owner's handbook available from the Swift website lists the 15 fuses you refer to on page 62. Fuse 15 is stated to be "fitted internally to the power supply unit (PSU)".

However, I don't think this fuse is necessarily your problem.

You say the habitation battery is at 12.6V, which implies a reasonable (though not full) charge, and that the starter battery is at 2V, which implies as flat as your hat, and probably terminally damaged.

However, what you haven't said is that you can't start the van, which would be the case if the starter battery were really at 2V.

Also, if the fuse in the charger were blown, it seems unlikely the habitation battery would show the charge level it does, and also a bit odd that its voltage can be read by the panel.

So, simple things first, can you start the van?

Hi thanks everyone think i have sorted ( fingers crossed )

When i opened it up the fob didn't unlock the doors so opened with the key then like i said i did the checks

Then with power plugged in I plugged a 12v charger in and connected it to the vehicle battery voltage went up to 13v so disconnected the charger and it allowed me to swap from leisure to vehicle so leaving it on charge for a few days to see how it goes then i will take off charge and see if it holds its charge.

Archived