Another bad day for old Remoaner Carney.......

Guest pelmetman

Why is it a bad day for him? It wont make no odds to him when Brexit crushes the economy. It will to people in northern Ireland or the North East of England though. https://www.yorkshirecoastradio.com/news/national/2498236/hit-to-northern-ireland-and-north-east-england-gdp-revealed-in-new-brexit-impact-papers-leak/

I love the way the Daily Fail has deliberately drawn their graph to make a 0.2% difference in the predicted growth look massive although I dont know why they bothered as their readers just believe everything they are told by the Fail anyway.

Its a pity though that this "huge" growth is not finding its way out of the mitts of the likes of Reek Smugs empire down to the man in the street as inflation carries on soaring and wages go down each year. Its also nothing to get excited about as its a whole 1% down on what it would have been if we had not voted to leave the EU. Ooops sorry. 0.8% now.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-02-08 4:03 PM

Why is it a bad day for him? It wont make no odds to him when Brexit crushes the economy. It will to people in northern Ireland or the North East of England though. https://www.yorkshirecoastradio.com/news/national/2498236/hit-to-northern-ireland-and-north-east-england-gdp-revealed-in-new-brexit-impact-papers-leak/

I love the way the Daily Fail has deliberately drawn their graph to make a 0.2% difference in the predicted growth look massive although I dont know why they bothered as their readers just believe everything they are told by the Fail anyway.

Its a pity though that this "huge" growth is not finding its way out of the mitts of the likes of Reek Smugs empire down to the man in the street as inflation carries on soaring and wages go down each year. Its also nothing to get excited about as its a whole 1% down on what it would have been if we had not voted to leave the EU. Ooops sorry. 0.8% now.

Seeing as you live in one of those areas which would be affected ;-) .........

Why are you continually moaning on the other channel about all the work you have? :-S ..........

Just asking???? >:-) ............

pelmetman - 2018-02-08 5:29 PM

Why are you continually moaning on the other channel about all the work you have? :-S ..........

Well I live just off the edge of the North East really. Moaning? You do realise thats a standing joke as I do hardly any fecking work although I Was busy before Christmas. I did feck all in January but Im semi retired anyway. Much of my work in the past was outside of the North east anyway but I did work for years as a business consultant as well for the public sector serving SME's across the North East and most of them are just surviving. They cannot afford a big hit like the one that is forecast in the link.

Im not at all bitter Antony. Frustrated but never bitter. If the country wants to self harm for none of the benefits they were sold thats up to them. It will of course effect me as most of what work I do have left here is in the North East, mainly around the Dales now but Im practically retired anyway so if what I have goes ill just have less money in the pot. My biggest client however relies on funding as its a charity and a fair chunk of it came from the EU. When the sh1t hits the fan and money is tight though as it may well be after Brexit funding is always the first to go. If they go I may as well just pack up.

There was a domino effect last time in 2008 and it never really rcovered. I bought a motorhome though and went travelling.

Barryd999 - 2018-02-08 7:03 PM

Well I live just off the edge of the North East really. Moaning? You do realise thats a standing joke as I do hardly any fecking work although I Was busy before Christmas. I did feck all in January but Im semi retired anyway. Much of my work in the past was outside of the North east anyway but I did work for years as a business consultant as well for the public sector serving SME's across the North East and most of them are just surviving. They cannot afford a big hit like the one that is forecast in the link.

Im not at all bitter Antony. Frustrated but never bitter. If the country wants to self harm for none of the benefits they were sold thats up to them. It will of course effect me as most of what work I do have left here is in the North East, mainly around the Dales now but Im practically retired anyway so if what I have goes ill just have less money in the pot. My biggest client however relies on funding as its a charity and a fair chunk of it came from the EU. When the sh1t hits the fan and money is tight though as it may well be after Brexit funding is always the first to go. If they go I may as well just pack up.

There was a domino effect last time in 2008 and it never really rcovered. I bought a motorhome though and went travelling.

Barry c'mon ... Your talking tosh ... You don't want to work so whinging about recovering is a load of cobblers ... Recovering to you is recovering from the night before ... Why not go into adoption ... Good money for those that adopt young un's from war torn areas like Albania ... You've got the space and time ... Go on

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-02-08 7:11 PM

Barry c'mon ... Your talking tosh ... You don't want to work so whinging about recovering is a load of cobblers ... Recovering to you is recovering from the night before ... Why not go into adoption ... Good money for those that adopt young un's from war torn areas like Albania ... You've got the space and time ... Go on

Yeah just think how useful one of those 30 year old toddler migrants would be ;-) ...........

Just need to train em to say "turn it off and on again......and here's the bill "£99.99" B-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-02-08 7:30 PM

Yeah just think how useful one of those 30 year old toddler migrants would be ;-) ...........

Just need to train em to say "turn it off and on again......and here's the bill "£99.99" B-) ........

Oh Yeah B-)

pelmetman - 2018-02-08 2:53 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5367429/Bank-England-UPGRADES-growth-forecast-1-8.html#newcomment

Oh how he hopes for a recession >:-) ........

Selective reporting as usual.

The pound 'surged' 0.4% because of a rise in interest rates.

And Desmond 'forgets' to tell you Britain's 'Growth' is lagging the rest of the world - Britain's Growth is now lowest out of the G7 nations.

And why you think Carney should care is beyond me. He'll be off back home to Canada with his boots full of our money (Thanks to Osborne) Bank of England pensions are fully funded from investments - a separate ring fenced fund from state pensions

The last recession saw my business drop by 90%. Yes really. All the public sector government and EU funded stuff went overnight and one of my biggest private sector clients, a national franchise broke up. People drew their horns in and the domino effect of that meant people in IT services like myself suffered and nobody Private or Public sector was taking on consultants which is what I was by then.

It really has never properly recovered. I dont mind the work and lifestyle I have now but dont want to lose either and I certainly dont want to see places like the North East become like they were in the early 80s and a 16% hit to the region would probably be worse than that.

I am of the opinion now though that you hard core Brexiteers are beyond reasoning with as regards Brexit and will not accept that any of this will happen until its too late and smacks you in the face.

Barryd999 - 2018-02-08 7:54 PM
Barryd999 - 2018-02-08 4:03 PMWhy is it a bad day for him? It wont make no odds to him when Brexit crushes the economy. It will to people in northern Ireland or the North East of England though. https://www.yorkshirecoastradio.com/news/national/2498236/hit-to-northern-ireland-and-north-east-england-gdp-revealed-in-new-brexit-impact-papers-leak/I love the way the Daily Fail has deliberately drawn their graph to make a 0.2% difference in the predicted growth look massive although I dont know why they bothered as their readers just believe everything they are told by the Fail anyway.Its a pity though that this "huge" growth is not finding its way out of the mitts of the likes of Reek Smugs empire down to the man in the street as inflation carries on soaring and wages go down each year. Its also nothing to get excited about as its a whole 1% down on what it would have been if we had not voted to leave the EU. Ooops sorry. 0.8% now.
Seeing as you live in one of those areas which would be affected ;-) .........Why are you continually moaning on the other channel about all the work you have? :-S ..........Just asking???? >:-) ............
Well I live just off the edge of the North East really. Moaning? You do realise thats a standing joke as I do hardly any fecking work although I Was busy before Christmas. I did feck all in January but Im semi retired anyway. Much of my work in the past was outside of the North east anyway but I did work for years as a business consultant as well for the public sector serving SME's across the North East and most of them are just surviving. They cannot afford a big hit like the one that is forecast in the link.Im not at all bitter Antony. Frustrated but never bitter. If the country wants to self harm for none of the benefits they were sold thats up to them. It will of course effect me as most of what work I do have left here is in the North East, mainly around the Dales now but Im practically retired anyway so if what I have goes ill just have less money in the pot. My biggest client however relies on funding as its a charity and a fair chunk of it came from the EU. When the sh1t hits the fan and money is tight though as it may well be after Brexit funding is always the first to go. If they go I may as well just pack up.There was a domino effect last time in 2008 and it never really rcovered. I bought a motorhome though and went travelling.
The last recession saw my business drop by 90%. Yes really. All the public sector government and EU funded stuff went overnight and one of my biggest private sector clients, a national franchise broke up. People drew their horns in and the domino effect of that meant people in IT services like myself suffered and nobody Private or Public sector was taking on consultants which is what I was by then.It really has never properly recovered. I dont mind the work and lifestyle I have now but dont want to lose either and I certainly dont want to see places like the North East become like they were in the early 80s and a 16% hit to the region would probably be worse than that.I am of the opinion now though that you hard core Brexiteers are beyond reasoning with as regards Brexit and will not accept that any of this will happen until its too late and smacks you in the face.

Highlight 1.

That's a strange one Barry because my son is an IT consultant, self employed and has not looked back since the Brexit vote.  He was worried initially but in the immediate aftermath nothing changed for him and since then his contracts have been renewed and he is, as they say.....rolling in it.

Point 2 above.

That is rich coming from one of the members of the 'Doom and gloom Crystal Ball of Certainty' Club.  Your certainty in predictions is amazingly solid despite, for example, the latest 'expert' getting it wrong.....again.  He has openly admitted he was and is far too gloomy regarding the effect Brexit would/will have.  Basically the guy is useless, even dangerous considering his position, and the sooner he goes the better.  Unfortunately the likes of yourself seem to think his ilk have all the answers....all doom mongers and nothing appears capable of altering that outlook.

So once more.....Why is it you and your lot are 'always right' and the leave camp so wrong despite examples such as 'Cobblers Carney' staring you in the face?

RogerC - 2018-02-08 9:21 PM
Barryd999 - 2018-02-08 4:03 PMWhy is it a bad day for him? It wont make no odds to him when Brexit crushes the economy. It will to people in northern Ireland or the North East of England though. https://www.yorkshirecoastradio.com/news/national/2498236/hit-to-northern-ireland-and-north-east-england-gdp-revealed-in-new-brexit-impact-papers-leak/I love the way the Daily Fail has deliberately drawn their graph to make a 0.2% difference in the predicted growth look massive although I dont know why they bothered as their readers just believe everything they are told by the Fail anyway.Its a pity though that this "huge" growth is not finding its way out of the mitts of the likes of Reek Smugs empire down to the man in the street as inflation carries on soaring and wages go down each year. Its also nothing to get excited about as its a whole 1% down on what it would have been if we had not voted to leave the EU. Ooops sorry. 0.8% now.
Seeing as you live in one of those areas which would be affected ;-) .........Why are you continually moaning on the other channel about all the work you have? :-S ..........Just asking???? >:-) ............
Well I live just off the edge of the North East really. Moaning? You do realise thats a standing joke as I do hardly any fecking work although I Was busy before Christmas. I did feck all in January but Im semi retired anyway. Much of my work in the past was outside of the North east anyway but I did work for years as a business consultant as well for the public sector serving SME's across the North East and most of them are just surviving. They cannot afford a big hit like the one that is forecast in the link.Im not at all bitter Antony. Frustrated but never bitter. If the country wants to self harm for none of the benefits they were sold thats up to them. It will of course effect me as most of what work I do have left here is in the North East, mainly around the Dales now but Im practically retired anyway so if what I have goes ill just have less money in the pot. My biggest client however relies on funding as its a charity and a fair chunk of it came from the EU. When the sh1t hits the fan and money is tight though as it may well be after Brexit funding is always the first to go. If they go I may as well just pack up.There was a domino effect last time in 2008 and it never really rcovered. I bought a motorhome though and went travelling.
The last recession saw my business drop by 90%. Yes really. All the public sector government and EU funded stuff went overnight and one of my biggest private sector clients, a national franchise broke up. People drew their horns in and the domino effect of that meant people in IT services like myself suffered and nobody Private or Public sector was taking on consultants which is what I was by then.It really has never properly recovered. I dont mind the work and lifestyle I have now but dont want to lose either and I certainly dont want to see places like the North East become like they were in the early 80s and a 16% hit to the region would probably be worse than that.I am of the opinion now though that you hard core Brexiteers are beyond reasoning with as regards Brexit and will not accept that any of this will happen until its too late and smacks you in the face.

Highlight 1.

That's a strange one Barry because my son is an IT consultant, self employed and has not looked back since the Brexit vote.  He was worried initially but in the immediate aftermath nothing changed for him and since then his contracts have been renewed and he is, as they say.....rolling in it.

Point 2 above.

That is rich coming from one of the members of the 'Doom and gloom Crystal Ball of Certainty' Club.  Your certainty in predictions is amazingly solid despite, for example, the latest 'expert' getting it wrong.....again.  He has openly admitted he was and is far too gloomy regarding the effect Brexit would/will have.  Basically the guy is useless, even dangerous considering his position, and the sooner he goes the better.  Unfortunately the likes of yourself seem to think his ilk have all the answers....all doom mongers and nothing appears capable of altering that outlook.

So once more.....Why is it you and your lot are 'always right' and the leave camp so wrong despite examples such as 'Cobblers Carney' staring you in the face?

Where is your son based though Roger? It also depends on fields of expertise as well as location. Most people in IT will never be out of a job but I can assure you in the North East and certainly in the Public Sector where I was employed the funding dried up and the two large public sectors I worked for went to the wall in the last recession. Nobody was employing consultants up here, certainly not in the SME sector so it was back on the tools for me.Carney got it wrong by 0.2% but we are still heading to be the basket case of Europe and GDP is way lower than it should be. Now we have an independent analysis of post brexit figures from the USA, Scotland and the one from the Governement that they didnt want you to see and you can see why! All of them say pretty much the same thing and none of the possible three outcomes predict a rosy future with a hard Brexit option or no deal looking disastrous. I dunno about you but I can see a pattern there.They are predictions of course and they dont account for this special wonderful deal that somehow Theresa is going to pull out of the hat but I wouldnt bet your house on that one or even a fiver.So its not a case of me knowing whats going to happen but that the experts say its whats going to happen and looking around at all the information out there it seems pretty clear to me that its going to be a disaster for the UK. Today we hear that our driving licences may not be valid in the EU and we are having to sign up the the 1968 Vienna convention to try and avoid that but it could still spell big problems for hauliers and guess what the 65 none EU country trade deals that we were under the impression the UK could carry on with are under threat as well.Just what will it take to convince you and the others that we are going to end up down the creek without a paddle? Or is it really down to just not being able to accept you made a mistake and the Brexit Victory must be upheld no matter what? Could be very costly emotions.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-02-08 9:39 PM

Today we hear that our driving licences may not be valid in the EU and we are having to sign up the the 1968 Vienna convention to try and avoid that but it could still spell big problems for hauliers and guess what the 65 none EU country trade deals that we were under the impression the UK could carry on with are under threat as well.

So our driving licenses wont be valid because we will no longer be part of the EU ;-) ..........

I wonder if the bloke in the Russian registered car I followed for miles yesterday is aware of that fact? :-S.......

Or the other 165 countries that are not part of the EU >:-) ..........

If you're going to spout tosh Barry.......please try and make it believable *-) .........

RogerC - 2018-02-08 9:21 PM

Highlight 1.

Point 2 above.

Where is your son based though Roger? It also depends on fields of expertise as well as location. Most people in IT will never be out of a job but I can assure you in the North East and certainly in the Public Sector where I was employed the funding dried up and the two large public sectors I worked for went to the wall in the last recession. Nobody was employing consultants up here, certainly not in the SME sector so it was back on the tools for me.Carney got it wrong by 0.2% but we are still heading to be the basket case of Europe and GDP is way lower than it should be. Now we have an independent analysis of post brexit figures from the USA, Scotland and the one from the Governement that they didnt want you to see and you can see why! All of them say pretty much the same thing and none of the possible three outcomes predict a rosy future with a hard Brexit option or no deal looking disastrous. I dunno about you but I can see a pattern there.They are predictions of course and they dont account for this special wonderful deal that somehow Theresa is going to pull out of the hat but I wouldnt bet your house on that one or even a fiver.So its not a case of me knowing whats going to happen but that the experts say its whats going to happen and looking around at all the information out there it seems pretty clear to me that its going to be a disaster for the UK. Today we hear that our driving licences may not be valid in the EU and we are having to sign up the the 1968 Vienna convention to try and avoid that but it could still spell big problems for hauliers and guess what the 65 none EU country trade deals that we were under the impression the UK could carry on with are under threat as well.Just what will it take to convince you and the others that we are going to end up down the creek without a paddle? Or is it really down to just not being able to accept you made a mistake and the Brexit Victory must be upheld no matter what? Could be very costly emotions.
Blah blah blah hard Brexit ... Blah blah blah big red bus ... Blah blah blah predictions ... Blah blah blah conned ... Blah blah blah ... dint know what they were voting for ... Blah blah blah Rees Smug ... Blah blah blah changing their minds ... Blah blah blah I know best ... Blah blah blah big red bus ... Blah blah blah Daily Fail ... Blah blah blah Brexit song ... Blah blah blah big red bus ... Blah blah blah second referendum ... Blah blah blah No more driving , hauliers going bust , no more coach travel , ferry ports closing ... Blah blah blah big red bus ... Blah blah blah only youth should vote ... Blah blah blah big red bus ... Blah blah blahhttps://twitter.com/LeaveMnsLeave/status/961907162812477440

pelmetman - 2018-02-09 9:18 AM

Today we hear that our driving licences may not be valid in the EU and we are having to sign up the the 1968 Vienna convention to try and avoid that but it could still spell big problems for hauliers and guess what the 65 none EU country trade deals that we were under the impression the UK could carry on with are under threat as well.

So our driving licenses wont be valid because we will no longer be part of the EU ;-) ..........

I wonder if the bloke in the Russian registered car I followed for miles yesterday is aware of that fact? :-S.......

If you're going to spout tosh Barry.......please try and make it believable *-) .........

They wont be unless we sign up to the Vienna convention but it spells further problems for hauliers on top of the issues that leaving the Customs Union will cause them. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/08/no-deal-brexit-would-trigger-wave-of-red-tape-for-uk-drivers-and-hauliers

There is just more and more complications arising every day now we are getting down to the actual nitty gritty of leaving the EU where soundbites and rousing anti EU speeches are no longer enough.

Barryd999 - 2018-02-08 9:39 PM Where is your son based though Roger? It also depends on fields of expertise as well as location. Most people in IT will never be out of a job but I can assure you in the North East and certainly in the Public Sector where I was employed the funding dried up and the two large public sectors I worked for went to the wall in the last recession. Nobody was employing consultants up here, certainly not in the SME sector so it was back on the tools for me.Carney got it wrong by 0.2% but we are still heading to be the basket case of Europe and GDP is way lower than it should be. Now we have an independent analysis of post brexit figures from the USA, Scotland and the one from the Governement that they didnt want you to see and you can see why! All of them say pretty much the same thing and none of the possible three outcomes predict a rosy future with a hard Brexit option or no deal looking disastrous. I dunno about you but I can see a pattern there.They are predictions of course and they dont account for this special wonderful deal that somehow Theresa is going to pull out of the hat but I wouldnt bet your house on that one or even a fiver.So its not a case of me knowing whats going to happen but that the experts say its whats going to happen and looking around at all the information out there it seems pretty clear to me that its going to be a disaster for the UK. Today we hear that our driving licences may not be valid in the EU and we are having to sign up the the 1968 Vienna convention to try and avoid that but it could still spell big problems for hauliers and guess what the 65 none EU country trade deals that we were under the impression the UK could carry on with are under threat as well.Just what will it take to convince you and the others that we are going to end up down the creek without a paddle? Or is it really down to just not being able to accept you made a mistake and the Brexit Victory must be upheld no matter what? Could be very costly emotions.

My son is an independent IT consultant so is not 'based' anywhere.  Being well qualified he can work anywhere 'remotely' in that as a contractor he can, and does work mostly from home.

Irrespective of the % of error Carney 'got it wrong' again and has, to his credit at least got the cahunas to admit his predictions have been far too gloomy, something the remain side appears incapable of recognising.

You keep on saying 'experts' and slavishly accepting those doom merchants predictions yet when one of the foremost 'experts' (Carney surely is one as he is the boss of the BoE) admits he's got it wrong 'again' you dismiss his comments in favour of the continued down down merchants.  Selective acceptance there surely?

As for driving licences being invalid in Europe.  Surely if that is the case the reverse will apply and EU licences will not be valid here?

My honest reaction to reading that comment was/is.....http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/laughter.gif

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-02-09 11:17 AM

pelmetman - 2018-02-09 9:18 AM

They wont be unless we sign up to the Vienna convention but it spells further problems for hauliers on top of the issues that leaving the Customs Union will cause them. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/08/no-deal-brexit-would-trigger-wave-of-red-tape-for-uk-drivers-and-hauliers

There is just more and more complications arising every day now we are getting down to the actual nitty gritty of leaving the EU where soundbites and rousing anti EU speeches are no longer enough.

Well look on the bright side it'll mean they won't be able to drive here either B-) .........

That's Uber stuffed (lol) ..........

nowtelse2do - 2018-02-10 10:36 PM

I'd say that 95% of those trucks are from the EU (t'other side of Channel)

Dave

Ask yourself why that is.

The UK Government hit on the wheeze of reducing income tax for its pals, and replacing it with stealth taxes like tax on lorries - the highest in Europe - because their voters think taxing lorries doesn't affect them *-)

Fleets that have to be based here (liker supermarkets) put the lorry tax on the price of their goods. Wheras those who can be based across the channel do so, and British International Haulage was taxed to death like British Merchant Shipping.

Yet again, its the UK Government killing our industry, not the EU.

So you ain't going to solve the problem by giving all the power to the UK Government.

The UK Government is the problem, not the solution.

John52 - 2018-02-11 12:57 PM

Dave

The UK Government hit on the wheeze of reducing income tax for its pals, and replacing it with stealth taxes like tax on lorries - the highest in Europe - because their voters think taxing lorries doesn't affect them *-)

Fleets that have to be based here (liker supermarkets) put the lorry tax on the price of their goods. Wheras those who can be based across the channel do so, and British International Haulage was taxed to death like British Merchant Shipping.

So you ain't going to solve the problem by giving all the power to the UK Government.

I use to pay nearly £1,500 each to tax two of my trucks before 2000, my smaller trucks were in the region of £900, so the tax on trucks as come down by a large amount. I've no idea what it is now because i'm retired. What I can say, is that the huge rise in foreign trucks on our roads is because most of the trucks coming over (and still are) were equipped with huge fuel tanks so that they didn't need to fuel up over here, also they were using Eastern European drivers on pitance wages (and still are) then undercutting the rates for loads back to Europe (and still are). Our transport companies didn't stand a cat in hell's chance of competing with them. So not the UK Governments fault.

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2018-02-12 7:41 PM

Dave

I use to pay nearly £1,500 each to tax two of my trucks before 2000, my smaller trucks were in the region of £900, so the tax on trucks as come down by a large amount. I've no idea what it is now because i'm retired. What I can say, is that the huge rise in foreign trucks on our roads is because most of the trucks coming over (and still are) were equipped with huge fuel tanks so that they didn't need to fuel up over here, also they were using Eastern European drivers on pitance wages (and still are) then undercutting the rates for loads back to Europe (and still are). Our transport companies didn't stand a cat in hell's chance of competing with them. So not the UK Governments fault.

Dave

Same here regarding the current differences in road tax. But as you say the tax on diesel is a lot more because of Government policy of reducing income tax for the better off, (Duke of Westminster inherits £10 billion tax free) and replacing it with stealth taxes that hit the poor the hardest. If thats 'not the UK Governments fault.' whose fault is it *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-02-13 10:14 AM

nowtelse2do - 2018-02-12 7:41 PM

Dave

Dave

Same here regarding the current differences in road tax. But as you say the tax on diesel is a lot more because of Government policy of reducing income tax for the better off, (Duke of Westminster inherits £10 billion tax free) and replacing it with stealth taxes that hit the poor the hardest. If thats 'not the UK Governments fault.' whose fault is it *-)

Here he goes AGAIN *-) ........and folk think I'm boring and repetitive 8-) .........

Have you just been to a Momentum conference or something? John ;-) .........

Archived