Portsmouth parking

bristol170kj

30 minutes ago, Keithl said:

Just checked our 2004 registered AT plated as a PHGV at 3,800 kg and get the following...

image.png.80080e04fe7708841025346f987dc09c.png

so not all MH's are exempt!

Yes I found another link where a petition objecting to it was put forward pointing out the obvious, island trade, but government rejected it.

Way to kill off a large chunk of tourist trade!

https://onthewight.com/petition-for-exit-from-portsmouth-ferry-terminal-to-avoid-clean-air-zone-rejected/#:~:text=The Portsmouth Clean Air Zone was introduced in November 2021,from the clean air zone.

I went Wightlink from Portsmouth in September 2021, just a few weeks before the Clean Air zone started. I had phoned the council to check the start date and knew I was OK. I spoke to Wightlink staff who were up in arms about the zone. The Gunwharf terminal is only a matter of a few hundred yards inside the Zone! We returned via Lymington.

You can of course get to IOW via Wightlink Lymington to Yarmouth, or Southampton to Cowes on Red Funnel line.

What's the odds that the council at Portsmouth have a "Red Funnel" man on their books? Or is that just plain cynical? Tee hee!

Archived