Jaguar Land Rover warns over 'no deal' Brexit

Bulletguy

W3526602 - 2018-09-15 7:38 PM

Hi,

Triumph managers swore blind that the Rover V8 would not fit into a Triumph Stag. So how come there are lots of Rover engined Stags on the road.

If you have time, log onto

find out where your heritage has gone, and who to blame.

Where there's a will there's a way. Just ask any Mini enthusiasts running 16 valve Twin Cams but this bloke took things further still by shoehorning a Rover V8 into his Morris Minor. Not just turbocharged but running with nitrous too. The thing is lethal...goes like the proverbial s**te off a shovel. Met him years ago at a hillclimb meet and was telling me, apart from building, the real fun times he had with it was before it was all sprayed up it was just in plain maroon. The only part which stood out was the wide wheels and fat tyres so he'd sometimes get glances from Porsche drivers at traffic lights thinking "oh yeah a boy racer in an old saloon tub with big wheels".

He'd let them blast away at the lights then floor it and leave 'em behind in a cloud of smoking rubber.

Hi,

A DVLA colleague of my wife completed restoring a Mini Cooper S, then moved onto his next project ... shoe-horning a Honda V-tech engine into an old Mini.

One day, while helping my staff dispose of a couple of tons of documents, I noticed a V5 for a Reliant Robin ... with a 3500cc engine.

Bulletguy - 2018-09-11 6:12 PM

tens of thousands” of jobs in the car industry could be lost if the UK crashed out of the EU without a deal.

But the Brexiteers will be able to make money on that like the Scrap Merchants dismantling Britain's other big factories. >:-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-09-17 8:36 AM

W3526602 - 2018-09-17 7:42 AM

I noticed a V5 for a Reliant Robin ... with a 3500cc engine.

Don't give the Mad Hatter any more ideas (lol)

I'm surprised you don't drive a Trabant :D .........

Archived