Off Topic

Guest starspirit

How about going to the queens tea-party then you could show her your tattoos & we could all compare our tattoos. michele that is a rat in my hair!, at Butlins just before xmas we got dressed up on the sat night for the gig i had flashing xmas lights in the hair and boy did it attract the ladies to have there picture taken with me I'll see if i can send you the full picture of me in it. 8-)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah. Been to too many, and thats starting to wear a bit thin as well Wayne. Not only that, but the Queens always on the phone asking my advice about her racing pidgeons, and to be honest she,s starting to be a bit of a nuisance.

Getting back to those tatoos. Hope I didn,t give the wrong impression, but they are both on my arms, and were put there by a local witch doctor out in Belise useing a rusty penknife I presume, as I was totally blotto at the time. The result was a nasty infection and fever. Then after dosing me up with penicillin, they discovered I was allergic to it, and apart from ending up looking like the michelin man, it almost finished me off. To cap it all, once I could understand what was going on, I was put on a charge of self inflicted injury.

Youngsters today don,t how to enjoy themselves anymore Chopper, and say what you like, nothing beats the good old days.

Guest starspirit
I'm sorry Howie for breaking in to your private conversation, but I do hope you realise that a conversation by its very nature represents a topic and as such has no place on a thread about being off topic.

No problem Richard, and your more than welcome to listen in on any of our conversations

Holy Joe,s and those of a sensitive nature please look away now

Seeing as you reckon I talk out of my bum, this might interest you. First thing in the morning i,m having my three yearly camera up the rear end oscopy. No sedation, thats for wimps and cc tuggers, but it will all be up on the big screen, and with a bit of luck I can get you a copy. Just think. If Michele can help me get it on the forum, not only can you listen to where my thoughts originate, but you will actually see where they come from as well. Spiffing. Might even find that piece of jigsaw that went missing over Christmas. 8-)

howie - 2007-01-25 11:16 PM

No problem Richard, and your more than welcome to listen in on any of our conversations

Holy Joe,s and those of a sensitive nature please look away now

Seeing as you reckon I talk out of my bum, this might interest you. First thing in the morning i,m having my three yearly camera up the rear end oscopy. No sedation, thats for wimps and cc tuggers, but it will all be up on the big screen, and with a bit of luck I can get you a copy. Just think. If Michele can help me get it on the forum, not only can you listen to where my thoughts originate, but you will actually see where they come from as well. Spiffing. Might even find that piece of jigsaw that went missing over Christmas. 8-)

I hope it wasn't the electric type jigsaw!!! 8-)

Guest starspirit

He seems to have disappeared - I hope it's not to somewhere warm dark and moist?

Howie Howie are you alright

to go orf like that has gived us a fright

we hope you are well and getting a tan

or have you gawn orf in your own little van

Richard Richard worry ye not

There,s still plenty of life left in this silly old clot

Docters and surgeons have been hacking away

But there,s still enough left to let me have my say

You will find a difference, I,ll speak with more class

But only until the stiches come out of my a**e

Until that day comes I,ll count on my luck

And as is my wont I don,t give a

great deal of thought to what the future holds for me, and i,m more than happy that my present problem seems to have been sorted out. :-)

Look after yourselves. :-)

Guest starspirit

Howie,

It's great to see that you're back into form

still never ever be seen to be norm

a pain in the **** - who you - no never

just a little bit under the wever

So cheer up old mate and head for the sun

just as soon as you can sit on yer bl##dy sore bum

life is too short to grumble and moan

so good luck to you and welcome back 'ome.

Best wishes,

Rich

Brian Kirby - 2007-01-30 6:40 PM

Glad to hear it Howard.  And did they find the cause of the headaches?

Very rare I suffer from headaches Brian for which i,m more than thankfull, as this condition often occurs to most people I come into contact with, so I must be one of the lucky ones. *-) .

Dear Michele. Its not often I let my emotions get the better of me, but your message of sympathy and support almost reduced me to tears, and rest assured, your kindness will not be forgotten. *-)

As for you Richard my friend, this rhyming really must end, try as I do, it keeps coming through, and its starting to become obsessive. Wonder if there,s a medical term for it.

Two things that really concern me at the moment though. First of all the missing piece of my Christmas jigsaw puzzle has yet to be found, and second, why is it that almost every thread I read seems to degenerate into petty backbiting and animosity. Is it to much to ask for a little more tolerence and understanding whenever we disagree with someone else,s views and opinions. :-(

Oh Howie,

You make me laugh so much ..You are so funny you have a wicked sense of humour . I laugh even as I see your piccy how far from the truth could it be.

Everytime i see that piccy I start to laugh in anticipation of what I will read next you never disapoint . Yes You are right we should all live together in harmony not fighting . There are enough wars in the world already.

Peace be with you and so unto you.

Keep the poems up between you and jack it only get's better you never know we could create The Dead Poet's Society.

That would be fun ..........

I rise in the dawn ,and kneel and blow

Till the seeds of the fire flicker and glow

And then I must scrub and bake and sweep

Till the stars are beginning to blink and peep

And the young lie long and dream in their beds

Of the matching ribbon for bossom and heads

And their day goes over in idleness

And they sigh if the wind but lift a tress

While I must work because I am old

And the seed of the fire get's feeble and cold.

That's mine well William Butler Yeats

;-)

Glad to see the smiles back on your face Michele, and thats the way it should be.

This Billy Yeats stuff is not to bad, but he will have to pull his finger out if he wants to join me and Tricky Dicky with our poetry.

I,m absolutly knackered, so sleep tight and good night to one and all. X

Guest starspirit

I believe it's called Rhymitis Howie and the only known cure is a Poetectomy.

Trouble is the even when removed the little blighter keep popping up when least expected - a bit like some other thing whose name escapes me.

Oh yes - toothache - that was what I was trying to recall?

michele - 2007-01-31 12:35 AM

Will it have to have Couplet's Metaphors

Be Monologue or Rhyme ?.

Have extended Metaphors simple vocabulary ..Similie, personification.

or just plain old boring me will that do.

;-)

Couplets Metapors have always been a favorite of mine, what sezs you Richard. :-S

Guest starspirit

Absolutely old thing - always been a great lover of couplets or something very similar.

In fact it would be fair to say that my couplet hath runneth over at times - unfortunately not recent times.

I take it you have,nt a clue either then Richard, Never mind, Michele will probably explain it to us later.

More to the point, i,ve just had the word "t****r srubbed out, which is fair enough I suppose, but if it goes to far, then it might end up reading threads will be like doing the crossword, where you have to fill in the words yourself. Must brush up on my social graces i,m afraid. :-S

starspirit - 2007-01-31 8:00 PM

Howie, you and social graces - yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don,t knock it Richard. i,m always willing to learn, and I did have the benifit of higher education, or Borstal as it was then known.

Don,t know if you,re interested, but I have a cousin living down in your part world in a place called Freystrop just outside Haverfordwest. He,s doing the goodlife thing, and has a beautiful old cottage with about 4 or 5 acres that he uses for growing fruit and veg and stables for about a dozen horses, two of which are his and the rest using the facilities on a paying basis.

We have stopped there overnight a few times overnight before catching the ferry to Roslaire, and he,s in the process of applying to use the one paddock as a c.l. I,ll let you know how he gets on.

Hi Michele. Must be a difficult job deciding what and what not to delete. The word T*s**r means nothing at all around here, but could cause offence elsewhere, and its better to err on the side of caution rather than upset someone. Best left to those in charge and just get on with it.

no not difficult Howie. I try not swear on the whole.

Its another late one waiting for the Dr'to phone again here we go.

yes i have noticed I,m off topic yet again typical gemini.

T****er mean's something rude here . I can remember when I was a child born and bread in Newcastle the word cow was offensive that was like being called a prostitue. Cause I honesly never used it but yes I heard it.

When we moved to london to call someone a silly cow meant nothing silch.

My cousin came to stay i said see you later that threw her when later . I won't see you she replied I said yes you will next week she said that's not later ? I then said after explaining you silly cow. She promptly beat my with a hair brush leaving all the prong marks in my leg to which I grassed her up for haha. Mum had to explain in means nothing down south. (lol)

I stuck my tounge out at her wow that was a big deal then that was only the 70's

Funny how you can go for years without any problems Michele, then everything seems to catch up with you, and always when its the last thing you need at that particular time. Im, not exactly housebound at the moment, but I will be feeling "delicate" for the next week or two, and at the very time I,ve got half a dozen things that need seeing to as soon as possible. No good worrying about it though. You just have to sit tight and wait for better times to come, which they will, and with the lighter nights already starting, pass the time thinking of all the places you plan to visit this summer. Got to be carefull about what I say, as i,ve lost my smillies for some reason, and there are occasions when I might be misunderstood, just like some of the words we were talking about. Good night, Be good (i,m winking)

Archived