arm rests

johnarnold

Maybe it is two hex bolts - I can't remember for sure - sorry - but they are very easy to remove and refit as the nuts are captive!

Don't know about recovering but I suspect a good upholsterer would have no difficulty in finding a solution if he could match the material?

We always found them a real pain as they were not only uncomfortable in use but they made the van access narrow so I always took 'em off and never used 'em - just put 'em back on when we sold the van!

ColinM50 - 2018-03-19 6:22 PM

Mickt - 2018-03-19 5:56 PM

Take them apart and pull a sock over, not a well worn one, tuck all the bits in and replace.

You will be surprised how good they look.

Left or Right socks :-)

Undarned ones with only one hole.

I'm with Tracker here. Without fail we take the armrests off and cover the area left with some polished hardwood caps cut to the same dimensions as the original fixing plates that I first made many moons ago. More advantages than leaving the armrests on or having them covered in my book. Should we talk about removing tables next?

Ron

I don't often disagree with Rich but on this point ie armrests I must. Sorry, IMHO I think they are excellent for long driving stints to keep both hands on the wheel. I find the arm support to be excellent and very comfortable. Both our daily drivers do not provide the same arm support while allowing both hands on. The wheel. As Rich says no right or wrong just different. Cheers,

On the three motorhomes I’ve owned I’ve removed the cab-seat arm rests.

I’ve never found a need for them and (when lowered) they tend to obstruct operation of the hand-brake during driving and (when raised or lowered) when the motorhome is parked make rotating the cab-seats and moving between the cab and habitation-area more difficult. (And just in case it’s thought that my comment about difficulty moving between the cab and habitation-area may relate to my physique, I’m built like a racing greyhound.)

Geeco - 2018-03-20 1:04 AM

I don't often disagree with Rich but on this point ie armrests I must. Sorry, IMHO I think they are excellent for long driving stints to keep both hands on the wheel. I find the arm support to be excellent and very comfortable. Both our daily drivers do not provide the same arm support while allowing both hands on. The wheel. As Rich says no right or wrong just different. Cheers,

Must be the Australian physique Gary - up here we have shoulders to support our arms - but as we both say - just different!!

PS Shoulders also help keep our coat on when it rains but I guess you don't have that problem?

PPS Getting all pompous, I was taught when driving never to have any obstructions that might impede rapid arm movement for quick evasive action should it be needed when least expected - probably better than hitting a kangaroo?

Slightly off topic .

I made a covers for the HEAD Rests and just slip them over. Easy to wash!

Maybe you could make covers for the arm rests, just cut a paper pattern, Then make larger than arm rest. make a hem and thread elastic through, (A bit like ironing board covers fit?)

Get a heavy (curtaining) material to go with your colour scheme . I actually bought a couple of cushion covers and cut them

PJay

PS our arm rests are black plastic type

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to source an arm rest to fit on the passenger seat right arm side of a Peugeot Boxer, if anyone who has removed theirs wants to sell it I am willing to buy it for a reasonably fair price !

Regards

Phil

Derek Uzzell - 2018-03-20 9:52 AM

On the three motorhomes I’ve owned I’ve removed the cab-seat arm rests.

I’ve never found a need for them and (when lowered) they tend to obstruct operation of the hand-brake during driving and (when raised or lowered) when the motorhome is parked make rotating the cab-seats and moving between the cab and habitation-area more difficult. (And just in case it’s thought that my comment about difficulty moving between the cab and habitation-area may relate to my physique, I’m built like a racing greyhound.)

Absolutely agree with Derek on this as to operation and interference obstruction with the handbrake.

I`m only 5`6" and need to have the Captain`s seat set to its lowest possible position so as to reach the controls. Even with the seat set at this lowest level, i still had great difficulty in comfortably reaching the handbrake. My cure for this problem was to remove the drivers right armrest and to purchase the (Kobran handbrake extender) there are others if preferred. Sorted me OK ;-)

myshell - 2018-04-01 10:51 PM

I have been trying to source an arm rest to fit on the passenger seat right arm side of a Peugeot Boxer, if anyone who has removed theirs wants to sell it I am willing to buy it for a reasonably fair price !

Phil

I have aright hand black rest with a dark grey pvc pad its yours if you want it.

Paul

Archived