Barryd999

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-01 3:40 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-01 9:44 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-01 1:10 AM

Part of Mays master plan to panic folk into taking her deal. Ramsgate isn't even an actual commercial port despite Seaborne claiming they will be running cargo shipments through there.

All ports of any size are commercial *-) ..........

It ceased operations six year ago due to the lack of berthing and isn't even deep enough to take commercial vessels now. You need to read up more. Seaborne is purely a shell company which had £66 in 'assets' and over £370k debt. Their "ferries" don't exist and they've never run a shipping company at all......yet your Tory/Kip government want to bung them almost £14 million.

More Bulletsh*t *-) ............

You do know that you can buy a Limited company off the shelf to start a legit business? ;-) ...........

I guess the government is doing the same kinda sensible preparation stuff they did for the Falklands war :-| ..........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STUFT

And we all know how that worked out B-) ............

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-01 12:00 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-01 9:39 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-12-31 3:54 PM

What our glorious leaders don't seem to have grasped is that there are only really three ferry companies that run suitable roll on roll off ferries that are available for the massive amount of traffic between France and the UK that's vital to our economy and lives.

More desperate tosh from the Remoaner brigade.........How does all that trade manage to get here at the moment Barry? *-) ...........

Or are the EU going to torpedo a few ferries after the 29th 8-) ..........

Errr, we are in the Single Market and Customs union Dave which means we have frictionless trade and the wonderful thing called free movement. If Brexit goes ahead all that will stop and the paper work for one lorry is about two inches thick. There are four million lorries each year crossing the channel. It doesnt take a genius to work out what will happen if they all have to be inspected and held up at customs.

They cant put more ferries on because there arent anymore ferries, they are all in use and Ramsgate is not fit for purpose as a port and never will be.

Errr.........Have you ever exported anything? >:-) .........

Apart from hot air *-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-01 4:53 PM.....................Errr.........Have you ever exported anything? >:-) ......… Apart from hot air *-) ......…

Errrrrr……….so let's see. Dave has exported a couple of pouffes, so is now an import expert.

His pouffes were exported under Single Market/Customs Union rules, and he now thinks those same rules will apply post Brexit to imports and exports when, at least until the future relationship with the EU has been negotiated, all imports and exports will be under WTO rules. Dream on, baby! They is very different rules, with a lot more paperwork!

You Brexiters do tend to get touchy if people say you didn't understand what you were voting for, yet you go on demonstrating you didn't understand what you were voting for.

You did realise that Brexit meant we'd leave the EU, the Single Market, and the Customs Union, didn't you Dave?

So you knew that once outside the Single Market and the Customs Union all imports and Exports will incur WTO tarifs, didn't you?

So you knew that the documentation recording the payment of those tarifs had to be prepared, presented, and cleared, didn't you?

So you knew that preparing, presenting and clearing that additional documentation would take time, didn't you?

So you knew that time carries cost, didn't you?

So you knew that if every item on a truck has to be separately accounted for as it passes the border, it will take longer for the truck to pass through, so that fewer trucks can pass the border in any given time period, which means that not all the trucks will have cleared the port before the next ferry needs to start unloading, meaning that it will be unable to start unloading, meaning that it will be berth blocking, meaning...……………….in short delays to unloading (both in Britain and France) so that all the ferries will quite quickly become immobilised?

So, if you knew all that before you voted, why are you now so surprised that the government has to try to make additional ferries available from different ports just to keep the ferry traffic moving, so that industry doesn't grind to a halt for want of goods/parts? Is that not what you expected?

You can't have it both ways, Dave, either you didn't know what your were voting for, or you did.

pelmetman - 2019-01-01 4:53 PM

What our glorious leaders don't seem to have grasped is that there are only really three ferry companies that run suitable roll on roll off ferries that are available for the massive amount of traffic between France and the UK that's vital to our economy and lives.

More desperate tosh from the Remoaner brigade.........How does all that trade manage to get here at the moment Barry? *-) ...........

Errr, we are in the Single Market and Customs union Dave which means we have frictionless trade and the wonderful thing called free movement. If Brexit goes ahead all that will stop and the paper work for one lorry is about two inches thick. There are four million lorries each year crossing the channel. It doesnt take a genius to work out what will happen if they all have to be inspected and held up at customs.

They cant put more ferries on because there arent anymore ferries, they are all in use and Ramsgate is not fit for purpose as a port and never will be.

I have and imported stuff from both inside and outside of the EU. Within the EU its a piece of pish, just like sending stuff to Manchester or London but from outside its a complete PIA.

You should have watched the documentary that was posted a few months back "Inside out" which shows you just how complex and prone to all sorts of errors and hold ups just exporting one car part from Switzerland to the UK is. Anyway I have found it for you so have a watch and see for yourself. Its only 13 minutes long so one bottle of Spanish plonk should see you through it without you having to get up to go to the fridge and missing any.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-01 6:14 PM

I have and imported stuff from both inside and outside of the EU. Within the EU its a piece of pish, just like sending stuff to Manchester or London but from outside its a complete PIA.

More Remoaner cobblers *-) ...........

Recently bought some solar lights on ebay from a firm in Norway apparently ;-) .........

Turned out they came from Hong Kong.......which is where my payment went :D ......

BTW......I said Exported >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-01 6:07 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-01 4:53 PM.....................Errr.........Have you ever exported anything? >:-) ......… Apart from hot air *-) ......…

Errrrrr……….so let's see. Dave has exported a couple of pouffes, so is now an import expert.

His pouffes were exported under Single Market/Customs Union rules, and he now thinks those same rules will apply post Brexit to imports and exports when, at least until the future relationship with the EU has been negotiated, all imports and exports will be under WTO rules. Dream on, baby! They is very different rules, with a lot more paperwork!

Those rules don't apply to the channel Islands where I have also exported my pouffes too ;-) ........

Just how much export experience do you have Brian? :-| .........More than me? :D .......

Just askin (?) .......... >:-) ........

BTW my pelmets also frequently went to non EU countries........I don't recall the folk I made them for complaining about the paper work :-S ............

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2019-01-01 6:49 PM

'We' have imported and exported millions of pounds worth of goods around the world, no big deal.

The biggest problems we had was getting paperwork to take a N28 into and out of France, and a Lancaster nose across Germany.

Brian and his sorry band of Remoaners wont like being told that :D ...........

Bulletguy - 2018-12-31 2:49 PM

Staggering isn't it? £13.8 million to a "ferry company" with no ferries. *-)

Even a Tory councilor slammed it.

Paul Messenger also questioned whether the government had carried out sufficient checks on the firm, telling the BBC: “It has no ships and no trading history so how can due diligence be done?

“Why choose a company that never moved a single truck in their entire history and give them £14m? I don’t understand the logic of that.” *-)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-ferry-contract-no-deal-seaborne-freight-ramsgate-port-kent-a8704776.html

Do you really think that the Minister involved in the undertaking did the working out ?. What would have happened is they would hand down instructions to their senior Civil servant who would then distribute the work to the required department so the foul up is actually due to the incompetence of the Civil Service the only fault of the government is to have trusted that the senior civil servant had processed the information correctly, *-)

teflon2 - 2019-01-01 7:50 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-12-31 2:49 PM

Staggering isn't it? £13.8 million to a "ferry company" with no ferries. *-)

Even a Tory councilor slammed it.

Paul Messenger also questioned whether the government had carried out sufficient checks on the firm, telling the BBC: “It has no ships and no trading history so how can due diligence be done?

“Why choose a company that never moved a single truck in their entire history and give them £14m? I don’t understand the logic of that.” *-)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-ferry-contract-no-deal-seaborne-freight-ramsgate-port-kent-a8704776.html

Do you really think that the Minister involved in the undertaking did the working out ?. What would have happened is they would hand down instructions to their senior Civil servant who would then distribute the work to the required department so the foul up is actually due to the incompetence of the Civil Service the only fault of the government is to have trusted that the senior civil servant had processed the information correctly, *-)

Sorry Tef but none of what you say excuses such crass lunacy (not to mention highly questionable 'activity') regards the matter over Seaborne Freight and buck passing is what i'm seeing from Brexiters each and every time something goes tits up.

pelmetman - 2019-01-01 6:36 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-01 6:14 PM

More Remoaner cobblers *-) ...........

Recently bought some solar lights on ebay from a firm in Norway apparently ;-) .........

Turned out they came from Hong Kong.......which is where my payment went :D ......

BTW......I said Exported >:-) .......

You asked me if I had exported and I said "I have".

You didnt watch the program did you? *-)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-01 11:12 PM

So did you find it complicated.........Or no big deal like Colin and I? >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-02 10:15 AM

So did you find it complicated.........Or no big deal like Colin and I? >:-) ..........

Well it was some time ago but within the EU its just like sending something to Manchester so not complicated at all but outside of the EU was more complicated as you have to make an export declaration to customs, make sure appropriate VAT and import taxes are paid if necessary for the destination country and that all your paper work is in order and that you have appropriate licences. The trouble is as you would have found out if you could have been arsed to watch the short documentary is whilst the paper work and hoops to jump through shouldnt be that complex the biggest issue is human error with the paper work. Its one thing you sending the odd Pouffe abroad but we are talking millions upon millions of items that currently require no real special paper work, documentation or licences which if they are not correct will hold up the transition through customs and that is what the documentary highlights. Errors in paper work are the biggest issue so not only will the added checks at customs cause massive delays, chances are a good percentage of goods will not be in order with their paper work leading to further delays.

Basically trade between Europe and our ports will simply grind to a halt unless there is frictionless trade which means either staying in the EU or the single market and customs union.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-02 11:02 AM

Its one thing you sending the odd Pouffe abroad but we are talking millions upon millions of items that currently require no real special paper work, documentation or licences which if they are not correct will hold up the transition through customs and that is what the documentary highlights. Errors in paper work are the biggest issue so not only will the added checks at customs cause massive delays, chances are a good percentage of goods will not be in order with their paper work leading to further delays.

The biggest difference is that the paperwork is only complex the first time, every subsequent time it is simple because you know what to do and any errors will be down to human incompetence for which you cannot blame the paperwork.

As we import much more than we export anything that makes imports more expensive and gives UK manufacturers a better chance has to be a good idea.

As a nation we import and buy far too much crap that we often only buy because it is cheap not because we need it.

Stop buying imported crap, borrow less and save more for your old age, a return to the economic principles of yesteryear would be no bad thing.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-02 11:02 AM

pelmetman - 2019-01-02 10:15 AM

Well it was some time ago but within the EU its just like sending something to Manchester so not complicated at all but outside of the EU was more complicated as you have to make an export declaration to customs, make sure appropriate VAT and import taxes are paid if necessary for the destination country and that all your paper work is in order and that you have appropriate licences.

So its not complicated ;-) ..........

Even an idiot like me managed it 8-) .........

Kinda proves your talking Remoaner TOSH again >:-) .........

FFS! I give up! It is more complicated if your outside of the EU and yes its prone to human error, thats the whole point! Just watch the documentary!

There was a customs official the other day on the news showing the massive load of paper work for one load of goods from outside of the EU and it was about two inches thick. Show me a customs official or border official who thinks that it will all be dandy post Brexit. None of them do and what have we done to prepare? Paid some start up business millions of pounds who dont even own a single ship or have anywhere to dock one if they did.

Its not only some of you that are in denial, half the government are as well.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-02 5:57 PM

FFS! I give up! It is more complicated if your outside of the EU and yes its prone to human error, thats the whole point! Just watch the documentary!

There was a customs official the other day on the news showing the massive load of paper work for one load of goods from outside of the EU and it was about two inches thick. Show me a customs official or border official who thinks that it will all be dandy post Brexit. None of them do and what have we done to prepare? Paid some start up business millions of pounds who dont even own a single ship or have anywhere to dock one if they did.

So the crux of your argument is :-| ..........that customs staff will be required to do their jobs? ;-) ........

I guess the answer is to employ more British custom staff B-) ...........

I suspect we can easily afford that once we no longer have to prop up the EU >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-02 6:20 PM

So the crux of your argument is :-| ..........that customs staff will be required to do their jobs? ;-) ........

I suspect we can easily afford that once we no longer have to prop up the EU >:-) ..........

You could employ a million customs staff but it will still involve holding up a lorry while someone goes through the paper work. According to the port officials just a two minute delay will lead to a 17 mile jam. Two minutes is nothing, it would take that long to park up and carry your paper work to the customs office and back and there are four million lorries each year through Dover and the tunnel.

They won't watch or read anything they fear will show the reality of the damage. They're in denial and it's easier for them to counter with wails of "project fear" and "remoaners" than come up with any credible explanation. Anything which does go wrong, and is impossible to dispute, they will simply blame shift and say it wasn't their fault.

That was one heck of expensive exhaust too by the time it got back to UK and it doesn't take a genius to work out who will pay the increased costs!

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-02 6:52 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-02 6:20 PM

You could employ a million customs staff but it will still involve holding up a lorry while someone goes through the paper work. According to the port officials just a two minute delay will lead to a 17 mile jam. Two minutes is nothing, it would take that long to park up and carry your paper work to the customs office and back and there are four million lorries each year through Dover and the tunnel.

Really? ;-) ...........

They must of been queued all the way to John O Groats, when we were held up for 10 hours at the tunnel due to the wrong kind of snow *-) ..........

Do you actually read the crap you type before you post it Barry? (lol) ...........

Bulletguy - 2019-01-02 6:57 PM

They won't watch or read anything they fear will show the reality of the damage. They're in denial and it's easier for them to counter with wails of "project fear" and "remoaners" than come up with any credible explanation. Anything which does go wrong, and is impossible to dispute, they will simply blame shift and say it wasn't their fault.

That was one heck of expensive exhaust too by the time it got back to UK and it doesn't take a genius to work out who will pay the increased costs!

Its like a fecking Cult! Ordinarily sane people (well maybe not Dave (lol) ) have just all gone bat sh1t crazy and have joined the "Order of the Satanic Brexithood". I bet they are meeting secretly on the moors on a night sacrificing chlorinated chickens, covering themselves in its blood, banging themselves on the heads with planks of wood while dancing round a burning effigy of Jean Claude Junker.

No amount of overwhelming evidence that it might possibly have been a bit of a mistake (a flaming big one actually) seems to make an ounce of difference to some.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-02 11:13 PM

No amount of overwhelming evidence that it might possibly have been a bit of a mistake (a flaming big one actually) seems to make an ounce of difference to some.

Remoaner propaganda is NOT overwhelming evidence *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-03 8:36 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-02 11:13 PM

Remoaner propaganda is NOT overwhelming evidence *-) ..........

No Dave, but apparently all overwhelming evidence is remoaner propaganda. Horse, water, and drink?

Archived