Certificate of conformity

peterjl

Hi

Purchased new Globecar, our third, a couple of weeks back and very pleased with our first trip.

On return home I found the dealer had sent me the original, impressive looking, certificate of conformity, in fact two, one fiat and one dethleffs.

I cannot recall receiving these for any of my previous three German builtbmotorhomes. If they did it certainly passed me by. So, silly question, do I need to carry this with my V5 or can I just stick it with my other paperwork relating to purchase and forget it?

I read an earlier thread about these but that related to importing a van and didn’t really help.

Peter

peterji. You have a two phase RV vehicle built according the EC standard as mentioned on your ORIGINAL- COC documents certified by stamping as being original. Be aware in csae of loss of the birth certificates what to do for the insurace and the MOT. Take some copies and left home. Fiat and phase two can give you new cerified copy.Check also their location on the vehicle. In belgium the ZFA must be read out on two locations mandatory: on the name plate at cooler bridge ANd also on the chassis in right wheel chamber by removing a small rectangular inspection plate.

It is proof and mandatoty to the police etc ,

that you drive a vehicle whit licence plates conforming to the car documents. That proof includes COC papers and chassis number, and in some cases the engine number. I now what it is and location. I had a range rover stolen and the engine was for sale at the inthernet reading my engine number.

Archived