Gas bottles for 2013 Elddis Autoquest 115

1951Pete

We are buying an Elddis Autoquest 115 and trying to sort out our gas bottles. We currently use BP Light 5 kg bottles on our caravan but are not sure if they will fit. I tried contacting Elddis about the dimensions of the gas locker but they would only reply that they recommended Calor Lite Propane or Butane.

The van is currently being serviced by a Peugeot dealer so our supplying dealer can not check the dimensions.

Does anyone know if they will fit because they are slightly fatter than Calor bottles?

Hi there,

Not sure if this helps but we have an Elddis Accordo, the gas locker as with the 115 Autoquest, is designed to hold 2 x 6kg Calor Gas bottles,propane or butane.If you go onto the Calor website you will be able to get the dimensions of the bottles.

This may help to answer your query?

@potus4388

Thanks for that. I am aware of the sizes and the issue is that the Gaslight cylinder is wider than the Calor cylinders. I am not sure if they will fit through the locker door and whether they are too wide for the locker?

How much space do you have around your cylinders when fitting them?

Not a lot!

Its very tight indeed, at best,when both bottles are in, there is probably only a couple ot inches, if that,between each one and they are right up against the sides of the locker.

Sorry if I have not been much help, just thought you could compare the Calor sizes with your other ones.

Hope you are able to resolve matters!

1951Pete - 2017-11-16 2:28 PM reply that they recommended Calor Lite Propane or Butane. ?

Problem there then just copied this from Calor web site

Following the recent announcement that the current 6kg Calor Lite (the ‘6kg Lite’) cylinder is to be phased out and replaced with an improved version, Calor would like to address the concerns raised by members of the caravanning and motorhome community and to reassure its customers that it continues to invest heavily in the market, with research already underway for its next generation leisure cylinder.

witzend - 2017-11-16 5:05 PM

Problem there then just copied this from Calor web site

Following the recent announcement that the current 6kg Calor Lite (the ‘6kg Lite’) cylinder is to be phased out and replaced with an improved version, Calor would like to address the concerns raised by members of the caravanning and motorhome community and to reassure its customers that it continues to invest heavily in the market, with research already underway for its next generation leisure cylinder.

I was aware of that thanks. I found it interesting that Elddis did not. However it is not a problem because our Flogas back ups are the same size as Calor Lite.

It just means we will be carrying a bit more weight but luckily we have a good payload.

The dimensions of BP Gas Light bottles are shown here

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=149

and the 10kg and 5kg versions both have the same 305mm diameter.

The dimensions of Calor canisters are here

http://chorleybottlegas.co.uk/sp_faq/what-are-the-dimensions-of-calor-gas-cylinders/

and it will be apparent that the ‘standard’ 6kg (propane) and 7kg(butane) bottles have a good deal smaller diameter at 256mm (the “CalorLite” bottle’s diameter was 246mm).

BP Gas Light bottles failed to gain a significant share of the UK leisure-vehicle gas-bottle market as much as anything due to their large diameter. Historically, UK-built motorhomes and caravans have been designed to carry 2 x 7kg/6kg Calor bottles with the gas-locker’s floor-area (and locker door) sized to match that philosophy. With motorcaravanning and caravanning in the UK heavily oriented towards staying on campsites with 230V hook-ups, there’s no overpowering need for two 15kg/13kg gas-bottles, and carrying a pair of smalller bottles saves weight and gains space. The potential trouble comes when travelling outside the UK where larger bottles are the norm and UK bottles cannot be exchanged.

Archived