UK Gov attempt to BLOCK reversal of Article 50 ECJ case

Bulletguy

Barryd999 - 2018-11-25 10:05 PM

pelmetman - 2018-11-25 8:06 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-11-25 6:33 PM

pelmetman - 2018-11-25 3:38 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-11-25 3:26 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-11-25 12:24 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-24 2:14 PM.........…………... In fact once it was known Banks was under criminal investigation, Brexit proceedings should have been put on hold as we still don't know whether democracy was subverted and May still hasn't given an answer as to why she blocked security services from investigating him two years ago. This appears to be getting swept under the carpet.

See here: http://tinyurl.com/yavg5t3t

A further case is being fast-tracked through the high court to determine whether, in view of Banks' shenanigans, the Article 50 notice was invalid. Apparently set to be heard before Christmas.

If only the UK government had observed UK law (made in our very own treasured parliament, of course, by our very own duly elected MPs), in exactly the way those who voted to be freed from EU laws wanted, they wouldn't be having these problems.

Instead, they seem to be riding roughshod over UK law in their anxiety to ram through Brexit. How foolish. What a disgrace that a UK government of whatever political persuasion (but especially the self-avowed party of law and order) has to be taken to court by its citizens to force it to comply with its own laws. What have we become?

What better Christmas present than to find that Brexit is simply "Void" and all because of the Criminal Arron Banks. Oh the irony.

Its a great get of jail free card for the Tories as well if Brexit is cancelled because of a corrupt campaign. Not our fault Gov.

Do you ACTUALLY THINK that if Brexit is thwarted the UK will go back to some pre Brexit La La Land Barry? >:-) .........

Probably after a few weeks of shouting and screaming. Despite what we might think on social media most of the country have lost interest. If we end up staying though I wouldn't be against reviewing the matter in say five years time. When you think about it, its without doubt that we have made a complete pigs ear of this attempt I dont think anyone can say otherwise. Better to live to fight another day and be better prepared than to continue now with this half arsed fudge.

Is it not better to leave ;-) ........and then you whinging Remoaners can tell us we told you so :D ...........

What are you afraid of? >:-) .........

Leave how though? Thats the six million dollar question. Nobody likes the deal Theresa is proposing and even less people seem to favour your Kamikaze cliff edge chaos no deal Brexit. If it comes to a choice of Theresa's deal or no deal though your option would be the fastest route to us rejoining so ill go for no deal in that case. Throws Ni under the bus but hopefully not for long.

Maybe you missed Brians link. In addition to what i opened this thread with, the criminal case against Banks could void the entire batty Brexit business and sink it for good.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-void-high-court-ruling-arron-banks-investigation-when-december-christmas-a8649001.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-25 9:08 PM

No you won't and you know you won't as that's been explained very clearly to you from Brian (it was noticed you were unable to dispute what he said too).

If we leave with no deal we will ;-) ...........

BTW I view Brian's propaganda with the same cynical eye as yours *-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-11-26 8:18 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-25 9:08 PM

No you won't and you know you won't as that's been explained very clearly to you from Brian (it was noticed you were unable to dispute what he said too).

If we leave with no deal we will ;-) ...........

BTW I view Brian's propaganda with the same cynical eye as yours *-) .........

I realise you are often away with the fairies in your parallel universe, but there never was nor is, any "£350 million a week", even though it said so on the side of big red bus. *-)

Brian spent far more time and patience than i have with you explaining this to you very clearly. So you cannot "take back control" of something that was never there in the first place. *-)

pelmetman - 2018-11-25 8:06 PM.........………….

1 Is it not better to leave ;-) ........and then you whinging Remoaners can tell us we told you so :D ...........

2 What are you afraid of? >:-) .........

On all present evidence, it is not better to leave. So leaving just so that we could say "I told you so" would be self destructive and highly irresponsible? We can't just join again, if leave turns out to be a bad and costly decision.

2 The economic consequences of leaving.

Brian Kirby - 2018-11-26 6:26 PM

1 Is it not better to leave ;-) ........and then you whinging Remoaners can tell us we told you so :D ...........

On all present evidence, it is not better to leave. So leaving just so that we could say "I told you so" would be self destructive and highly irresponsible? We can't just join again, if leave turns out to be a bad and costly decision.

His answer as posted elsewhere to the same was he "couldn't give a toss".....which begs the question why he bothered to vote in the first place! *-)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-11-26 6:26 PM

1......There is No "Evidence" ;-) ........Just Remoaner hyperbole *-) .........

2......The only known "Actual"economic consequences of leaving without a deal are...... we'll immediately take back control of £350 million a week, control of our borders, and our laws........

Not forgetting the Bruce'y bonus of saving £39 Billion >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-26 12:55 PM

I realise you are often away with the fairies in your parallel universe, but there never was nor is, any "£350 million a week", even though it said so on the side of big red bus. *-)

Brian spent far more time and patience than i have with you explaining this to you very clearly. So you cannot "take back control" of something that was never there in the first place. *-)

Just for a bit of clarity ;-) ........

Boris Johnson

September 17, 2017 ·

You may have seen the UK stats authority comments today. Here is my official reply back to Sir David Norgrove.

Dear Sir David

I must say that I was surprised and disappointed by your letter of today, since it was based on what appeared to be a wilful distortion of the text of my article.

When we spoke you conceded that you were more concerned by the headline and the BBC coverage, though you accepted that I was not responsible for those. I suggest if the BBC coverage offends you that you write to the BBC.

You say that I claim that there would be £350 million that "might be available for extra public spending" when we leave the EU.

This is a complete misrepresentation of what I said and I would like you to withdraw it. I in fact said : "once we have settled our accounts we will take back control of roughly £350m per week. It would be a fine thing, as many of us have pointed out, if a lot of that money went on the NHS. "

That is very different from claiming that there would be an extra £350m available for public spending and I am amazed that you should impute such a statement to me.

You claim in your defence that we would not really be taking back control of that sum, because it includes the rebate and other EU spending in this country. But, as you accept, these sums - amounting to about half the £350 million - are spent at the discretion of the EU. We do not control them.

To give you an example: when I was Mayor of London I thought it would be a good idea if we persuaded the Commission to spend £8m on the Emirates cable car. We succeeded, and the Commissioner concerned was so delighted with the results that he said he would like to fund some more cable cars in London. I was delighted, too, and was glad to have steered some of our EU contributions back to this country. But the decision was his. Control was in the hands of the Commission, not the UK. Or do you suggest otherwise ?

As for the balance of the £350 million, it of course disappears around the rest of the EU, and is spent as the EU sees fit in other countries. Once we leave the EU we will take back control of all such UK-funded spending, and, although of course I have no doubt that we will continue to spend significantly on UK priorities such as agriculture and research, that spending will be done under UK control.

As for the rebate - whose value you did not know - it only forms part of the EU’s financing arrangements with the agreement of all other EU Member States. We do not control it ourselves.

What is beyond doubt is that, upon withdrawal, we will have complete discretion over the £350m per week and that huge sums will indeed will be available for public spending on priorities such as the NHS. I believe that would be a fine thing.

If you had any concerns about my article, it would of course have been open to you to address the points with me in private rather than in this way in a public letter. As it is, if you seriously disagree with any of the above, I look forward to hearing your reasoning.

Boris Johnson

Secretary of State for Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs

:D ...........

pelmetman - 2018-11-27 8:24 AM

2......The only known "Actual"economic consequences of leaving without a deal are...... we'll immediately take back control of £350 million a week, control of our borders, and our laws........

1 There is, but you won't read/understand it.

2 Wrong, because the £350 million a week was a) £200 million a week, and b) not "actual", but a forecast.

The £39 billion is a consequence of the decision to leave the EU. It is not a fixed sum (it is calculated in €), and it is unlikely the sum payable would be any different were we to leave with no deal. It represents the value of future payments the UK had undertaken to make to the EU. If you withdraw from contractual commitments, you incur debts to the other party. If we leave, however we do so, the debt arises.

pelmetman - 2018-11-27 8:35 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-26 12:55 PM

Just for a bit of clarity ;-) ........

You'll note Brians post and respond? Be interesting to read your latest deflection as you''re running out off excuses.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-11-27 11:33 AM

2 Wrong, because the £350 million a week was a) £200 million a week, and b) not "actual", but a forecast.

The £39 billion is a consequence of the decision to leave the EU. It is not a fixed sum (it is calculated in €), and it is unlikely the sum payable would be any different were we to leave with no deal. It represents the value of future payments the UK had undertaken to make to the EU. If you withdraw from contractual commitments, you incur debts to the other party. If we leave, however we do so, the debt arises.

1.....Sadly you confuse understanding propaganda Brian ;-) .......With believing it *-) .......

2....Mere semantic's depending on which ONS dodgy book you take your figures from >:-) ......

3.....What are they gonna do if we don't pay it ? :-| ........

Invade? :D .......

They haven't got an army yet B-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-11-27 7:01 PM

1.....Sadly you confuse understanding propaganda Brian ;-) .......With believing it *-) .......

2....Mere semantic's depending on which ONS dodgy book you take your figures from >:-) ......

Just as i thought......more Mad Hatter deflection and waffle. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-27 8:22 PM

Just as I thought........more Bulletsh*t :D .........

pelmetman - 2018-11-27 8:40 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-27 8:22 PM

Just as I thought........more Bulletsh*t :D .........

Put your bottles away.......you've run out of brain cells. *-)

pelmetman - 2018-11-27 7:01 PM..................….

3.....What are they gonna do if we don't pay it ? :-| ........Invade? :D .......They haven't got an army yet B-) ........

1 I don't think so, but I think you may be confusing evidence with proof positive.

2 No, not semantics. One figure is gross, and makes no allowance for what comes back. The other is net, and takes into account what comes back. You claim to have run your own business, so I assume you must know the difference.

3 Apply punitive tariffs on all our exports to EU states, or similar, would appear just a bit more probable. Hardly a good way to protect UK jobs, don't you think?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-11-28 6:05 PM

pelmetman - 2018-11-27 7:01 PM..................….

3.....What are they gonna do if we don't pay it ? :-| ........Invade? :D .......They haven't got an army yet B-) ........

1 I don't think so, but I think you may be confusing evidence with proof positive.

2 No, not semantics. One figure is gross, and makes no allowance for what comes back. The other is net, and takes into account what comes back. You claim to have run your own business, so I assume you must know the difference.

3 Apply punitive tariffs on all our exports to EU states, or similar, would appear just a bit more probable. Hardly a good way to protect UK jobs, don't you think?

1.......There is No evidence ;-) ..........We haven't Left yet :D .......

2.......Yes.....and I know the difference between a fixed overhead and a unnecessary expense *-) ........

3.......As a Net importer any tariff war will mean "kaching" for UK plc B-) ..........Which of course we could use as bungs to support UK businesses.......Something which the EU forbids >:-) .......

Unless they do it >:-( .......

Archived