Bercow says 'arguable case' government guilty of contempt

Bulletguy

antony1969 - 2018-12-05 2:19 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-12-05 1:04 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-05 9:21 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-12-04 10:38 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 6:42 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-04 6:38 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-12-04 6:25 PM..................So lets recap on todays events.

Government in contempt and has to show legal advice

Article 50 can be revoked unilaterally (yet to be confirmed by ECJ but most likely)

EU have also said we can keep our rebate.

Dominic Grieves amendment give Parliament control after Mays deal fails and renders No Deal impossible.

This doesn't necessarily mean Brexit is off of course but it could well mean the softest Brexit possible so in which case we may as well not bother.

Good summary Barry. What is the point of leaving on a basis that leaves us as a rule taker (about the only aspect of Brexit on which I agree with Jacob Rees-Mogg), with no say in formulating the rules, when it will cost us all money? For what, exactly?

Which is why No Deal is the only way to deliver what the 52% Voted for ;-) ...........

You keep assuming that everyone of those 17m+ voted for the same headbanger no deal you voted for. Its simply not true either in Parliament or with the public. Anyway it doesnt matter now as No Deal died today.

In correct ;-) ...........

As Raab and Leadsom confirmed this morning.......Grieves amendment is not "legally" binding >:-) .........

So its still May's deal......or......No Deal .........and seeing as May's deal is looking unlikely.......that means.........No Deal is the only option left without legislation B-) ...........

114 days to go......tick tock :D ........

Apparently the legal advice they tried so hard to hide states that Parliament can force the government to withdraw A50 without any new legislation.

Add to that the upcoming ECJ ruling and the Grieve amendment and you get to no deal is the least possible outcome.

JP Morgan now have no deal at a 10% chance. No deal is dead. (ish) (lol)

Its all moving faster than anyone can keep up with and more and more complex so by Tea Time no deal might be very dead. :D

My guess is its going to be Mays Deal with maybe some different words on it or No Brexit or Article 50 gets extended or even revoked.

So not yesterdays dead but dead(ish) ... You ever thought your guilty of peddling the misinformation and lies you claim the leave side are guilty of and that you whinge so much about

It is pretty much dead. How many times have we heard you Brexiteers saying "its definitely going to be no deal" etc or that we will definitely be leaving on March 29th? Truth is its changing by the hour so nothing is 100% certain but Brexit took a proper bashing yesterday, the public are turning against it and the options for a crash out Brexit or any Brexit are quickly disappearing

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2018-12-05 3:44 PM

Article 50 can be revoked unilaterally (yet to be confirmed by ECJ but most likely)

Dominic Grieves amendment give Parliament control after Mays deal fails and renders No Deal impossible.

This doesn't necessarily mean Brexit is off of course but it could well mean the softest Brexit possible so in which case we may as well not bother.

Good summary Barry. What is the point of leaving on a basis that leaves us as a rule taker (about the only aspect of Brexit on which I agree with Jacob Rees-Mogg), with no say in formulating the rules, when it will cost us all money? For what, exactly?

Which is why No Deal is the only way to deliver what the 52% Voted for ;-) ...........

You keep assuming that everyone of those 17m+ voted for the same headbanger no deal you voted for. Its simply not true either in Parliament or with the public. Anyway it doesnt matter now as No Deal died today.

As Raab and Leadsom confirmed this morning.......Grieves amendment is not "legally" binding >:-) .........

So its still May's deal......or......No Deal .........and seeing as May's deal is looking unlikely.......that means.........No Deal is the only option left without legislation B-) ...........

Apparently the legal advice they tried so hard to hide states that Parliament can force the government to withdraw A50 without any new legislation.

Add to that the upcoming ECJ ruling and the Grieve amendment and you get to no deal is the least possible outcome.

Its all moving faster than anyone can keep up with and more and more complex so by Tea Time no deal might be very dead. :D

My guess is its going to be Mays Deal with maybe some different words on it or No Brexit or Article 50 gets extended or even revoked.

I guess we'll have to wait and see ;-) ..........

Have you thought how stopping Brexit will play out with the 17.4 million who voted for it? :-| .........

If you Remoaners think stopping Brexit will mean you've won.......then your seriously deluded >:-) ........

I'm not interested in "winning" something just stopping my country doing itself huge self harm for no gain whatsoever. We will just return to normal, nobody will have won or lost anything we will have just averted certain catastrophic damage.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-05 5:05 PM

So not yesterdays dead but dead(ish) ... You ever thought your guilty of peddling the misinformation and lies you claim the leave side are guilty of and that you whinge so much about

It is pretty much dead. How many times have we heard you Brexiteers saying "its definitely going to be no deal" etc or that we will definitely be leaving on March 29th? Truth is its changing by the hour so nothing is 100% certain but Brexit took a proper bashing yesterday, the public are turning against it and the options for a crash out Brexit or any Brexit are quickly disappearing

114 days to go........I always expected it to get messy ;-) ............

My guess is Mrs May will eventually get the push........even she's not daft enough to call an election :-| ..........

So it'll be a leadership challenge B-) ..........

Maybe that 15 quid will prove to be a good investment >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-05 5:07 PM

Have you thought how stopping Brexit will play out with the 17.4 million who voted for it? :-| .........

If you Remoaners think stopping Brexit will mean you've won.......then your seriously deluded >:-) ........

I'm not interested in "winning" something just stopping my country doing itself huge self harm for no gain whatsoever. We will just return to normal, nobody will have won or lost anything we will have just averted certain catastrophic damage.

In your dreams Barry ;-) .........Pandora's box has been opened >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-12-05 4:30 PM

At its core, Brexit now appears a completely unnecessary vanity project from which no-one would actually benefit, and many would probably lose.

Well it would to a Federalist *-) ...............

Do you like being British Brian? :-S .........

Barryd999 - 2018-12-05 5:07 PM

"We will just return to normal" ... All those problems will still be there Barry that those nasty leave voters voted on ... You really think we will return to your "normal"

Barryd999 - 2018-12-05 5:05 PM

Show me where us Brexiteers have said "its definitely going to be a no deal" ... I haven't and dont recall it being said by anyone else on here ... More lies and misinformation Barry me thinks

Guest pelmetman
snowie - 2018-12-05 5:31 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 8:12 AM

With a bit of luck Theresa the Appeaser will finally get the push, and we can get a Brexiteer into do the job properly B-) ........

Tory men don’t have the balls for the job do they!

Snowie

Maybe not enough at the moment ;-) ............

But now the truth is out about Theresa the Appeaser *-) ..........

Hopefully the fence sitters will grow some B-) ..........

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-05 3:38 PM

teflon2 - 2018-12-04 6:56 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-12-04 6:25 PM

Makes no odds now who is in charge. No deal is now officially dead.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1054309/brexit-news-no-deal-brexit-vote-explained-dominic-grieve-theresa-may-eu-deal

Grieve has saved the day.

So lets recap on todays events.

This doesn't necessarily mean Brexit is off of course but it could well mean the softest Brexit possible so in which case we may as well not bothe

Eh despite voting against himself ? HYPOCRITE ? . Read your link properly before using this man as an example. :-|

Two definitions of hypocrite.

1 a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

2.a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Neither fits Grieve's stance.

What he has actually done is to very publicly change his mind. That is not hypocrisy, it is bowing to reason.

Too much name calling by Brexiters, I think.[/quote

Brian you could look up the meaning of hypocrisy and it describes exactly what he has done so surely that makes him a hypocrite. ;-)

teflon2 - 2018-12-05 6:56 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1054309/brexit-news-no-deal-brexit-vote-explained-dominic-grieve-theresa-may-eu-deal

This doesn't necessarily mean Brexit is off of course but it could well mean the softest Brexit possible so in which case we may as well not bothe

Eh despite voting against himself ? HYPOCRITE ? . Read your link properly before using this man as an example. :-|

1 a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

2.a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

What he has actually done is to very publicly change his mind. That is not hypocrisy, it is bowing to reason.

Too much name calling by Brexiters, I think.

Brian you could look up the meaning of hypocrisy and it describes exactly what he has done so surely that makes him a hypocrite. ;-)

I did look it up, just to be sure, and that is what I quoted above. He has not "pretended" or "feigned", he has changed his mind. That is not hypocrisy; it is wisdom in the face of chaos.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-12-05 7:04 PM

I did look it up, just to be sure, and that is what I quoted above. He has not "pretended" or "feigned", he has changed his mind. That is not hypocrisy; it is wisdom in the face of chaos.

He's changed his mind? :-S ........

He's a Remoaner.......He's still a Remoaner.......He's just doing anything he can to prevent Brexit *-) ......

He's a typical anti democracy Remoaner HYPOCRITE >:-) ........

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-05 7:04 PM

Cambridge English dictionary. Quote, " or is the opposite of what they say or do another time". and so to bed. (^)

Which, as with the Arron Banks business, begs the question why?? What are they so afraid of the electorate knowing? I used to believe i lived in a democratic country but increasingly having grave doubts over the interpretation of it by certain members of this government. May achieved a unprecedented historic moment yesterday in Westminster......and for all the wrong reasons.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-05 8:56 PM

Which, as with the Arron Banks business, begs the question why?? What are they so afraid of the electorate knowing? I used to believe i lived in a democratic country but increasingly having grave doubts over the interpretation of it by certain members of this government. May achieved a unprecedented historic moment yesterday in Westminster......and for all the wrong reasons.

Give over Bullet *-) ........Mr Banks didn't make me vote for Brexit ;-) .......and he wont make me vote Brexit if there is another referendum tomorrow :-| ........I'll vote for Brexit of my own free will B-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-12-05 9:04 PM

Give over Bullet *-) ........Mr Banks didn't make me vote for Brexit ;-) .......

I doubt he made anyone "vote for Brexit"....but the source of his funding of the campaign is currently the subject of a criminal investigation....and that is an extremely serious matter. Just as is May avoidance in coming clean as to why she stopped security services investigating him two years ago.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-05 9:22 PM

Give over Bullet *-) ........Mr Banks didn't make me vote for Brexit ;-) .......

I doubt he made anyone "vote for Brexit"....but the source of his funding of the campaign is currently the subject of a criminal investigation....and that is an extremely serious matter. Just as is May avoidance in coming clean as to why she stopped security services investigating him two years ago.

So did he spend more of "his" income?........Than Cameron spent of taxpayers money? ;-) ..........

I know which one of those two are morally reprehensible.........and its not Banks >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-12-05 9:27 PM

So did he spend more of "his" income?........Than Cameron spent of taxpayers money? ;-) ..........

I know which one of those two are morally reprehensible.........and its not Banks >:-) .........

It's obvious from your reply you haven't a clue on what this is about have you? And given your inane silly tweet like replies to other posts, i'm loathe to even bother explaining. :-|

You've got a computer (of some sort), able to access the internet for racist and xenophobic bile, so should be able to figure out how to source information on the case against Banks.....tho' somehow doubt your ability. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-05 10:07 PM

It's obvious from your reply you haven't a clue on what this is about have you? And given your inane silly tweet like replies to other posts, i'm loathe to even bother explaining. :-|

You've got a computer (of some sort), able to access the internet for racist and xenophobic bile, so should be able to figure out how to source information on the case against Banks.....tho' somehow doubt your ability. *-)

Why would I want to google "Remoaner Witch Hunt" because that's all it is *-) ...........

You Remoaners do realise that if you manage to prevent Brexit you'll only have won a Battle? ;-) .........

Not the War >:-) .........

113 days......ticktock :D ..........

Give over Bullet *-) ........Mr Banks didn't make me vote for Brexit ;-) .......and he wont make me vote Brexit if there is another referendum tomorrow :-| ........I'll vote for Brexit of my own free will B-) .........

Vote leave and Banks were (are) as bent as a nine bob note and it looks like its going to come back and bite them on the arse. (lol) https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vote-leave-referendum-overspending-high-court-brexit-legal-challenge-void-oxford-professor-a8668771.html?amp

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-06 10:12 AM

Vote leave and Banks were (are) as bent as a nine bob note and it looks like its going to come back and bite them on the arse. (lol) https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vote-leave-referendum-overspending-high-court-brexit-legal-challenge-void-oxford-professor-a8668771.html?amp

Oh.....a Remoaner professor say's *-) .........

It's funny how you hypocrites are not bothered by the 9 million of taxpayers money Cameron spent.......at least Banks only spent HIS money >:-) .......

Eh ... Remain spent millions more than leave when taking into account our governments money used to con some into voting remain yet they still lost by over a million votes !!! ... By that reckoning if spending had been the same leave would have won by a bigger margin ... Lordy

pelmetman - 2018-12-06 12:27 PM

It's funny how you hypocrites are not bothered by the 9 million of taxpayers money Cameron spent.......at least Banks only spent HIS money >:-) .......

Did they break the law?

pelmetman - 2018-12-06 8:25 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-12-05 10:07 PM

Why would I want to google "Remoaner Witch Hunt" because that's all it is *-) ...........

It's an ongoing investigation into matters concerning possible criminal offences and that 'bit' seems to be beyond you. It's not a civil matter. You're burying your head in the sand hoping it will all go away....it won't. Are you now saying that you want 'your' Brexit even if achieved off the back of criminality? No matter how you try to dress it up, that's subverting democracy, something you supposedly 'cherished', and indicative of the sheer desperation and depths Brexiters have plummeted.

You Remoaners do realise that if you manage to prevent Brexit you'll only have won a Battle? ;-) ........

Not the War >:-) .........

I appreciate you did as you were told last night and left your playpen the same time as your little 'friend', but expected you might have come back with a refreshed more adult mind today, but see that hasn't happened.

......ticktock :D ..........

You should be more careful on a public forum. The police take a pretty dim view of things like that.

Barryd999 - 2018-12-06 3:27 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-06 12:27 PM

Did they break the law?

Neither of the two batty boys have quite 'got' this yet. They still think it's about the amount of money and don't understand it isn't. *-)

Archived