autotrail cheyenne water pump select??

sreve

Hi there

I have a 2005 autotrail cheyenne with a sargent ec200 control pane and have been looking on my control panel and have no idea what the display means by "pump select ", " pump selec t " and "water tank fill ".I read somewhere that the "water tank fill " means that the external pump will fill the internal tank from the external tank for 1 minute.I have no idea what this means and i didn't even realise there was an internal and an external water tank. Whenever we have been away i just fill the tank with a hose into the filler and everything works fine.

Am i missing something here or should i be doing something that i'm not?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much keith for the reply that's just the info i needed.

One more thing you may be able to help me with.What is the narrow hinged panel under the rear number plate for,i have a key to open it but there doesn't seem to be anything of any significance in there.Also can you confirm for me that there isn't an inspection hatch or lid into the freshwater tank from inside the van.

Thanks

sreve - 2018-12-05 11:02 PM

What is the narrow hinged panel under the rear number plate for,i have a key to open it but there doesn't seem to be anything of any significance in there.

Which model of Cheyenne do you have and is it on a Fiat or a Mercedes Chassis?

On our Mercedes the panel below the number plate covers the storage area for the spare wheel but this may differ on other models. Would a spare wheel fit in their?

sreve - 2018-12-05 11:02 PM

Also can you confirm for me that there isn't an inspection hatch or lid into the freshwater tank from inside the van.

No, AT do not fit an access hatch for either of the water tanks. If you want to do any maintenance then you will have to drop the tank. AT actually fit the tanks to the chassis before they fit the floor on top so it may not be immediately obvious how they are fitted.

Keith.

Hi.

I have an 08 model with a newer Sargent panel. Agree with everything said ..except that although there is no connection for an external pump (some vans - eg Autocruise models use e a caravan style external pump and water barrel) .. if the "external pump" is "accidentally" selected on the panel the internal pump doesn't work.

Shall we calmly say that can cause hours of frustrated fault analysis and fiddling when it happens until the penny drops?

MartinP - 2018-12-06 8:56 AM

Hi.

I have an 08 model with a newer Sargent panel. Agree with everything said ..except that although there is no connection for an external pump (some vans - eg Autocruise models use e a caravan style external pump and water barrel) .. if the "external pump" is "accidentally" selected on the panel the internal pump doesn't work.

Shall we calmly say that can cause hours of frustrated fault analysis and fiddling when it happens until the penny drops?

Exactly what happened to the couple next to us at Plaine Joux, Passy this July, only it took days rather than hours for the penny to drop and a few G&T's. (lol)

B-)

Archived