Brexit and pet passport

Billggski

peterjl - 2018-10-20 8:05 PM

I have to say that I am over 65 and a remainer.

From those I know over 65, where I live, remain/leave is about 50/50.

As to why: I cannot see any benefit to leaving. Almost half our exports are with Europe. We import more than half our food much of which is routed through Europe. I certainly don’t fancy a trade deal with Trumps USA. I don’t trust our politicians and welcome the backstop of the European legal system and court.

All my children are pro Europe and, as far as I can tell, their friends.are too. It feels very selfish to overrule their wishes as they are the future.

Peter

Likewise......never even had the slightest doubt which way i'd vote either. After all i enjoy touring European countries and the 'freedom of movement' it gives so why on earth would i vote to shoot myself in the foot?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2018-10-20 8:17 PM

peterjl - 2018-10-20 8:05 PM

I have to say that I am over 65 and a remainer.

From those I know over 65, where I live, remain/leave is about 50/50.

As to why: I cannot see any benefit to leaving. Almost half our exports are with Europe. We import more than half our food much of which is routed through Europe. I certainly don’t fancy a trade deal with Trumps USA. I don’t trust our politicians and welcome the backstop of the European legal system and court.

All my children are pro Europe and, as far as I can tell, their friends.are too. It feels very selfish to overrule their wishes as they are the future.

Peter

Likewise......never even had the slightest doubt which way i'd vote either. After all i enjoy touring European countries and the 'freedom of movement' it gives so why on earth would i vote to shoot myself in the foot?

I believe people did travel to/through Europe, before it became what it is today, and whatever measures were in place then didn't seem to deter them.....

Yup, I remember group passports, limits on the amount of money we could take out of the countriy, checks on borders, unloading a whole coachload of luggage at Calais, obtaining special car insurance, no reciprocal health cover, quarantine for dogs. The good old days?

Archived