Mr Rees Mogg

antony1969

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-09-15 10:23 PM

Jacob Rees-Mogg's dad literally wrote the book on how to profit from financial crisis

And he's not the only Tory Brextremist positioning himself to benefit from Brexit, he's opening investment funds in Ireland to maintain access to the Single Market, tJohn Redwood and Michael Ashcroft are advising their wealthy speculator mates to get their cash out of Britain while they tank the economy, former Brexit junior minister Steve Baker is investing in a company advising their clients to buy gold as insurance against the approaching Tory Brexit meltdown.

It’s absolutely clear that a number of Tory Brextremists are simply hard-right disaster capitalists looking to make fortunes betting against Britain, then use the ensuing chaos to tear down the remnants of the social safety net, gut workers’ rights and environmental protections after having 'taken back control' from the EU, and make £billions buying up distressed British assets on the cheap.

They’re steering the UK economy towards the “no deal” cliff edge with the aim of asset stripping the wreckage like vultures stripping the meat off the carcass. Just like the scrap metal merchants of old who made their fortunes dismantling British factories .

And for anyone arguing that such a deliberate act of national vandalism is far-fetched, consider the fact that the Tory government’s own impact assessments rate a “no deal” Brexit as by far the most economically damaging option, (a scenario that would cause an economic meltdown to make the 2007-08 Bankers’ crisis look mild in comparison).

And what better kind of economic crisis is there for profiteering from than one where the speculator class know the exact date it’s going to happen in advance?

So your not profiteering? >:-) ...........

Remind us, where did Mr Buffett tell you to put your money? ;-) ...........

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/15/warren-buffetts-failures-15-investing-mistakes-he-regrets.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2018-09-16 8:47 AM

Jacob Rees-Mogg's dad literally wrote the book on how to profit from financial crisis

And he's not the only Tory Brextremist positioning himself to benefit from Brexit, he's opening investment funds in Ireland to maintain access to the Single Market, tJohn Redwood and Michael Ashcroft are advising their wealthy speculator mates to get their cash out of Britain while they tank the economy, former Brexit junior minister Steve Baker is investing in a company advising their clients to buy gold as insurance against the approaching Tory Brexit meltdown.

It’s absolutely clear that a number of Tory Brextremists are simply hard-right disaster capitalists looking to make fortunes betting against Britain, then use the ensuing chaos to tear down the remnants of the social safety net, gut workers’ rights and environmental protections after having 'taken back control' from the EU, and make £billions buying up distressed British assets on the cheap.

They’re steering the UK economy towards the “no deal” cliff edge with the aim of asset stripping the wreckage like vultures stripping the meat off the carcass. Just like the scrap metal merchants of old who made their fortunes dismantling British factories .

And for anyone arguing that such a deliberate act of national vandalism is far-fetched, consider the fact that the Tory government’s own impact assessments rate a “no deal” Brexit as by far the most economically damaging option, (a scenario that would cause an economic meltdown to make the 2007-08 Bankers’ crisis look mild in comparison).

And what better kind of economic crisis is there for profiteering from than one where the speculator class know the exact date it’s going to happen in advance?

Hypocrite *-) ..........

Difference is I'm not engineering the Brexit crash

I got the free shares from Building Society Demutualisations, but didn't agree with it and voted against it.

I couldn't stop it and figured if somebody is going to profit from it that might as well be me.

I don't blame those who profit from it - just those who caused it.

Does that make me a hypocrite?

I don't think so.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-09-16 9:02 AM

Hypocrite *-) ..........

Difference is I'm not engineering the Brexit crash

I got the free shares from Building Society Demutualisations, but didn't agree with it and voted against it.

I couldn't stop it and figured if somebody is going to profit from it that might as well be me.

I don't blame those who profit from it - just those who caused it.

Does that make me a hypocrite?

I don't think so.

So you wont be voting Labour then? ;-) ............

Given their long history of getting the country into debt *-) ......

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/15/warren-buffetts-failures-15-investing-mistakes-he-regrets.html

Buffet advised his wife to invest her inheritance here : http://funds.ft.com/uk/Tearsheet/Summary?s=CSP1:LSE:GBX and I followed - which has turned out well so far.

Every investor makes mistakes. My biggest so far was Marconi. I bought in after the dot-com crash because I knew they owned technology vital to BT. What I did not forsee was that politicians would change the rules to allow the creditors (banks) to declare Marconi worthless, force shareholders to sell for a derisory amount, and then surprise, surprise, Marconi turned out to be worth more than they said it was >:-( Said politicians have since been rewarded with highly paid 'consultant jobs at banks *-)

What I invested in after that did very well, but I had been scared off the stock market by Marconi and didn't put much in, holding cash for too long.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-09-16 9:26 AM

Buffet advised his wife to invest her inheritance here : http://funds.ft.com/uk/Tearsheet/Summary?s=CSP1:LSE:GBX and I followed - which has turned out well so far.

Every investor makes mistakes. My biggest so far was Marconi. I bought in after the dot-com crash because I knew they owned technology vital to BT. What I did not forsee was that politicians would change the rules to allow the creditors (banks) to declare Marconi worthless, force shareholders to sell for a derisory amount, and then surprise, surprise, Marconi turned out to be worth more than they said it was >:-( Said politicians have since been rewarded with highly paid 'consultant jobs at banks *-)

What I invested in after that did very well, but I had been scared off the stock market by Marconi and didn't put much in, holding cash for too long.

99.53% non UK stock *-) ............and you have the nerve to slag off Moggy 8-) ..........

Hypocrite! >:-) ..............

It is so clear to all that will open their eyes that this is what Brexit was all about for the real Brexit Orchestrators but its just too painful for the Brexiteer public to accept.

Thats a real shame as really they conned us all. What we should be doing is uniting and fighting against them rather than each other. Brexit is doomed now anyway. Why not accept that and put these poisonous self serving feckers back in their box?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-09-16 11:08 AM

It is so clear to all that will open their eyes that this is what Brexit was all about for the real Brexit Orchestrators but its just too painful for the Brexiteer public to accept.

Thats a real shame as really they conned us all. What we should be doing is uniting and fighting against them rather than each other. Brexit is doomed now anyway. Why not accept that and put these poisonous self serving feckers back in their box?

Makes you wonder why he's just spent millions on another house, when he should of waited until they dropped 35% ;-) ............

Perhaps you should stop fighting against the will of the people *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-09-16 11:29 AM

Makes you wonder why he's just spent millions on another house, when he should of waited until they dropped 35% ;-) ............

Ah but is the will of the people the shambles that we now see before us? I think not. https://www.peoples-vote.uk/

John52 - 2018-09-16 3:21 PM

Loose change to him. Why wait if he wants it now?

Not only that but if Brexit sees the UK become a tax haven for the super wealthy and the pound plummets its possible that such high value properties in London will be in demand and go up in price while Mr and Mrs Average's family home in averageville plummets. Smuggy isnt daft when it comes to his own wealth. He will have thought of that.

Barryd999 - 2018-09-16 12:52 PM

Ah but is it the will of the people the shambles that we now see before us? I think not. https://www.peoples-vote.uk/

Signed.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-09-16 3:41 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-09-16 12:52 PM

Ah but is it the will of the people the shambles that we now see before us? I think not. https://www.peoples-vote.uk/

Signed.

By Comrade Bullet >:-) .........

Archived