Media system

Gregors

Hi All - I can a 2006 A class on a Merc Sprinter chassis and I am looking to install a new media system with Radio - Sat Nav - phone - blue tooth connectivity and also a camera for the rear -

Does anyone have any good suggestions for this type of unit and also one that fits quite easily into a sprinter 2006

Many thanks

Chris

Hi Derek - yes good point. I have actually seen a couple of systems that run with your iPhone and the sat nav from there - so this could be the way forward - I think the main issue is working what is comparable or not compatible with a 2006 Sprinter dash board !

Many thanks

Chris

Chris,

You can only fit a 'Single DIN' radio into your Sprinters dash. Some enterprising souls over in the USA have re-crafted their dash to increase the height of the 'hump' and then fit a Double DIN but it seems an awful lot of work for what...?

Someone posted pics on the Sprinter Source Forum of a new Single DIN with external screen which seemed very nice and fitted well but it was approx $1,000!!! I'm not quite sure how much you're expecting to pay?

Let me know if you're interested and I'll try and find the post.

Keith.

Hi, not arguing but my 56 plate sprinter has a double din dashboard and torque converter auto box, not the sprint shift ,so perhaps a later model.

I am looking to replace the sony dab radio thats playing up .There are double din units that have dab, fm, am radio DVD Player. iPod and android connectivity, bluetooth sat nav and rear view camera. At 71 years old I just wonder wether I have enough years left to learn how to master such a device.

Regards David

davidmac - 2018-10-10 8:56 PM

Hi, not arguing but my 56 plate sprinter has a double din dashboard and torque converter auto box, not the sprint shift ,so perhaps a later model.

I am looking to replace the sony dab radio thats playing up .There are double din units that have dab, fm, am radio DVD Player. iPod and android connectivity, bluetooth sat nav and rear view camera. At 71 years old I just wonder wether I have enough years left to learn how to master such a device.

Regards David

David,

Yours will be the later NCV3 model as you have the 3.0 litre V6 engine (The T1N's where only the 4 or 5 cylinder engines).

I'm pretty certain that Chris's will be a T1N and hence Single DIN. Chris can you confirm your model of Sprinter please.

Keith.

All singing and dancing head units look fancy, but my manual is 96 pages, not read all of it in four years!

If one bit goes wrong the whole lot is useless, and seperate bits cannot be updated.

(Mine has camping sat-nav, cd, dvd, reversing camera, radio, bluetooth telephone, ipod, usb, remote control and some bits I haven't found yet!)

I now use seperate sat-nav and reversing camera.

Hi All. Thanks for your comments on this. I have learned a little for sure.

Yes my dash board is a single not double Din unit.

I was basically looking to see if we could get an all in one solution which is offered by the likes of JVC and Kenwood e.t.c.

I think we may have to look at two systems

Thanks again

Chris

Archived