Maplins online - BEWARE

Randonneur

Just to let everyone know that if you buy online from Maplins there is no Customer Service available and it is very difficult to get your money back. Last week we ordered online a Security/Nightlight, paid for it and arranged click and collect from Stockport store as it was the last one in stock, when Martin went to pick it up they had no knowledge of it and wouldn't do the refund from the store and told him that he would have to ring Customer Services, this number is now not manned, so several phone calls to the store resulted in getting the Manager, who hadn't been told that Customer Services was now closed, arranging for his Head Office to have the refund authorised. The amount was less than £12 but it was the principle of the thing, so BEWARE if you are buying anything online from them. I would buy direct instore to make sure the item works and that it is in stock.

As I understand it Maplins are on the point of going bust so I wouldn't buy anything online or to order and unless I saw what I wanted in store and paid for it and took it away I would not shop there.

I don't know how their guarantee works but that too might be doubtful?

Sylvia,

As you ordered online you would have had to pay with a either Debit or Credit card or possibly PayPal, correct? If so then get in touch with the card provider immediately and file a complaint for none receipt of goods. They may possibly confirm if Maplin's have issued a refund or if not start a claim back procedure for you.

I would not wait to find out if Maplin's have issued a refund but contact the card provider immediately.

Keith.

Keithl - 2018-03-30 5:55 PM

Sylvia,

As you ordered online you would have had to pay with a either Debit or Credit card or possibly PayPal, correct? If so then get in touch with the card provider immediately and file a complaint for none receipt of goods. They may possibly confirm if Maplin's have issued a refund or if not start a claim back procedure for you.

I would not wait to find out if Maplin's have issued a refund but contact the card provider immediately.

Keith.

As I said previously it was only less than £12 and because it was in stock at the store didn't have any hesitation in ordering and paying for it, the problem arose when Martin went to pick it up and they couldn't find it in their stockroom. If it had been a larger item I would definitely not ordered it online. What I didn't understand was that the Stockport Staff didn't even know that the Customer Services were unavailable, no one had let them know, they were still advertising for more Staff in the store. After numerous phone calls to the Manager of the store he did arrange a refund, but what I wanted to warn others was because they are still offering online purchases, you would think that this would have stopped.

Archived