Kitchen taps

Pete-B

Hi, I need to replace a leaking kitchen tap in our 2015 Bessie E462 which I'm told is a Reich Vector but it seems there's a Vector S and a Vector E.

Does anyone know how I would tell which one I have?

Appreciate any help.

Hi, sorry if I appear dumb (probably am) but some of the adds for these taps say, includes micro switch?

The van is a standard Bessie E462 with the usual water pump but as for micro switches????

Thanks again for any help.

A version with a micro-switch is required if you have a water pump and circuit that doesn't incorporate a pressure-switch. Usually, this arrangement is via a submersible pump inside the water tank, and the switch on the (any) tap closes the circuit when it is opened and energises the pump directly.

Where the pump is switched by a pressure-switch, the (normally external to the tank) pump runs until the water pressure rises (as all outlets are turned off) and then a pressure-operated switch in the water circuit interrupts the power to the pump. Opening a tap then drops the pressure, and power to the pump is restored.

You can install a tap incorporating micro-switches into either of the above, in the second case you simply wouldn't wire the switches up.

You can check under your existing tap to see if there are wires going up into it (they are pretty obvious), but my guess would be that it isn't equipped with a micro-switch.

(My late Hobby had a hybrid system which used both pressure and micro-switching, but that is pretty unusual, and I wouldn't want to complicate things).

Robinhood - 2018-06-29 6:28 PM

A version with a micro-switch is required if you have a water pump and circuit that doesn't incorporate a pressure-switch. Usually, this arrangement is via a submersible pump inside the water tank, and the switch on the (any) tap closes the circuit when it is opened and energises the pump directly.

Where the pump is switched by a pressure-switch, the (normally external to the tank) pump runs until the water pressure rises (as all outlets are turned off) and then a pressure-operated switch in the water circuit interrupts the power to the pump. Opening a tap then drops the pressure, and power to the pump is restored.

You can install a tap incorporating micro-switches into either of the above, in the second case you simply wouldn't wire the switches up.

You can check under your existing tap to see if there are wires going up into it (they are pretty obvious), but my guess would be that it isn't equipped with a micro-switch.

(My late Hobby had a hybrid system which used both pressure and micro-switching, but that is pretty unusual, and I wouldn't want to complicate things).

Thanks for that mate, much appreciated

Archived