Cambridge Analytica and Facebook

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman

I'm very disappointed :'( .......

Just logged onto my FB site that I don't use to discover my details haven't been harvested 8-) .........

I guess that mean's I voted for Brexit without being brainwashed by a third party :D .......

So my Brexit credentials are pure B-) ........

Mind you seeing as CA only harvested a million UK subscribers.......and assuming they were all turned by those tweets and stuff or what ever they used? :-S ......still means Remoaners LOST >:-) ..........

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2018-04-11 6:40 AM

Funny that with all that unfair , biased left leaning liberal rubbish spewed by the Beeb and Facebook the right are still marching on and winning

Just shows how much right wing bile CA still managed to data scrape from it.......but then you wouldn't see that as "unfair" would you? ;-)

Meantime back on the home front;

The firm – AggregateIQ – didn’t appear inconsequential. In the words of Vote Leave’s campaign manager, Dominic Cummings, it played a crucial role in the Brexit campaign. For more than a year, a quote from Cummings – “we couldn’t have done it without them” – was emblazoned across AIQ’s website. Words that disappeared from the website a week ago, removed after we submitted our questions to the firm.

Because Vote Leave was the official campaign. It was of a different order of importance to Farage’s Leave.EU. Vote Leave had been recognised by the Electoral Commission. It had been entrusted with taxpayers’ money. It was headed by Boris Johnson and Michael Gove – now both ministers in Theresa May’s government. And who are now seeing the scandal currently engulfing Cambridge Analytica arriving at their doorstep.

Last week we published the account of another whistleblower, Shahmir Sanni, and how he believed that Vote Leave senior officials took advantage of him and his friend, Darren Grimes, to ramp up their own spending. Vote Leave gave their campaign, BeLeave, £625,000 – but in November the Electoral Commission opened an investigation into it. The donation was legal only if BeLeave really was an independent organisation, operating separately. And Sanni had startling new evidence: he said it wasn’t. Sanni – the treasurer – wasn’t even allowed to get his train tickets refunded. Instead, the money was paid directly to AggregateIQ – the company that a year earlier I had found listed on Cambridge Analytica’s website as SCL Canada.

It was Cummings’s name – along with de Zoete’s – that was deleted from 140 files on a Google shared drive two weeks after the Electoral Commission opened an investigation last March. A drive that was set up by Vote Leave to share content with BeLeave and AIQ.

But it is Gove, the co-convener of the campaign, along with Stuart, its chair, and Johnson, its figurehead, who need now to answer questions. It’s the proximity of Vote Leave’s activities to the heart of government that is the most troubling aspect of this. Gove and Johnson are Theresa May’s ministers. Two other Vote Leave directors implicated, Stephen Parkinson and Cleo Watson, are advisers to May.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/31/aggregateiq-canadian-tech-brexit-data-riddle-cambridge-analytica?CMP=share_btn_tw

When will you wake up to the fact you've been persuaded to cast a vote based on untruths, lies, and disinformation under a supposedly democratic system which has been seriously compromised through meddling and highly questionable if not illegal activities?

Even had the result gone Remain and the same wrongdoings surfaced, i would not be comfortable with that on my conscience.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-04-11 4:00 PM

Even had the result gone Remain and the same wrongdoings surfaced, i would not be comfortable with that on my conscience.

I doubt your left wing brain cell could accommodate a conscience (lol) ........

Putins & Corbyn's obviously doesn't 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-04-11 3:46 PM

Just logged onto my FB site that I don't use to discover my details haven't been harvested 8-) .........

I guess that mean's I voted for Brexit without being brainwashed by a third party :D .......

Mind you seeing as CA only harvested a million UK subscribers.......and assuming they were all turned by those tweets and stuff or what ever they used? :-S ......still means Remoaners LOST >:-) ..........

Not quite Dave. Decades of being spoon fed anti EU tripe from the Daily Heil probably counts as being brainwashed by a third party.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-04-11 5:31 PM

Not quite Dave. Decades of being spoon fed anti EU tripe from the Daily Heil probably counts as being brainwashed by a third party.

So being spoon fed for decades from the Guardian is better? ;-) ........

How very chattering classes darling (lol) ........

Are you quite sure of your gender agenda dear? :D ........

Just queering your post :-> ........

pelmetman - 2018-04-11 6:00 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-04-11 5:31 PM

So being spoon fed for decades from the Guardian is better? ;-) ........

How very chattering classes darling (lol) ........

Are you quite sure of your gender agenda dear? :D ........

Just queering your post :-> ........

Oooh! That rich coming from "Camp David" (lol)

I dont read the Guardian. I take my news from various news feeds from a massive diverse set of resources. I have a live news feed pouring away all day into a browser tab so i can compare stories and information and get to the truth. I think its clear where you and the rest of the Loony Right get your quotes and info from Campy.

• 6 months later...

Information Commissioner finds Cambridge Analytica had ‘disturbing disregard for personal privacy’

Elizabeth Denham is well on the case still working through more than 52 billion pages of data seized from Cambridge Analytica.

52 billion. 8-)

The professional and respectable manner in which Ms Denham presented her findings to the committee was certainly one of stark contrast to the appearance of that pair of cocky arrogant twits too.

https://www.channel4.com/news/information-commissioner-finds-cambridge-analytica-had-disturbing-disregard-for-personal-privacy

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-06 11:22 PM

Information Commissioner finds Cambridge Analytica had ‘disturbing disregard for personal privacy’

Elizabeth Denham is well on the case still working through more than 52 billion pages of data seized from Cambridge Analytica.

52 billion. 8-)

The professional and respectable manner in which Ms Denham presented her findings to the committee was certainly one of stark contrast to the appearance of that pair of cocky arrogant twits too.

https://www.channel4.com/news/information-commissioner-finds-cambridge-analytica-had-disturbing-disregard-for-personal-privacy

Yeah......like Remoaners wouldn't do anything like that? >:-) ............

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6359419/Lib-Dems-accused-selling-data-members-100-000-anti-Brexit-campaign.html

pelmetman - 2018-11-07 7:45 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-06 11:22 PM

52 billion. 8-)

Yeah......like Remoaners wouldn't do anything like that? >:-) ............

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6359419/Lib-Dems-accused-selling-data-members-100-000-anti-Brexit-campaign.html

You haven't listened to what Ms Denham said have you? *-)

Archived