Immigration: who should we let in?

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-03-14 2:53 PM

It's not a studio audience....just Nick Robinson talking to random citizens on the streets of Nottingham.

You may even learn something.

Which will be carefully edited by the BBC to make Brexiteers look Good? (?) ;-) .........

Nah of course not......So all I'll learn "again" is how biased the BBC is >:-) .........

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the suggestions on Twitter prior to the program were that it would be biased towards Brexit.

You dont want to watch it Dave as you like millions of others have stuck your fingers in your ears and are going La La La La all the way to the beach in your case.

The BBC cant really bias what actual Brexiteers say in the street can they?

Its no good ignoring it and hoping it will all happen in the way Nigel and Boris promised as it just wont. I just wish the Brexiteers would wake up and discuss it all as its about as fooked as it could ever be already and this lost in charge are just going to make it worse.

Barryd999 - 2018-03-14 4:45 PM

Actually the suggestions on Twitter prior to the program were that it would be biased towards Brexit.

You dont want to watch it Dave as you like millions of others have stuck your fingers in your ears and are going La La La La all the way to the beach in your case.

Its no good ignoring it and hoping it will all happen in the way Nigel and Boris promised as it just wont. I just wish the Brexiteers would wake up and discuss it all as its about as fooked as it could ever be already and this lost in charge are just going to make it worse.

I don't watch the Beeb since they pulled Top of the Pops so can't comment specifically on that programme but how many did they ask till they got the views they wanted Fats ... Talking Lala land you remind me a lot of Dipsy ... Bulletgay , your Daddy is the other one Tinky Wanky or sumat

It's a bit beyond Pelmet.......silly slogans on a red bus is about his limit.

Guest pelmetman

What's to discuss?........The latest repackaged Remoaner diatribe? *-) .......

"The BBC cant really bias what actual Brexiteers say in the street can they?"

No..... but they can edit out all the positive sensible answers ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-03-15 9:00 AM

Assuming there were any.

Why not watch it and then decide?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-15 10:51 AM

Assuming there were any.

Why not watch it and then decide?

I'll think about it ;-) .........Hmmm :-S .........

Watch a BBC propaganda fest or get p*ssed?........Now there's a conundrum :-S ......

One will make me chilled........and the other will get on my Manboobs 8-) .........

How can you possibly ever know as long as you continue sticking your head in the sand? I'm trying very hard to convince myself you are not reflective of typical Brexiters and had hoped you might have shown you aren't......but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

For you Brexit is still that sugar coated world of candy where the only 'sensible' answers are pro-Brexit and anything deviating from that, no matter how factual, is anathema to you. When you refuse to open your mind up then you cannot engage in any meaningful debate on the issue.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-03-15 3:35 PM

How can you possibly ever know as long as you continue sticking your head in the sand? I'm trying very hard to convince myself you are not reflective of typical Brexiters and had hoped you might have shown you aren't......but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

For you Brexit is still that sugar coated world of candy where the only 'sensible' answers are pro-Brexit and anything deviating from that, no matter how factual, is anathema to you. When you refuse to open your mind up then you cannot engage in any meaningful debate on the issue.

The Kraken Pot Wakes *-) ..........

Bulletguy - 2018-03-15 3:35 PM

"When you refuse to open your mind up then you cannot engage in any meaningful debate" ... From the man who throws more insults and names around on here than the rest of us put together ... Stunning !

Hi all,

The whole Brexit issue is not about who voted this way or that or personal egos believing they voted the right way, only time will tell which decision was the correct one. Things are coming out and being published now that were not in the public arena at the time we all had to decide. It must be alarming when we hear already that Companies are moving out or reducing their dependency on being in the UK. We have not heard of any planned expansions going to take place if we get a decent deal. The news that affects the people lately has been very depressing, large closures costing lots of jobs,severe profit warnings etc. At least under the EU areas of the country were financed for some very large projects and rejuvenation, Lord knows what will happen after Brexit as this govt. seems to focus the lions share of everything in Londons direction, maybe when we are devolved it will be a matter of the local regions to fund,won't work in depressed areas.

I also believe all massive projects like the high speed trains should be held back until the need is fully warranted as there is a lot of money at stake here, and if after Brexit which isn't far away we still feel a need AND expansion IS taking place, then we should continue. Meanwhile,nobody actually knows how things will pan out so we should just stop name calling and together hope that which ever way we voted individually that the result is the best result for our children and their children.

cheers

derek

Guest pelmetman
derek pringle - 2018-03-17 9:09 AM

Meanwhile,nobody actually knows how things will pan out

Funny thing is the Remoaners seem to think they do :D ........despite all the recent evidence that none of their scaremongering predictions happened........So now they're changing the goalposts to "We haven't left yet *-) .........

No doubt once we've left it'll be..... "Give it 5/10/15/20 years then you'll be sorry" >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-03-17 10:00 AM

derek pringle - 2018-03-17 9:09 AM

Meanwhile,nobody actually knows how things will pan out

Funny thing is the Remoaners seem to think they do :D ........despite all the recent evidence that none of their scaremongering predictions happened........So now they're changing the goalposts to "We haven't left yet *-) .........

No doubt once we've left it'll be..... "Give it 5/10/15/20 years then you'll be sorry" >:-) ...........

So Brexit isnt aready costing us ironically nearly £350 million a week, Inflation is up because of Brexit, the Pound crashed and most of that happened before we invoked Article 50. Companies, Services etc considering relocating or being forced to relocate to the EU Mainland. None of this is exactly positive news. In fact, has there been any positive Brexit news, ever? And your right, we havent left yet and wont be properly until 2021 at the earliest.

Its that important to you Dave you and many others have lost all perspective of what its actually doing and going to do to our country. Its all about winning. Im beginning to think some of you would be perfectly happy to end up sat in a dusty broken down relic of a once great nation with devastation all around you as long as you get to the Brexit finishing line. It really is Brexit at any cost for some. Its just bizarre. I cannot get my head around it, sorry.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-17 10:17 AM

So Brexit isnt aready costing us ironically nearly £350 million a week, Inflation is up because of Brexit, the Pound crashed and most of that happened before we invoked Article 50. .

UK inflation is currently 3% the BOE target is 2.5% ;-) ........

Why were you not whinging when our inflation rate was at nearer 6% in 2008 or 2012? :-S ........

BTW the pound euro is trading at the same levels it saw in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 :D ......

But we know why you weren't whinging back then don't we >:-) .........Because we hadn't voted for Brexit (lol) ......

Besides 3% inflation is good news for pensioners, coz that's how much they're pensions went up by B-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-03-17 11:16 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-17 10:17 AM

So Brexit isnt aready costing us ironically nearly £350 million a week, Inflation is up because of Brexit, the Pound crashed and most of that happened before we invoked Article 50. .

UK inflation is currently 3% the BOE target is 2.5% ;-) ........

Why were you not whinging when our inflation rate was at nearer 6% in 2008 or 2012? :-S ........

BTW the pound euro is trading at the same levels it saw in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 :D ......

But we know why you weren't whinging back then don't we >:-) .........Because we hadn't voted for Brexit (lol) ......

Besides 3% inflation is good news for pensioners, coz that's how much they're pensions went up by B-) .......

And the pound against the dollar? Didnt it take the biggest hit in decades after the referendum or did I imagine all that?

I find it funny that the only arguments Brexiteers now have is just the level of how crap we have done since the referendum not how good its all going to be anymore and all this in the run up, before we leave.

I notice stuff like us saving all that money (1% of annual spend) that we sent to the EU seems to have gone quiet when we are already loosing more than that because of Brexit. No more talk about wonderful trade deals, no more talk about getting shot of immigrants because that is not on the Brexit leaders agenda and never was. All the talk seems to be about just how damaging it will be. Where is all the bluster about the good bits? Gone, cos there arent any.

Name one! Just one! Just one benefit that you now see happening after Brexit and dont say taking back control of our borders as apparently we wont be having any! (lol)

Who should we let in? NONE. Lets get our act together first. Jobs for all born here, a place to live in first

Then maybe a few, BUT they must speak english before coming! and have a job to go to.

One teacher in BRENT (Wembley area, for those that don't know) has to speak 19 languages to her pupils. She has been awarded nearly a one million pounds , to be paid over a 4/5 year period.

BRENT is supposed to be a very poor area?? With some house costing over a million, in parts of it? I don't think so.

PJay

PJay - 2018-03-19 5:09 PM

Who should we let in? NONE.

Hhmm.......nurses, doctors, surgeons,, just to name a few. Still sure about the above Malc?

Lets get our act together first. Jobs for all born here, a place to live in first.

Many 'born here' don't want to go to work though. Immigrants will. As for 'a place to live in' we used to have council houses (social housing) but Thatcher sold 'em off.

Then maybe a few, BUT they must speak english before coming! and have a job to go to.

Many can......fluently. Most also have work because they pick up what Brits won't do.

One teacher in BRENT (Wembley area, for those that don't know) has to speak 19 languages to her pupils. She has been awarded nearly a one million pounds , to be paid over a 4/5 year period.

BRENT is supposed to be a very poor area?? With some house costing over a million, in parts of it? I don't think so.

And well deserved too. She's an example to all that hard work pays off. The money isn't a wage though....it's an international award from the Varkey Foundation. It hasn't come from the UK taxpayer so i've no idea what you are so annoyed about.

Well done Andria Zafirakou. :-D

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/north-london-teacher-andria-zafirakou-becomes-first-uk-winner-of-1m-international-teaching-prize-a3792891.html

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-17 11:35 AM

And the pound against the dollar? Didnt it take the biggest hit in decades after the referendum or did I imagine all that?

)

Euro against the dollar dropped to >:-) .........

Or did you imagine it didn't? :D .........

Guest pelmetman

I find it funny that the only arguments Brexiteers now have is just the level of how crap we have done since the referendum not how good its all going to be anymore and all this in the run up, before we leave.

Crap huh? *-) .........

Lowest jobless rate since 1975........Exports are booming.......House prices are going up (Except London :D )........Interests rates have started going up B-) .........Pensioners got a 3% pay rise >:-) ........

I like this kinda crap (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2018-03-20 8:44 AM

Crap huh? *-) .........

Lowest jobless rate since 1975........Exports are booming.......House prices are going up (Except London :D )........Interests rates have started going up B-) .........Pensioners got a 3% pay rise >:-) ........

World economy is doing better than expected so as a consequence so are we but its still not where it should be. You make it sound like interest rates and house prices going up is a good thing Dave. Oh I forgot, your part of the Brexit Im alright Jack set that can afford Brexit. Probably doesnt matter to you that the cost of living is soaring, people cannot afford to get on the property ladder or if they do their mortgage rates are set to rise.

Most of the Arm Chair Brexiteers on here I guess can endure a bit of hardship I guess. They wont be bothered by people loosing their jobs or being worse off after we leave. As long as they get Brexit, dont matter to them does it?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-20 9:41 AM

Crap huh? *-) .........

World economy is doing better than expected so as a consequence so are we but its still not where it should be. You make it sound like interest rates and house prices going up is a good thing Dave. Oh I forgot, your part of the Brexit Im alright Jack set that can afford Brexit. Probably doesnt matter to you that the cost of living is soaring, people cannot afford to get on the property ladder or if they do their mortgage rates are set to rise.

Most of the Arm Chair Brexiteers on here I guess can endure a bit of hardship I guess. They wont be bothered by people loosing their jobs or being worse off after we leave. As long as they get Brexit, dont matter to them does it?

Imagine the Snowflake generation paying 15% interest rates on their mortgage like we did? (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

I'm alright Jack because of my own efforts, maybe that's something for the younger generation to think about?........Instead of blaming everyone else, maybe they should try going without and working hard for a few years :-| ............

Just suggesting >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-03-20 10:10 AM

Crap huh? *-) .........

Imagine the Snowflake generation paying 15% interest rates on their mortgage like we did? (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

I'm alright Jack because of my own efforts, maybe that's something for the younger generation to think about?........Instead of blaming everyone else, maybe they should try going without and working hard for a few years :-| ............

Barry promotes social justice these days ... Gone are the days when he'd work in every town and city in the land earning sh8tloads of money with his greed is good attitude not giving a damn about the little fella ... He's now seen the light or maybe the 2008 crash light saw to him

antony1969 - 2018-03-20 10:58 AM

Crap huh? *-) .........

Barry promotes social justice these days ... Gone are the days when he'd work in every town and city in the land earning sh8tloads of money with his greed is good attitude not giving a damn about the little fella ... He's now seen the light or maybe the 2008 crash light saw to him

That comment assumes I didnt give a damn about the little fella when I was working full time and empire building. Not so. I once gave a tramp an entire Pizza from Pizza Hut in Edinburgh. (lol)

Back on topic, here is an interesting video posted by a Brexiteer on FACTS just now. One of Germanys key economists on Brexit, free trade and EU Reform.

http://www.dw.com/en/brexit-could-cost-germany-dearly/av-42963888

Worth listening to. If this is how the Germans think and if they are as powerful as Brexiteers tell us within the EU then surely the EU will roll over and reform. Then there would have to be a second referendum. Ill not hold my breath on that one but lets say they did offer EU Wide reform with changes to Free movement for example along the lines of what Cameron proposed how would you then vote in a second referendum?

Barryd999 - 2018-03-20 11:20 AM

antony1969 - 2018-03-20 10:58 AM

Crap huh? *-) .........

That comment assumes I didnt give a damn about the little fella when I was working full time and empire building. Not so. I once gave a tramp an entire Pizza from Pizza Hut in Edinburgh. (lol)

Back on topic, here is an interesting video posted by a Brexiteer on FACTS just now. One of Germanys key economists on Brexit, free trade and EU Reform.

http://www.dw.com/en/brexit-could-cost-germany-dearly/av-42963888

Worth listening to. If this is how the Germans think and if they are as powerful as Brexiteers tell us within the EU then surely the EU will roll over and reform. Then there would have to be a second referendum. Ill not hold my breath on that one but lets say they did offer EU Wide reform with changes to Free movement for example along the lines of what Cameron proposed how would you then vote in a second referendum?

Utter rubbish ... No way would you willingly give up a full pizza ... You must have tripped and dropped it or sumat ... By the way we don't say "tramp" anymore ... It's now financially challenged individual

Archived