Time to get my fiddle out?........

Guest pelmetman

Lordy ... Greece a basket case forever ... Italy getting near ... Spain flirting with being a basket case ... East European countries telling the EU to stick it by the number and of course Brexit Britain ... But we're still better in ... Chuckle

Have the fuzz been around Dave ... Smashed their way into Horace and beat you up ... If they ain't been yet old short trousers is defo on the case after ya pulled his hair in front of the girls yesterday

I would be careful using the word "Basket Case" about other countries at the moment if I were you looking at how our growth has compared to the rest of them. Even the countries you call Basket cases have fared better than we have since the referendum and nobody knows just how bad it will get here if and when we leave the EU.

You make it sound like Europe breaking apart and the collapse of the Euro would be a good thing when actually it would be bad news for everyone right when we dont need anymore bad news but for some reason you both seem to take pleasure in seeing the sh1t potentially hit the fan.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-29 4:36 PM

I would be careful using the word "Basket Case" about other countries at the moment if I were you looking at how our growth has compared to the rest of them. Even the countries you call Basket cases have fared better than we have since the referendum and nobody knows just how bad it will get here if and when we leave the EU.

You make it sound like Europe breaking apart and the collapse of the Euro would be a good thing when actually it would be bad news for everyone right when we dont need anymore bad news but for some reason you both seem to take pleasure in seeing the sh1t potentially hit the fan.

As in sh1t....... I assume you mean certain folks egos? ;-) .........

Coz we do seem to have survived a couple of world wars *-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-05-29 4:52 PM

Saya a lot when the best you can do is look back over 70 years - and forget we were losing until the Yanks and Soviets got involved . :-(

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-05-29 8:37 PM

Saya a lot when the best you can do is look back over 70 years - and forget we were losing until the Yanks and Soviets got involved . :-(

So are you suggesting we let the Germans win? ;-) ..........

Italexit !!! ... Sounds good ... Oh Lordy ... You can imagine the freeloaders in Brussels panicking that the good times are coming to an end ... Like the Nazis at the end of the war they'll be hiding all the goodies and cash ... Oh these are good times

pelmetman - 2018-05-29 8:43 PM

Britain's role in WW2 has been greatly exaggerated.

The Germans routed the combined British and French armies in 6 weeks.

The English channel held them off until Britain got the support of Russia and America.

But above all, why keep looking back 70+ years, instead of looking forward

Is thats because its the best you can do :-(

antony1969 - 2018-05-30 6:20 AM

... You can imagine the freeloaders in Brussels panicking that the good times are coming to an end ..

Can you imagine the Freeloaders in the House of Lords panicking the good times are coming to an end?

There are more of them than in the whole of the EU Parliament for 28 countries

And don't get me started on the Royal Family hangers on...

pelmetman - 2018-05-29 8:16 PM

Oh goody........ Italy could mean we have a welhard Brexit B-) .........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/966661/Brexit-news-Italy-political-crisis-EU-UK-withdrawal-talks-Lega-M5S-latest-video

Knit one purl one >:-) ........

Or it could mean we have no Brexit at all. If the EU hardens its resolve (Although its pretty much said we cant have our cake and eat it so far anyway) the result could be another referendum and us choosing to remain as there is no way we can accept a hard Brexit now so we would be left with no choice but to remain in the EU.

Some interesting polls from Italy here as well https://tinyurl.com/Italian-EU-Polls

From that it says to me that whilst dissatisfied with the EU the Italian people do not see themselves leaving but who knows? We have seen here how easily it is to con the public. They just need a few Farage and Boris type characters promising them the earth maybe but if I were them I would sit tight and see what kind of a fudge we make of it. Assuming we do actually leave of course.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-30 9:14 AM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/966661/Brexit-news-Italy-political-crisis-EU-UK-withdrawal-talks-Lega-M5S-latest-video

Or it could mean we have no Brexit at all. If the EU hardens its resolve (Although its pretty much said we cant have our cake and eat it so far anyway) the result could be another referendum and us choosing to remain as there is no way we can accept a hard Brexit now so we would be left with no choice but to remain in the EU.

Some interesting polls from Italy here as well https://tinyurl.com/Italian-EU-Polls

From that it says to me that whilst dissatisfied with the EU the Italian people do not see themselves leaving but who knows? We have seen here how easily it is to con the public. They just need a few Farage and Boris type characters promising them the earth maybe but if I were them I would sit tight and see what kind of a fudge we make of it. Assuming we do actually leave of course.

Oh you mean those polls from 2017 before the anti EU populists gained the majority of votes in March? ;-) ........and of course their President ignoring the voters will all help those europhile parties at the next election in August (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-05-30 8:25 AM

The English channel held them off until Britain got the support of Russia and America.

Trump and Putin are anti EU :D .........So the omens are good >:-) .........

Where's me knitting? B-) .........

Barryd999 - 2018-05-30 9:14 AM

Rome crumbles ... Barry's answer as ever ... Polls ... Oh Lordy

pelmetman - 2018-05-30 9:27 AM

Yep they are. Putin has his Bots all over our social media and even Boris's Dad today is suggesting that the referendum is rerun due to Russian interference. You have to ask yourself why Putin is anti EU an Pro Trump. (?)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-05-30 12:23 PM

So, lets say the doomsters are right, and the EU breaks up taking the Euro with it. How would that be better? Seriously? Can our two Europhobes please spell it out for those of us too dim to see the advantage?

For a start the demise of the euro will mean German goods will become very expensive >:-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-30 11:18 AM

Yep they are. Putin has his Bots all over our social media and even Boris's Dad today is suggesting that the referendum is rerun due to Russian interference. You have to ask yourself why Putin is anti EU an Pro Trump. (?)

If it makes you feel better Barry..........Yeah Putin made me do it (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

BTW here's the latest Italexit poll B-) ...........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5786271/Italys-populist-parties-win-outright-increasingly-likely-rerun-election-poll-says.html

Stick to your knitting

Trump and Putin are anti EU because they would rather deal with 28 small countries - divide and rule - than one powerful bloc.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-05-30 3:40 PM

Stick to your knitting

Trump and Putin are anti EU because they would rather deal with 28 small countries - divide and rule - than one powerful bloc.

Powerful bloc?.......Oh you mean the Germans? ;-) ........Well they do have some history don't they :D .......

Archived