Oh Dear

antony1969

Brian Kirby - 2018-05-08 7:38 AM

pelmetman - 2018-05-07 6:28 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-05-07 2:06 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-07 1:18 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-07 1:11 PM

Well we will all get to pay the EU but what for? Single Market, Customs Union? Free Trade deal? EEA? The Swivel chair to take home at weekends and Junkers wifes recipe for ratatouille?

This is what we need to know isnt it? You cant tell me you will be seriously happy if we end up accepting all that and leaving in name only. Its possible which is why it would be better if the deal was returned to the public because we voted (So the Brexiteers tell us) on a simple in out option. The trouble is the end game is just not as simple as in out or at least thats what it seems like. I dont trust any of them Labour or the Tories to not cock it up. All of them are just trying to say whatever is best for them rather than what is best for the country as a whole.

We all have to make compromises Barry ;-) ..........

Us Brexiteers get to leave........You Remoaners get to pay B-) .......

Now this has to be a wind-up! If the scenario Barry has sketched is what happens: a) we won't have left the EU, and b) everyone, leavers and remainers alike, will all have to pay. It might be made to work, a la Norway, but it would be far worse that remaining full members. What would we, actually, have gained, and at what cost compared to the present cost? (Question 1)

And yet, you, the chap who endlessly complained at the cost of membership (when we had a say on everything that happened) would be "happy" with an outcome when the cost was dictated along with all the compliance terms for continuing involvement in the single market, free trade area, EEA, etc, and we got no say. What on earth could be the advantage to anyone of that? (Question 2)

If that is what Brexit really means, you Brexiters could have saved us all a huge amount of wasted time and effort by just saying so before the referendum, when we could all have had a good laugh and got on with life.

1 As I said we all have to compromise ;-) ......

2 So what are you moaning about? :-S ....

3 Don't you like democracy Brian? 8-) ..........

1 Glad you've at last realised that, Dave. :-)

2 People who, when asked a direct question answer with a (irrelevant) question, when what they mean is "I don't know"!

3 I'm with Aristotle and Churchill on democracy. The former said it raised opinion above knowledge, the latter that it was a bad system, but remained better than all other systems. Besides, my arguments are just democracy working, so how could I dislike it?

So, back to my two questions above (I've set them in bold, and numbered them, to help). As I've answered your, what are your answers to mine?

Judging from his post made at 12:24pm today his "answers" to your two questions fall under item 2) of your post! Along with a smattering of the usual emoticons and dots for good measure. *-)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2018-05-08 12:24 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-05-08 7:38 AM

1 Glad you've at last realised that, Dave. :-)

2 People who, when asked a direct question answer with a (irrelevant) question, when what they mean is "I don't know"!

3 I'm with Aristotle and Churchill on democracy. The former said it raised opinion above knowledge, the latter that it was a bad system, but remained better than all other systems. Besides, my arguments are just democracy working, so how could I dislike it?

So, back to my two questions above (I've set them in bold, and numbered them, to help). As I've answered your, what are your answers to mine?

1.Yep I'm quite happy to compromise so long as we leave the EU........How much we have to keep paying will be down to you Remoaners ;-) .........Not that'll effect me I'm retired :D ........

2. Yet I do know we will not get as good as deal as we would of done, had you Remoaners not spent so much time stabbing the UK in the back *-) ........

3. Your superiority complex is showing again Brian ;-) .......As you're clearly one of those folk who only like democratic decisions that go your way >:-) ........

1 Just exercising our democratic traditions, Dave. If you Brexiters had thought that through, you'd have allowed for the normal workings of democracy. Glad you think retirement will exempt you from expense. Sad that you're wrong!

2 Ditto.

3 Of course, just like you. That is why the UK isn't a one party state. When one suffers a setback, one sets off to reverse it. Now, what do they call that? Oh yes, democracy! Some of us still struggle with the concept, though, don't we, thinking it means that things will remain the same forever, because they voted for them. Oh dear, indeed!

Now, about my two questions. Any answers?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-05-08 6:06 PM

1 Just exercising our democratic traditions, Dave. If you Brexiters had thought that through, you'd have allowed for the normal workings of democracy. Glad you think retirement will exempt you from expense. Sad that you're wrong!

So every time we had an election in the past that didn't go your way, you immediately started trying to get it overturned? :-| .............

BTW I don't believe Brexit will make a blind bit of difference to my income or lifestyle B-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-05-08 12:56 PM

Which will come first the death of the sun in 10 billion years time or Remoaners stopping whinging

Yeah but in 324 day's their moaning will be drowned out by the celebrations from all the Brexit street parties B-) ........

https://howmanydaystill.com/its/brexit-6

pelmetman - 2018-05-09 9:44 AM

So every time we had an election in the past that didn't go your way, you immediately started trying to get it overturned? :-| .............

BTW I don't believe Brexit will make a blind bit of difference to my income or lifestyle B-) ..........

It already will have. Your exchange rate for your last four month jaunt to Spain would have been 20% higher or thereabouts if we hadnt voted to leave the EU. Ok so its been this low before but its undeniable that the pound crashed the day after we voted to leave. The previous year I was kicking it around southern Europe for five months enjoying 1.41 euros for a quid!!!

Brexit is already costing us ironically nearly £350m a week, of course that cost will trickle down to everyone. It already is in the shops, inflation is undeniably linked to some extent to Brexit. Supermarkets are now conning you with Shrinkflation to pretend your getting the same product for the same money but there is less in it.

All this before we leave. The only way you will avoid a financial hit personally post Brexit is if you live in a hole in a field and grow all your own stuff, dont need power or have to buy anything ever. Even then someone will probably tax the field to make up for the Brexit losses.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-09 12:23 PM

It already will have. Your exchange rate for your last four month jaunt to Spain would have been 20% higher or thereabouts if we hadnt voted to leave the EU. Ok so its been this low before but its undeniable that the pound crashed the day after we voted to leave. The previous year I was kicking it around southern Europe for five months enjoying 1.41 euros for a quid!!!

So it's no different or better than when we went to Spain in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 etc etc.

The 1.41 was nothing more than a blip caused by the spiv's *-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-09 12:23 PM

Brexit is already costing us ironically nearly £350m a week, of course that cost will trickle down to everyone. It already is in the shops, inflation is undeniably linked to some extent to Brexit. Supermarkets are now conning you with Shrinkflation to pretend your getting the same product for the same money but there is less in it.

I wonder why the prices have gone up in France and the rest of the EU ? :-| ..........

Is that due to Brexit to? ;-) ........

BTW UK inflation is currently 2.44% .......Just about bang on target according to the bank of England >:-) ......

http://www.inflation.eu/inflation-rates/great-britain/inflation-great-britain.aspx

1 So every time we had an election in the past that didn't go your way, you immediately started trying to get it overturned? :-| .............

2 BTW I don't believe Brexit will make a blind bit of difference to my income or lifestyle B-) ..........

1 No Dave, because elections come along at more or less regular intervals, when we have a chance to change our minds about who should govern. Democracy, see?

So, when is the next EU referendum set to be held, so we can decide whether we like the way Brexit is turning out? Quite!

So, being of the opinion that Brexit will be a damaging mistake for the UK, and not having seen anything convincing to the contrary, I intend to go on trying to get the decision changed by all/any democratically available means.

Problem with you Brexiters is you behave as though you now own the UK. You don't, it is my country as well, so I have every right to seek to defend it as I see fit.

2 You are at liberty to believe what you like, Dave. People used to believe the earth was flat, and look what happened next! Rationality 1, beliefs 0! :-D

Now, about my questions again. Got an answer yet?

Archived