Latest series of MMM TV is now live!

7/10 which is good going for this type of video. I notice Peter Vaughan explained his role included testing the motorhomes on the road. I must have missed the 'one the road' bit for his Tessoro test - the first test. I liked the graphics showing the various layouts. They made it easier to understand which model would suit.

I thought the Moaner delivery was impressively professional - content will be a personal thing! Looks like Geneve is going to give us original reviews of accessories. Hope she's got health insurance.

The only real bugbear for me was the constant use of "err" or "erm" - Moaner excluded. It's unprofessional, ruins the delivery and implies the topic is boring. I had it hammered into me that such 'space fillers' are an absolute 'no-no' in presentations.

Enjoyed it but try not to have weird camera angles when showing insid3 the MH. Was tricky working out the toilet/shower layout. Loved th3 graphics explaining the different layouts.

Also enjoyed seeing old MHs being looked and 2as totally amazed by the ex teachers travelling th3 world in the MH.

When I watched it the sound dubbing was out by several seconds in places, to the extent that they had finished what they were saying before their lips started moving. The solar panel demonstration skipped (with a visible jump) from finishing work on the roof to checking the completed installation with a meter, though it was apparent from what the chap was saying that he had done the wiring on camera. I ran that section twice and it was the same both times.

Since nobody else has mentioned it, I'm wondering whether the problem was with my connection rather than the source. Is that possible and, if so, does anyone have any idea how to improve it?

aandy - 2018-05-23 9:54 AM

When I watched it the sound dubbing was out by several seconds in places, to the extent that they had finished what they were saying before their lips started moving. The solar panel demonstration skipped (with a visible jump) from finishing work on the roof to checking the completed installation with a meter, though it was apparent from what the chap was saying that he had done the wiring on camera. I ran that section twice and it was the same both times.

Since nobody else has mentioned it, I'm wondering whether the problem was with my connection rather than the source. Is that possible and, if so, does anyone have any idea how to improve it?

Was the same for me , though no idea why !

Wow ! now there was a demonstration on how not to fit a solar panel, he dragged the panel across the plastic sunroof, used countersunk screws to hold the panel to the feet when he should have used pan heads, and worst of all fitted the panel in the shade of the aerial. *-)

Steve Drew - 2018-05-25 8:12 AM

Wow ! now there was a demonstration on how not to fit a solar panel, he dragged the panel across the plastic sunroof, used countersunk screws to hold the panel to the feet when he should have used pan heads, and worst of all fitted the panel in the shade of the aerial. *-)

I did wonder about the proximity to the aerial. One of the reasons I've not fitted a panel is that the only space for it is right beside the aerial.

I was really looking forward to this as I’m fitting mine in a few weeks but was gutted when he went in to the MH and it was all apparently wired in. I say apparently because we never saw it or the controller.

No mention of whether you should be walking on your MH roof or about covering it before working to protect it.

Spyder - 2018-05-26 4:31 PM

I was really looking forward to this as I’m fitting mine in a few weeks but was gutted when he went in to the MH and it was all apparently wired in. I say apparently because we never saw it or the controller.

No mention of whether you should be walking on your MH roof or about covering it before working to protect it.

The solar panel demo is on YouTube as a stand alone item and includes the wiring. Don't have a link to hand, but it is easily found on the MMM channel.

They couldn't really say much about what load a roof will bear as it will vary from one vehicle to another, and I imagine they assumed that anyone contemplating such a task would be able to decide for themselves whether the roof needed protection.

aandy - 2018-05-26 5:39 PM

Spyder - 2018-05-26 4:31 PM

The solar panel demo is on YouTube as a stand alone item and includes the wiring. Don't have a link to hand, but it is easily found on the MMM channel.

They couldn't really say much about what load a roof will bear as it will vary from one vehicle to another, and I imagine they assumed that anyone contemplating such a task would be able to decide for themselves whether the roof needed protection.

Never assume as it makes an ass out of you and me ????

Archived