Everyone should watch and share this

Barryd999

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 6:49 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-04 6:29 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 5:10 PM....................Or it could just be a change of leader B-) .........

So, who are you backing for the new leader? Then we'll know the worth of your judgements! :-D

Not overly fussed ;-) ........

So long as they're a proper Brexiteer B-) .........

Remoaners trying to do a Brexiteers job is why we are where we are *-) ........

What do you think a Brexiteer leader would be able to do differently now Dave now that Parliament have control? You got what you wanted though. Parliament has proven how sovereign it is today.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2018-12-04 4:59 PM

antony1969 - 2018-12-03 12:33 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-12-03 12:27 PM

antony1969 - 2018-12-03 11:40 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-12-03 10:32 AM

Well whether you believe the polls or not by January if nobody changes their mind there will not be a majority in favour of Brexit simply on the number of voters that have died and new voters that are eligible to vote. Polls are more accurate now than they were in 2016 as well.

As I said though any vote now is going to be on the choices of a crap deal, no deal or remaining and the only one with a huge majority out of those three will be remain. you will never get a majority for Mays deal or no deal.

I dont understand why you feel the need to tell us anything about Brexit given what youve posted ... "the only one with a huge majority out of those three will be remain" ... So whats your problem ??? ... Youve already told us a Labour government will be in power before Brexit in 116 days ... Its all going rosy for ya so why stress ???

Because I enjoy the debate Antony! Anyway there is no certainty there will be a second vote so we have to keep pushing for one. I could ask the same of the Brexiteers. They seem certain they will win another vote so whats their problem with having one? I am not sure they have counted on there being two leave options though with not a cat in hells chance of a majority for either or combined probably. It would be fairer to just have two options really and Im good with that as long as one of them is remain.

Theresa is still repeating the mantra this morning that there will not be a second vote but I still cant make up my mind if she is playing a remainer long game or is just a bat sh1t crazy Brexiteers now. If the latter she is doing a crap job for your lot so far.

I do not know if there will be a Labour Government within 116 days but its quite possible as is just about anything now really.

I wasn't questioning your debate enjoyment just why any debate is required when youve already told us whats going to happen though you do now seem to have changed your Labour Government stance somewhat

I told you ages ago that it was a distinct possibility and you fell about laughing. I never said it was certain but right now it seems one of several possible outcomes. I bet your not laughing now though huh? (lol)

Somethings got to give soon. all the options are terrible apart from remaining in the EU. Could be a change of government, could be article 50 is extended for a second referendum. The EU have long agreed that this is possible for either scenario or as we have found out today we can just revoke Article 50 on our own and pretend it never happened. That would be the easiest option.

Nope you told us all Labour would be in Government before Brexit in March with a monkey in charge ... If thats not certain I dont know what is

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-04 10:59 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 5:10 PM....................Or it could just be a change of leader B-) .........

So, who are you backing for the new leader? Then we'll know the worth of your judgements! :-D

What do you think a Brexiteer leader would be able to do differently now Dave now that Parliament have control? You got what you wanted though. Parliament has proven how sovereign it is today.

But it hasn't.....has it ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-12-05 9:33 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-12-04 10:59 PM

But it hasn't.....has it ;-) ........

Well it has as far as your no deal is concerned.

antony1969 - 2018-12-05 6:16 AM

Well whether you believe the polls or not by January if nobody changes their mind there will not be a majority in favour of Brexit simply on the number of voters that have died and new voters that are eligible to vote. Polls are more accurate now than they were in 2016 as well.

As I said though any vote now is going to be on the choices of a crap deal, no deal or remaining and the only one with a huge majority out of those three will be remain. you will never get a majority for Mays deal or no deal.

I dont understand why you feel the need to tell us anything about Brexit given what youve posted ... "the only one with a huge majority out of those three will be remain" ... So whats your problem ??? ... Youve already told us a Labour government will be in power before Brexit in 116 days ... Its all going rosy for ya so why stress ???

Because I enjoy the debate Antony! Anyway there is no certainty there will be a second vote so we have to keep pushing for one. I could ask the same of the Brexiteers. They seem certain they will win another vote so whats their problem with having one? I am not sure they have counted on there being two leave options though with not a cat in hells chance of a majority for either or combined probably. It would be fairer to just have two options really and Im good with that as long as one of them is remain.

Theresa is still repeating the mantra this morning that there will not be a second vote but I still cant make up my mind if she is playing a remainer long game or is just a bat sh1t crazy Brexiteers now. If the latter she is doing a crap job for your lot so far.

I do not know if there will be a Labour Government within 116 days but its quite possible as is just about anything now really.

I wasn't questioning your debate enjoyment just why any debate is required when youve already told us whats going to happen though you do now seem to have changed your Labour Government stance somewhat

I told you ages ago that it was a distinct possibility and you fell about laughing. I never said it was certain but right now it seems one of several possible outcomes. I bet your not laughing now though huh? (lol)

Somethings got to give soon. all the options are terrible apart from remaining in the EU. Could be a change of government, could be article 50 is extended for a second referendum. The EU have long agreed that this is possible for either scenario or as we have found out today we can just revoke Article 50 on our own and pretend it never happened. That would be the easiest option.

Nope you told us all Labour would be in Government before Brexit in March with a monkey in charge ... If thats not certain I dont know what is

Well Corbyn is a bit of a Chimp. Could happen still.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-05 12:41 PM

antony1969 - 2018-12-05 6:16 AM

Well Corbyn is a bit of a Chimp. Could happen still.

Corbyn wont "win" a election ;-) .......he'll only reach number 10 by default :-| ........

Coz if you do manage to prevent Brexit then the Tories UKIP voters will desert them again >:-) ........

So the country will have to endure a regime far worse than Brexit >:-) .........

Glad I've got my padron and a escape route B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-12-05 3:54 PM...……………...So the country will have to endure a regime far worse than Brexit >:-) .........

No, not worse than Brexit (which I thought you think good, not bad :-)) but possibly an expedient (though IMO undesirable) way to escape Brexit.

A Corbyn government would last five years max, after which, if it cocks-up, it can be changed. Brexit is irreversible, so if it cocks-up, everyone loses - basically for ever. It is a choice between limited short term damage, and permanent damage. No brainer, really!

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-05 4:45 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-05 3:54 PM...……………...So the country will have to endure a regime far worse than Brexit >:-) .........

No, not worse than Brexit (which I thought you think good, not bad :-)) but possibly an expedient (though IMO undesirable) way to escape Brexit.

A Corbyn government would last five years max, after which, if it cocks-up, it can be changed. Brexit is irreversible, so if it cocks-up, everyone loses - basically for ever. It is a choice between limited short term damage, and permanent damage. No brainer, really!

Exactly. Guardian live today stated only 38% of the public still think Brexit is a good idea. Corbyn should come all out against Brexit and he will probably win. Or better still just clear off and let Starmer take over then Labour will definitely win.

Guest pelmetman

So 5 years serious Corbyn damage is better than Brexit, that you think might damage the UK? ;-) .......

Coz unless we leave you wont "Actually" know will you Brian? *-) ...........

I'm kinda looking forward to a Corbyn government now >:-) .........

Viewed from Spain of course B-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-05 4:52 PM

Exactly. Guardian live today stated only 38% of the public still think Brexit is a good idea. Corbyn should come all out against Brexit and he will probably win. Or better still just clear off and let Starmer take over then Labour will definitely win.

Is that 38% of Guardian readers? :D ...........

pelmetman - 2018-12-05 5:00 PM

So 5 years serious Corbyn damage is better than Brexit, that you think might damage the UK? ;-) .......

There's no "might" about it.....Brexit shenanigans has already damaged UK. What Brian said makes perfect sense and logic though i don't expect you to comprehend it.

pelmetman - 2018-12-05 5:00 PM...………………..So 5 years serious Corbyn damage is better than Brexit, that you think might damage the UK? ;-) .......

Coz unless we leave you wont "Actually" know will you Brian? *-) ...........

I'm kinda looking forward to a Corbyn government now >:-) .........

Viewed from Spain of course B-) .........

Well yes, "might" because that is what the forecasts point to. It is possible they may turn out to be wrong.

So with your fears about the outcome of a Corbyn government, except there aren't even any forecasts to point to. It's all in your head which, so far as I know, is not that of an economist - even a bad one!

But then, unless we actually get a Corbyn government you won't actually know, will you? :-)

So, where does that get us? Back to the fact that Corbyn's government would only last five years and then has an escape clause, while Brexit lasts forever and has no escape clause.

So I'll take the risk on Corbyn if I have to, because what one government could do to the economy in its lifetime pales into insignificance compared with what Brexit could do over an indefinite timescale. Still a no brainer for me! :-) Stop digging? :-D

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-05 6:32 PM

There's no "might" about it.....Brexit shenanigans has already damaged UK. What Brian said makes perfect sense and logic though i don't expect you to comprehend it.

There's no might about a Corbyn government damaging the UK PLC 8-) ........

Where as since the Brexit vote our economy has ticked over nicely.......employment is at levels last seen in the 70's........exports are up.........borrowing is finally coming down after repairing the damage caused by the last Labour government >:-) ..........

Have you forgotten this? *-) .........

1943916968_nomoneyleft.jpg.557bfc508a742aca9b8b8a6163556b5a.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-12-05 6:53 PM

But then, unless we actually get a Corbyn government you won't actually know, will you? :-)

I've had several experiences of a Labour government 8-) .........

Have you had any experience of Brexit? >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-12-05 6:53 PM

I've had several experiences of a Labour government 8-) .........

Have you had any experience of Brexit? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-12-05 6:56 PM

Where as since the Brexit vote our economy has ticked over nicely.......employment is at levels last seen in the 70's........exports are up.........borrowing is finally coming down after repairing the damage caused by the last Labour government >:-) ..........

This (very weak) government has been in a kind of 'power' for eight years now so playing the blame game won't wash and it's not quite the Alice in Wonderland picture you like to paint and want to believe.

Since the referendum strong growth relative to other G7 economies has tailed off. Financial Times research has shown that by the end of the first quarter, the UK economy was between 1 and 1.5 per cent smaller than it would have been without the Brexit vote, although some independent estimates, such as a recent report from the Centre for European Reform, suggest the hit could have been as large as 2.5 per cent.

Brexit-supporting chief economist Julian Jessop said, “the UK economy has probably grown more slowly due to the additional inflation prompted by sterling’s fall, and the heightened uncertainty,”

Full time jobs numbers now appear to be tailing off, with overall employment growing by only 3,000 in the second quarter of 2018 compared with a rise of almost 150,000 from January to March.

Although wage growth has risen a little, real wage increases dropped away after the Brexit vote as inflation climbed well above the Bank of England’s 2 per cent target. Prices rises have recently exceeded expectations and wage increases have been struggling to match them. Households are now having to borrow more than they save.

Companies are reluctant to invest. Business investment continues to disappoint, with the volume of plant, machinery and new buildings having barely grown in the UK since the EU referendum.

https://www.ft.com/content/cf51e840-7147-11e7-93ff-99f383b09ff9

UK export growth tumbles to lowest level since Brexit vote

A study by accountancy and business advice firm BDO found that export growth in the UK had “slowed significantly”, performing the worst out of Europe’s five largest economies – placed behind Germany, France, Italy and Spain.

The figure has now plummeted consistently since the beginning of last year – falling a total of 15.8 index points since Q1 2017 – according to the company’s European Export Index.

Peter Hemington, a partner at BDO, said: “UK export growth is on a downwards trajectory and has now hit its lowest level since the UK decided to leave the EU."

http://www.cityam.com/263489/uk-export-growth-tumbles-lowest-level-since-brexit-vote

One third of UK export firms have already lost business directly due to Brexit

A major study has revealed how British manufacturers that boost UK exports by £52bn a year have already suffered a major loss in both business and investment as a direct consequence of Brexit.

The survey of around one thousand companies exporting industrial products found Brexit meant many have already seen export sales fall, some by up to 30 per cent.

The thousand UK companies represented by the 13 trade associations – making up, in value terms, a fifth of all UK manufactured goods exporters – employ 1.1 million workers and generate £52bn worth of UK exports per year.

But the survey showed almost 30 per cent of those export firms who were able to provide data have already lost business directly as a consequence of Brexit – and a third have already experienced a Brexit-driven fall in investment.

Some 22 per cent of them have already lost up to 10 per cent of their export trade as a direct result of Brexit, the survey showed, and a further 6 per cent have lost between 10 and 30 per cent of their export sales.

Companies are also fearful of losing access to EU workers. Forty per cent of firms said they would experience a shortage of skilled workers if access to EU labour became less easy.

Thirty per cent of firms revealed that their operations actually require them to send employees to work elsewhere in the European Union on short-term arrangements and/or receive EU workers in the UK for similar short-term roles. Many companies are now concerned that Brexit might impede this practice.

“UK manufacturing is embedded into complex supply chains across the EU.

“It is not a choice of exporting to Europe OR the rest of the world. If we become less competitive in the EU, we will be less competitive in other international markets,” says the report.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-uk-economy-damage-business-eu-manufacturing-international-trade-a8531211.html

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-05 8:38 PM

This (very weak) government has been in a kind of 'power' for eight years now so playing the blame game won't wash and it's not quite the Alice in Wonderland picture you like to paint and want to believe.

Since the referendum strong growth relative to other G7 economies has tailed off. Financial Times research has shown that by the end of the first quarter, the UK economy was between 1 and 1.5 per cent smaller than it would have been without the Brexit vote, although some independent estimates, such as a recent report from the Centre for European Reform, suggest the hit could have been as large as 2.5 per cent.

Brexit-supporting chief economist Julian Jessop said, “the UK economy has probably grown more slowly due to the additional inflation prompted by sterling’s fall, and the heightened uncertainty,”

Full time jobs numbers now appear to be tailing off, with overall employment growing by only 3,000 in the second quarter of 2018 compared with a rise of almost 150,000 from January to March.

Although wage growth has risen a little, real wage increases dropped away after the Brexit vote as inflation climbed well above the Bank of England’s 2 per cent target. Prices rises have recently exceeded expectations and wage increases have been struggling to match them. Households are now having to borrow more than they save.

Companies are reluctant to invest. Business investment continues to disappoint, with the volume of plant, machinery and new buildings having barely grown in the UK since the EU referendum.

A study by accountancy and business advice firm BDO found that export growth in the UK had “slowed significantly”, performing the worst out of Europe’s five largest economies – placed behind Germany, France, Italy and Spain.

The figure has now plummeted consistently since the beginning of last year – falling a total of 15.8 index points since Q1 2017 – according to the company’s European Export Index.

Peter Hemington, a partner at BDO, said: “UK export growth is on a downwards trajectory and has now hit its lowest level since the UK decided to leave the EU."

http://www.cityam.com/263489/uk-export-growth-tumbles-lowest-level-since-brexit-vote

A major study has revealed how British manufacturers that boost UK exports by £52bn a year have already suffered a major loss in both business and investment as a direct consequence of Brexit.

The survey of around one thousand companies exporting industrial products found Brexit meant many have already seen export sales fall, some by up to 30 per cent.

The thousand UK companies represented by the 13 trade associations – making up, in value terms, a fifth of all UK manufactured goods exporters – employ 1.1 million workers and generate £52bn worth of UK exports per year.

But the survey showed almost 30 per cent of those export firms who were able to provide data have already lost business directly as a consequence of Brexit – and a third have already experienced a Brexit-driven fall in investment.

Some 22 per cent of them have already lost up to 10 per cent of their export trade as a direct result of Brexit, the survey showed, and a further 6 per cent have lost between 10 and 30 per cent of their export sales.

Companies are also fearful of losing access to EU workers. Forty per cent of firms said they would experience a shortage of skilled workers if access to EU labour became less easy.

Thirty per cent of firms revealed that their operations actually require them to send employees to work elsewhere in the European Union on short-term arrangements and/or receive EU workers in the UK for similar short-term roles. Many companies are now concerned that Brexit might impede this practice.

“It is not a choice of exporting to Europe OR the rest of the world. If we become less competitive in the EU, we will be less competitive in other international markets,” says the report.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-uk-economy-damage-business-eu-manufacturing-international-trade-a8531211.html

Blah blah blah *-) .........I prefer to get my info from the coal face ;-) ........and currently there's no reports of a downturn in business B-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-12-05 8:59 PM

Blah blah blah *-) .........

Head in sand, fingers in ears........why am i not surprised at your reaction? *-)

Here is a shorter read for you....still no snappy headers or pictures for you to gaze at i'm afraid, but give it a go. Lots of embedded links you'd be wise to look at.

If people really had the first idea of what "no deal" actually meant, in detail, there would be such a storm of protest that no politician could even think of pursuing this line. But as long as they have their heads in the sand and, with the complicity of the media, practice mushroom management on the rest of us, the coming disaster will be on us before the majority realise how damaging it will be.

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86937

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-05 9:13 PM

Head in sand, fingers in ears........why am i not surprised at your reaction? *-)

Here is a shorter read for you....still no snappy headers or pictures for you to gaze at i'm afraid, but give it a go. Lots of embedded links you'd be wise to look at.

If people really had the first idea of what "no deal" actually meant, in detail, there would be such a storm of protest that no politician could even think of pursuing this line. But as long as they have their heads in the sand and, with the complicity of the media, practice mushroom management on the rest of us, the coming disaster will be on us before the majority realise how damaging it will be.

I don't need a snappy version Bullet *-) ........I live in the reality ;-) ........

BTW your neglecting your bullying thread :D .........

pelmetman - 2018-12-05 9:16 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-12-05 9:13 PM

I don't need a snappy version Bullet *-) ........I live in the reality ;-) ........

BTW your neglecting your bullying thread :D .........

Your parallel universe is devoid of reality and as for 'neglecting' a thread......no i'm simply ignoring two very juvenile posters baiting and disrupting in their usual manner that hijacked a thread. Time the pair of you left your playpen and went off to cuddle corner with each other in your nursery so the adults can resume mature debating. You're both way out of your comfort zone.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-05 9:56 PM

Your parallel universe is devoid of reality and as for 'neglecting' a thread......no i'm simply ignoring two very juvenile posters baiting and disrupting in their usual manner that hijacked a thread. Time the pair of you left your playpen and went off to cuddle corner with each other in your nursery so the adults can resume mature debating. You're both way out of your comfort zone.

So you have nothing to say about a Muslim school girl beating up a British school girl?........

There's no ignoring your hypocrisy *-) ...........

And as the title thread says........"Everyone should watch and share this" ;-) ..........

https://twitter.com/phil_smith197/status/1070044490495352834

pelmetman - 2018-12-06 8:31 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-12-05 9:56 PM

So you have nothing to say about a Muslim school girl beating up a British school girl?........

There's no ignoring your hypocrisy *-) ...........

And as the title thread says........"Everyone should watch and share this" ;-) ..........

That's this thread title, the subject of which you obviously found amusing as you described the topic (calling human beings 'cockroaches' and 'rats') as "funny".

There isn't a thread on what you mention, so why not make one of your own?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-12-06 4:00 PM

Have you forgotten this? *-) .........

Can't you understand nothing in the kitty is far better than the debt mountain the Tories have rung up since?

That debt mountain was caused by the apparent need to prop up the banks, because Brown gave free rein to the spiv's >:-) ............and don't start blathering on about Osbourne *-) ..........

LABOUR WAS IN CHARGE........and the country ended up broke AGAIN 8-) ..........

Archived