MMM

Pat

Just to further pit Dave against Clive I have to say that I am fed up reading the same model write-ups first in Practical Motorhome and then in MMM.

Example, Charlie Wheeler espuases the best points of the new Kon-Tiki in the February (arrived in December) edition of Practical Mootorhome. Then, Dave Hurrell gives it another going over in the February (arrives in January) edition of MMM. Just for good measure, 'Gentleman' Jack Bancroft revisits the Kon-Tiki range again in the March (arrives January) edition of Practical Motorhome.

I used to also buy Which Motorcaravan but also found that the same vehicle appeared there too as it went the rounds of the various magazines!!

Now it is the Caravan Club that are getting the vehicle either before or after the other two.

Bit unfair all this though as Clive and Dave are better known for their technical input rather than vehicle tests. Having had an excellent response from Clive on the permanent installation of an inverter I come down firmly in his corner - but then I'm biased!!

Regards, David

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fred grant - 2007-01-28 8:11 PM

I is now getting the hell of this forum.

You is spose to wind sumone up and then sit back and wait for the brickbracs.

Dose i relly want to read if dave agrees with clive or not. Or if clive agrees with dave. I thought that clives road test was reely interesting and he and his better haf seem like very good people. Is good to put a face to a name. If dave thinks he can do beter then why hav we not got daves articals in the mag.

long live MMM - its ruddy more interecting than this forum,

fed

Hi Fred, firstly I was not criticising Clive's article but simply making an observation that I had understood it to be a slightly different brief to Clive. He has answered my point and I accept his answer. I never claimed to be a better writer than Clive but if you want to see some of my journalistic work I suggest you take a look through some back issues, for example last August MMM published my report on the then long term test motorhome the Mobilvetta Kimu. I have been a technical consultant for MMM for over ten years. A few years ago they published an article by myself detailing the conversion of my last camper van.

If you don't fancy trawling through back issues then why not try any current issue of PMH as I write a regular monthly column for that mag as well.

Finally my comments were not intended to wind anyone up, least of all Clive, who I have known for a few years now.

D.

david lloyd - 2007-01-28 9:01 PM

Just to further pit Dave against Clive I have to say that I am fed up reading the same model write-ups first in Practical Motorhome and then in MMM.

Example, Charlie Wheeler espuases the best points of the new Kon-Tiki in the February (arrived in December) edition of Practical Mootorhome. Then, Dave Hurrell gives it another going over in the February (arrives in January) edition of MMM. Just for good measure, 'Gentleman' Jack Bancroft revisits the Kon-Tiki range again in the March (arrives January) edition of Practical Motorhome.

I used to also buy Which Motorcaravan but also found that the same vehicle appeared there too as it went the rounds of the various magazines!!

Now it is the Caravan Club that are getting the vehicle either before or after the other two.

Bit unfair all this though as Clive and Dave are better known for their technical input rather than vehicle tests. Having had an excellent response from Clive on the permanent installation of an inverter I come down firmly in his corner - but then I'm biased!!

Regards, David

Hi David, I'm not quite sure why this would " further pit Dave against Clive". We're actually on the same side I think!

D.

Archived