I take it quite persnally.

Archiesgrandad

We drove back from the UK yesterday, in the car, and as normal we came down the west side via Rouen. We had a reasonable trip, but there was was a lot of snow between Orleon and Cahor so we needed to be a bit careful, but we had no problems and got home safely. Somewhere near Limoge we passed one lonely snow plough clearing the southbound carriageway, but we managed OK. What really annoyed me was that we counted at least 20 snowploughs clearing the northbound carriageway, which was of no help to us, but just one lonely chap on our side. I take it very personally, but am intrigued that they somehow knew I was travelling south.

AGD

Mad Hatter is agreeing with you so must be something wrong.

Obviously you are likely to see more of the vehicles coming in the opposite direction because they are coming at you instead of going along with you at similar speed.

If you were coming home you would have been travelling north same as the 20 snowploughs anyway?

I understand what you mean John, but over a distance of over 400 kilometers, I was travelling quite a lot quicker than a working snow clearer but passed only the one, and there was no indication that they had preceeded me, In any case, you know what it's like driving for hour after hour in difficult conditions in the dark with CG asleep next to me and the little lady in the satnav silent having told me to drive for 300 and odd kilometers to the next turn off, it would have been nice to know that there was someone awake and on my side. ( literally and metaphorically). Made worse because that far south I can't even get Radio 4 even on long wave.

In any case I'm a bit paraniod and I find it easy to think that they are out to get mr.

AGD

Archived