Sexual harassment/assault allegations - named in HoC

Bulletguy

I am beginning to think there is more to your distaste for or condemnation of lawyers than meets the eye Dave. Perhaps you have had a really bad experience or maybe you are swallowing whole the propaganda in popular media owned by people who have a personal axe to grind regarding lawyers who have successfully used the law to frustrate their commercial ambitions.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-10-29 5:25 PM

I am beginning to think there is more to your distaste for or condemnation of lawyers than meets the eye Dave. Perhaps you have had a really bad experience or maybe you are swallowing whole the propaganda in popular media owned by people who have a personal axe to grind regarding lawyers who have successfully used the law to frustrate their commercial ambitions.

Aaaaah it's propaganda now to point out how lawyers are screwing the taxpayer :D ..........

BTW I have only ever been in court twice ;-) .......once as a witness to a death of a motorcyclist........the second time was when a London company try to screw me for 300 quid >:-( ........

They sent their pet lawyer.... I represented myself........Guess who won :D .........

Kinda connected to that case I was also supposed to be a witness at the Old Bailey for a double murder......but I managed to kick them into touch too >:-) ......

I had a business to run :D .........

pelmetman - 2018-10-29 5:13 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-10-29 5:04 PM

pelmetman - 2018-10-29 4:52 PM...…………..."Legal draftsman/woman/person".......That would be a lawyer? ;-) .........

So, if you want a new house built, who would you employ to draw up the plans?

BTW the last lot of plans I had done were basically copies of what I'd given the Architects ;-) ..........

Jeeez.....yet another addition to your amazing cv. *-)

Some time sailor boy, part time bus driver, pelmet 'n puff knocker up....and now "architect". *-)

**edit.....oh blimey.....now a part time "lawyer" too. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-10-29 5:54 PM

pelmetman - 2018-10-29 4:52 PM...…………..."Legal draftsman/woman/person".......That would be a lawyer? ;-) .........

BTW the last lot of plans I had done were basically copies of what I'd given the Architects ;-) ..........

Some time sailor boy, part time bus driver, pelmet 'n puff knocker up....and now "architect". *-)

You forgot ;-) ...........Full time annoying Git :D .........

BTW I would never claim to be a lawyer 8-) .........

I have personal standards to uphold :-| .........

pelmetman - 2018-10-29 5:58 PM

An overestimate of your particular talents in yet another area Dave? ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-10-29 5:55 PM

Thanks Dave. I think I may have a reasonable idea about which of my two propositions applies. ;-)

Well you'd be wrong twice :D .........

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-10-29 6:01 PM

pelmetman - 2018-10-29 5:58 PM

An overestimate of your particular talents in yet another area Dave? ;-)

I never claimed to be good at it ;-) ..........

I suspect there's a few on here who would concur my talent :D ..........

Then you clearly have a hidden talent for design. Why didn't you make the application in your own name, many do? You could have saved the professional fee.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-10-29 6:10 PM

Then you clearly have a hidden talent for design. Why didn't you make the application in your own name, many do? You could have saved the professional fee.

I've dealt with planning before ;-) .........For a listed building 8-) ............

I know my own foibles well enough by now, to know that I'm best spending money on other folk to be nice to council wallahs.......... especially now I'm a old and grumpy annoying Git :D .........

Brian Kirby - 2018-10-29 6:10 PM

You'd have thought his 'expertise' in the legal field would have told him that. (lol)(lol)

John52 - 2018-11-03 9:10 AM

If you are interested in the thread topic this is worth reading... https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/02/philip-green-allegations-its-not-banter-its-a-climate-of-fear-say-staff

Must admit John as much as i dislike the man who has all the hallmarks of an arrogant bully boy, the type i suspect hid among a gang of older bigger lads (he's quite small in build) when at school, more has crept out into media now about the payouts he made......and they are mind blowing.

Been paid out with seven figure sums.....that's one hell of a pay out!! 8-)

Jeez i got just fifteen hundred quid after my employer admitted liability (to avoid legal proceedings) over a very serious H&S issue which put me in hospital. Wonder how much i'd get now if a woman pinched my bum.....a few hundred grand? No chance! More likely to get laughed at or told "bet you enjoyed that"!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/26/revealed-philip-green-paid-seven-figure-sums-to-silence-abuse-claims

Bulletguy - 2018-11-03 3:29 PM

If you are interested in the thread topic this is worth reading... https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/02/philip-green-allegations-its-not-banter-its-a-climate-of-fear-say-staff

Must admit John as much as i dislike the man who has all the hallmarks of an arrogant bully boy, the type i suspect hid among a gang of older bigger lads (he's quite small in build) when at school, more has crept out into media now about the payouts he made......and they are mind blowing.

Been paid out with seven figure sums.....that's one hell of a pay out!! 8-)

Jeez i got just fifteen hundred quid after my employer admitted liability (to avoid legal proceedings) over a very serious H&S issue which put me in hospital. Wonder how much i'd get now if a woman pinched my bum.....a few hundred grand? No chance! More likely to get laughed at or told "bet you enjoyed that"!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/26/revealed-philip-green-paid-seven-figure-sums-to-silence-abuse-claims

If a woman pinched your bum you could tell her to get lost / whatever.

Makes it so much worse when an employer abuses his power to force it on to people.

pelmetman - 2018-11-03 3:47 PM

I wonder how many Snowflakes would last a week on this forum? :D .........

Big difference is we are free to give as good as we get / whatever.

Not like an employer is abusing his power to force it on you.

Archived