Another Brexit bonus.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-07 7:36 PM

Apart from all the parked up lorries backing all the way up to the M25. *-)

Dunno if you've ever noticed Barry ;-)............ Very few of those lorries are British >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-08-07 8:35 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-08-07 7:36 PM

Apart from all the parked up lorries backing all the way up to the M25. *-)

Dunno if you've ever noticed Barry ;-)............ Very few of those lorries are British >:-) ..........

Because we are an island country (as opposed to a transit country) importing more than we export. That's been pointed out to you numerous times. Your xenophobia would go into meltdown if you ventured to an Autobahn stop in Germany and saw the vast number of multi-national registered HGV's transiting through to other European countries.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-08-08 11:30 AM

Because we are an island country (as opposed to a transit country) importing more than we export. That's been pointed out to you numerous times.

Eh??.......I never said we didn't? :-S ..........

That's why THEY need us more than we need them, there's nothing that we buy from the EU that we cant get from anywhere else in the world ;-) ...........and prolly cheaper too >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-08-08 11:56 AM

Because we are an island country (as opposed to a transit country) importing more than we export. That's been pointed out to you numerous times.

That's why THEY need us more than we need them, there's nothing that we buy from the EU that we cant get from anywhere else in the world ;-) ...........and prolly cheaper too >:-) .......

Where do you plan to buy parts from to keep your Euro build van on the road? The US can't supply as they don't have Transits and any new parts required will come from Germany.....whether you like it or not. You should get rid of your van if you feel that strongly about 'buying from EU countries'. (lol)(lol)

We already import many other items from around the world such as foods, wines, clothing etc....some comes via air freight and the rest by road but one thing for certain, i will NOT buy chlorinated chicken meat which hopefully UK will see sense and ensure it stays banned.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-08-08 12:37 PM

Where do you plan to buy parts from to keep your Euro build van on the road? The US can't supply as they don't have Transits and any new parts required will come from Germany.....whether you like it or not. You should get rid of your van if you feel that strongly about 'buying from EU countries'. (lol)(lol)

We already import many other items from around the world such as foods, wines, clothing etc....some comes via air freight and the rest by road but one thing for certain, i will NOT buy chlorinated chicken meat which hopefully UK will see sense and ensure it stays banned.

Euro build van? :-S .............

As for EU chicken ;-) ..........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/844431/Chicken-food-scare-fipronil-poultry-Poland-eggs-European-Commission

Mmmmm..... Fripronil..... tasty >:-) ...............

pelmetman - 2018-08-08 12:43 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-08-08 12:37 PM

Euro build van? :-S .............

Yours is third generation so chassis likely came from Belgium, or possibly Southampton. As for Ford parts, Germany hold the largest stock which distribute to all main dealerships.

As for EU chicken ;-) ..........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/844431/Chicken-food-scare-fipronil-poultry-Poland-eggs-European-Commission

Mmmmm..... Fripronil..... tasty >:-) ...............

Good to know EU authorities act swiftly to protect the public and these actions are what you voted to turn your back on, yet here you are now applauding them. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-08-08 1:22 PM

Yours is third generation so chassis likely came from Belgium, or possibly Southampton. As for Ford parts, Germany hold the largest stock which distribute to all main dealerships.

Nope deffo Southampton..........As for parts the last non service part I bought was a steel wheel from a scrappy in Yeovil for a tenner :D ........

The new spacers for my MK5 alloy's which are being fitted tomorrow have been made in Blighty ;-) .......

Guest pelmetman

Good to know EU authorities act swiftly to protect the public and these actions are what you voted to turn your back on, yet here you are now applauding them. *-)

Not applauding at all............Just pointing out that your EU chums aren't any better at producing non toxic food than anyone else ;-) .........

BTW the jury is still out on chlorinated chicken :-| ........

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/is-chlorinated-chicken-bad-for-our-health-and-the-environment-a7860866.html

The EU is prolly using it as an protectionist tool >:-) .........

Personally I buy only British meat B-) ...........

When in the UK of course :D ...........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-08-08 1:56 PM

Another Brexit Bonus every day this week as foreign investments have reached new record highs against the falling pound. :-S

That's not the only good news B-) .........

"Summary of a fall in the exchange rate

Tends to increase the rate of economic growth and reduce unemployment.

Tends to benefit exporters, but makes imports more expensive.

Benefits the domestic tourist industry. It is more expensive to travel abroad and foreigners will find the UK more attractive.

Consumers likely to see higher prices – at least for imported goods.

Tends to cause inflation.

This is because:

imports more expensive

higher domestic demand

firms have less incentive to cut costs

Tends to improve the current account deficit"

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/437/trade/effects-of-falling-exchange-rates/

Our downside is a 3 course meal with a bottle of wine in Spain will now cost 28 quid 8-) ........

But compared to the £61 I paid on Tuesday in Weymouth........I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-08-08 2:18 PM

Nope deffo Southampton..........

You're guessing.......and hoping.

As for parts the last non service part I bought was a steel wheel from a scrappy in Yeovil for a tenner :D ........

I'm talking new....not scrapyard parts.

The new spacers for my MK5 alloy's which are being fitted tomorrow have been made in Blighty ;-) .......

Wow we actually make spacers. What a useful accessory, *-) Checked out the country of origin of your boy racer 'allys' too? (lol)

Post a photo up so we can see "made in Britain" mark. (lol)

pelmetman - 2018-08-08 2:29 PM

Not applauding at all............Just pointing out that your EU chums aren't any better at producing non toxic food than anyone else ;-) .........

It was thanks to the EU that intervention occurred in time....without that control, which you voted to get rid of, an entire market could have been flooded. Same with our BSE issues. So yes it's good to see you recognise it's importance and odd you still want to play Russian roulette,

BTW the jury is still out on chlorinated chicken :-| ........

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/is-chlorinated-chicken-bad-for-our-health-and-the-environment-a7860866.html

The EU is prolly using it as an protectionist tool >:-) .........

If you want to eat that muck, go ahead.

Personally I buy only British meat B-) ...........

What a Judas. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-08-08 3:38 PM

pelmetman - 2018-08-08 2:29 PM

]Personally I buy only British meat B-) ...........

What a Judas. *-)

That's what tourists do ;-) ..........

Archived