I rest my case...........

Guest pelmetman

Don’t be silly the chairman of the Magistrates Association was only saying that people with convictions shouldn’t rule themselves out from applying to be a Magistrate. It doesn’t mean that all those with a criminal record would get through the process of selection. There are entirely reformed characters about that could do a good job as a Magistrate. I knew an old lag who became a probation officer. He didn’t take any old c**p from the people under his supervision because he'd been there and told the same old lies.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-08-22 5:22 PM

Don’t be silly the chairman of the Magistrates Association was only saying that people with convictions shouldn’t rule themselves out from applying to be a Magistrate. It doesn’t mean that all those with a criminal record would get through the process of selection. There are entirely reformed characters about that could do a good job as a Magistrate. I knew an old lag who became a probation officer. He didn’t take any old c**p from the people under his supervision because he'd been there and told the same old lies.

Why shouldn't they be banned from applying? :-S .........

There's very little deterrent as it is *-) ..........

Archived