stuff you put in engine to flush it out.

gp1

Thanks Stuart, but I'll leave the grovelling to others.

I do have the 4 concrete blocks available for hire or sale if you would like to try them and realise how safe and easy to use they are - if you can lift them - and then see the error of your ways!

Well im sure with any safety system there has to be a backup or secondary safety system. For it to he safe. Im sure jacks can topple concrete blocks can split cars without handbrakes can roll over chocks reverse cameras can ... well no the camera never lies. But you get my point. If it meant mine or anyones life was dependent on a concrete block to support a vans wheels if jacks gave way im sure we would be very thankfull they were there. No such thing as absolute safety.

I think part of trackers motivation was to get people new to motorhoming to begin to think about (or getting fired up about) jobs they can do. We live in rip off britain after all. And we are about taking back self belief and power that the nanny state would have us living in daipers indefinately if it could. Not sure if parking up in isolated places in strange lands is safe but we do it cos its better than sitting in front of the tv. If theres no sense of adventure or risk then the brain will squash under the weight of boredom. Yes the safest advice would be to get a proffessional to do anything other than check water and oil and tyres. But going into a pub and saying wow ive just checked the water in my van is going to be met with a roomfull of silence. Far betterto have a funeral with a really thin coffin and have loads of people there and on your stone it reads i changed my oil. I had a primary and secondary safety contigency plan. Both failed. Guess i was unlucky.

gp1 - 2018-06-28 3:05 PM

Far betterto have a funeral with a really thin coffin and have loads of people there and on your stone it reads i changed my oil. I had a primary and secondary safety contigency plan. Both failed. Guess i was unlucky.

I've heard of future proof planning but having yer own headstone made is maybe taking it a bit too far! Hopefully it will be well weathered before you need it!

Besides you are more likely to fall off a concrete block than your van is and the morals of that story are, to never stand on a concrete block as they are so unpredictable and that there are many more things in life just queuing up to get you - as well as concrete blocks!

Archived