Best Internal Screens (Cab)

HymerVan

We use both internal and external screens and I know there have been many debates about the pros and cons of both as well as which external is best.

My query though is which make or brand of INTERNAL screens do users prefer and/or work well.

Its a post 2014 Sevel

I bought internal cab-glass insulating screens for my 2005 Ford Transit-based motorhome from Van Comfort

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/products.html

but for my current Rapido I have an external screen (a near-freebie from Road-Pro) that I rarely use.

To some extent you’ll get what you pay for - Van Comfort offers the KANTOP screens and the cheaper ADVENTURE ones - and the design may differ according to whether or not a “post 2014 Sevel” already has cab-glass concertina blinds (eg. the Remis ones). My Hobby had Remis blinds and, although the Van Comfort screens were the right size, fitting them to the cab side windows was difficult and I ended up cutting each side-blind in two to simplify fitting.

(I believe no internal screen will work well as far as preventing condensation is concerned, but some screens will be better made and will fit better, and the attachments' (suckers) strength and ability to stick to the glass will vary considerably.)

Hi,

We have the KANTOP ISOMATTEN internal screens for our Sprinter and think they are excellent.

VanComfort do sell the K I screens but they could not give us a price for our choice with the light grey lining (as opposed to the darker beige/brown which came with our MH) so I bought directly from K I in Germany.

https://www.kantop-isomatten.de/

Keith.

(I believe no internal screen will work well as far as preventing condensation is concerned, but some screens will be better made and will fit better, and the attachments' (suckers) strength and ability to stick to the glass will vary considerably.)

Derek thanks as ever for your wisdom. I agree especially about condensation and the reason I want to replace my inside screens is mainly that they stick very badly and often partially fall off during the night. This is not helped by the fact that there are stickers e.g. Umvelt on the screen exactly coinciding with the relevant sucker.

However where thermal efficiency is not an issue, in wild camping situations and/or where you don't want an outside screen to get soaked they have a place.

I will look at the KANTOP and anything else that comes up. I don't have blinds and don't like them because its just another thing to compromise your driving view.

Archived