Fridge

Pete-B

Afternoon, Could I pick the brains of the knowledgeable among us? We're out on site and suddenly started getting a warning beep from our Dometic fridge (3 years old). I switched to gas and that's fine but as soon as I put it back to lecky it starts to beep again. Checked the 20amp fuse on the CPU and that's fine, even tried a new one but no joy.

Would appreciate if anyone's got an idea what the problem could be.

Thanks.

Pete-B - 2018-10-13 2:56 PM

Afternoon, Could I pick the brains of the knowledgeable among us? We're out on site and suddenly started getting a warning beep from our Dometic fridge (3 years old). I switched to gas and that's fine but as soon as I put it back to lecky it starts to beep again. Checked the 20amp fuse on the CPU and that's fine, even tried a new one but no joy.

Would appreciate if anyone's got an idea what the problem could be.

Thanks.

Pete,

As you have stated you have your answer to the problem, but may I point out that the 20A fuse that you mention usually only carries power for the 12V element in the fridge. (That is the power used to cool the fridge when the engine is running.) I would not expect failure of this fuse to affect 240V or gas operation of the fridge. There is normally a second 12V control supply to the fridge for the control circuitry.

Alan

Archived