MMM

Pat

I spotted a copy of the February MMM in a newsagent today that surprised me as my copy hs not been delivered yet!

Am I alone? I thought that one of the perks of being a subscriber was that we recieved our copy 2 or 3 days before it went on general sale 1

Regards Pat

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine came this morning.

Come on MMM Distribution Dept, let's hear your excuses - or better still, a simple promise that NO copies will be dispatched to shops until well after all subscribers' copies have been sent out.

(Oh, I've just realised what causes the delay. It takes longer to send ours out, because they have to pack all that junk-mail in first! Of course, silly me!)

Tony

Ours arrived yesterday but the plastic wrapper was almost split because of all the "extras". I do think Her Majesty's Mails may be at fault sometimes. We ordered copies of France Magazine calendars during November - two arrived safely the other two (sent out same date) had to be re-posted finally arriving this month.

Hi again - yes , it's just arrived...and even thought we have a large 'box' outside for the port, it hardly even fitted that. Feel sorry for the postie on his bike! What a bundle, and agree with Tony about possible pre-packaging, though I assuem even in the shops, it must be in a plactic bag!

Got a few days reading anyway!

At least with all the additional c@@p you can ditch it in the bin straight away, shame they don't put all the advertising seperate from the rest of the mag I would be able to enjoy my read (or not as the case may be) without the constant advertising which could be binned immediately. It would probably help the payload as well!!! ;-) ;-)

Guest starspirit

Having read all other mags at one time or another MMM does seem to have the widest content and most info out of all of them.

Although there are several topics in which I have no interest I still think it is fair vfm.

But then again many people would not touch MMM as they ahve their own favorites.

So why not try 'em all and stick with what you like.

Mine arrived today but Pembroke too seems to be too far from civilisation to warrant a decent postal service.

NOT the fault of postmen and women who do a grest job in such adversity as poor management and unhelpful government.

Mine arrived this morning but I have no gripe about it being late. i've received it and that's good enough for me. I'd like to point out that I didn't even know that Mrs James was writing to the mag, much less that I would actually pay someone to write in, who me?

D.

P.S. it was a nice letter though. He He

Dave Newell - 2007-01-25 1:47 PM

Mine arrived this morning but I have no gripe about it being late. i've received it and that's good enough for me. I'd like to point out that I didn't even know that Mrs James was writing to the mag, much less that I would actually pay someone to write in, who me?

D.

P.S. it was a nice letter though. He He

Touch of the Michele's there Dave ... have you been at her tablets or are you one and the same person (now that is a VERY worrying thought!).

Got ours yesterday as well (I think) hubby nicked it so I didn't get to see it until last night.

Guest Frank Wilkinson

This is not a joke. I subscribed to MMM recently and my first two editions, last month's and the one that arrived a couple of days ago, sat on my hall stand for about two days.

When I went to collect my morning post, such is the thickness of the magazine with its inserts, catalogues and separate advertisements, that I assumed that it was a new telephone directory - or Thomson's Yellow Pages or something!

I'll get used to it eventually I suppose!

Ivys - 2007-01-25 11:27 AM

Apologies in advance for the following stupid question:

Is the MMM mag worth it?

How does it compare with other mags?

Roger

Complete load of rubbish.

Buy Practical Motorhome instead, it is aimed at a younger readership!

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Mmmm! A typical reasoned and sensible response!

Ignore him Ivys and make up your own mind. I like it, I also like Practical Motorhome as it happens and would never call something rubbish, just because it's not for me.

Frank Wilkinson - 2007-01-26 6:30 PM

Mmmm! A typical reasoned and sensible response!

Ignore him Ivys and make up your own mind. I like it, I also like Practical Motorhome as it happens and would never call something rubbish, just because it's not for me.

The last copy I bought was last summer.There was an article on the Isle of Sheppy that was quite frankly rubbish, and has been widely reported on other forums as so. There was also an idiots guide to touring France in winter. A pull out supplement that had a page on what the internet is and how to connect, half a page on how to get a passport. The writer seemed to be paid by the word. Very poor writing by 'have a go journalists' with little evidence of the editor doing his job other than keeping costs down.So, frankie babes, I say rubbish for a reason. Having said that, there is excellent advice available on how to stop your toilet roll unravelling and similar life saving scenarios.

Most months we find plenty to interest us. This month's issue a little disappointing. "Mike's Motorcaravanning Month" I thought rather a copout, just lots of photographs. Is it my imagination or are we getting more and more travel articles? Are there any left to go in "Out and About"?

Empress

I am very happy to admit that I like MMM.

Not all the content is for me, but you can say that about any magazine.

I got mine yesterday, ordered and saved by my local newsagent.

Thought about subscribing but also thought that I would like my newsagent to stay open.

Thoughtful and reasoned enough for you Frank?

(Don't take offence, I like your style)

Oh. OK. take offence if you must: it makes for interesting reading.

Regards,

Dancer.

Not a reindeer please.

Guest starspirit

Most of the MMM free suplements are crap and go straight in the bin including the awful Brownhills advert in this month's edition along with the pathetic and incomplete park sites booklet.

That apart the mag does have a lot of very varied info and adverts which are also a source of info and contacts in their own way.

Hi Starspirit.

Do you mean that there are more sites in England than mentioned in the booklet. WOW!

I did notice that a lot of the were CC sites, I already knew about these as a CC member.

Hope that comment does'nt get Michelle going again.

Regards,

Dancer

Archived