ShurFlo Pump Leaking

chrisfree

Has anyone had a pump apart. I have a leak where the head meets the pump and it appears there are 5 screws holding this together and I assume their is a gasket here.

The screws are tight so possibly a gasket renewal.

Before going any further I have tried to source a gasket, but cannot find any spares.

The pump is 8 years of age and it may be better to change the pump.

Does anyone have any comments. please.

Chris,

They do come apart and it is not a gasket but a diaphragm. (actually a 'Valve Assembly') Part 2 in this exploded view...

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/water/caravan-water-pump/shurflo-pumps/shurflo-trail-king-pump-series-spare-parts#ppSpecs[iframes]/0/

But! Are you sure it's leaking from there?

The Shurflo pump on our AT started leaking and it turned out to be a crack in the 'Upper Housing' most likely caused by frost and not being fully drained.

I replaced the entire pump as a cheaper option than repair.

Keith.

PS Check around dealers as prices vary tremendously!

Thanks Keith

Yes it is weeping out of the join.

I do drain down in the winter and use the van every 10 days or so. This actually happened about six months ago and I have just kept the area dry with tissue, but it has deteriated. It is odd this year I have had leaks on a tap and the dump valve. The tap was taken to bits and reassembled and found nothing. The 12v dump valve was replaced with a manual one at a 5th of the price.

Just found the manual in my folder for the pump and can see that you can source the spare for about £25, but it looks easier to change the whole pump, for just over twice that and knowing that you wont upset anything else in dismantling.

Cheers

Chris

I carry a spare Shurflo pump, cost about £50 from leisureshopdirect. Just be aware that the aftermarket reference number is slightly different to the original pump. Best to order using the flow rate and pressure rating as indicated on the original pump.

Suggest you purchase a new pump and recondition the old one as a spare.

Guest pelmetman
Robbo - 2018-01-10 7:43 PM

Suggest you purchase a new pump and recondition the old one as a spare.

Ditto ;-) .........

Archived