Ferry prices

Caddies104

flyboyprowler - 2019-04-05 8:31 AM

Over 60, so booked direct yesterday, Dieppe-Newhaven on the 25th June, including our dog, £109.60, the train was £111 at an early or late time, and £126 for a midday crossing. Fuel saved travelling from Dieppe, and only 45 minutes home!

Hi

Was that return, or one way, as our first stop next month is near Dieppe at the Acsi site. Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2019-04-03 5:37 PM

One train journey which is unbeatable and a trip of a lifetime is the rack and pinion railway which climbs up to Kleine Scheidegg. If you want to pay more you can continue to the Jungfrau but when i went i was content with sitting outside a coffee bar at Kleine Scheidegg which gave a fantastic view of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.

When I did that train journey it cost us about five shillings each ( but that was in 1963 ! ) - and there were some good footpaths to follow, up to the snow line on the Jungfrau, for an even better view.

Need to wear suitable footwear - ( which we didn't have when we went ).

;-)

Caddies104 - 2019-04-05 10:45 AM

flyboyprowler - 2019-04-05 8:31 AM

Over 60, so booked direct yesterday, Dieppe-Newhaven on the 25th June, including our dog, £109.60, the train was £111 at an early or late time, and £126 for a midday crossing. Fuel saved travelling from Dieppe, and only 45 minutes home!

Hi

Was that return, or one way, as our first stop next month is near Dieppe at the Acsi site. Thanks

No that was one way, Dieppe to Newhaven. It should be similar going over.

• 1 month later...
Thinking of bringing our Swedish registered 6m Adria Twin over to the UK via France in a couple of weeks time and returning before UK school holidays start in early July. Is it necessary to book in advance for this period or can you leave it till last minute to book online. Also is it possible to go via the tunnel or is there a height restriction as I thought i read somewhere that 1.8m is the max on the drive on section? any other tips as have not been over to UK in our LHD van before, I did live in UK 30 odd years ago so not completely new to me. Cheers

you can book in advance or leave it till the last minute, the latter you may find more expensive, there is no 1.8 m limit for taking a motorhome/pvc on the drive on section, I have used it may times and my MH is 3m high

Depending on where you are going and which route you choose just be aware of the tolls on the Dartford crossing, these can be paid online, also central London has all sorts of tolls but I don't presume that you will be going there?

I always cross Dover-Calais with P&O. I invariably book the day before - including June and early July - and I've have never had a problem. So long as you book more than 24 hours before the sailing time it costs no more than booking further in advance.

booked two trips Plymouth to Roscoff this year, outbound end of May and mid August, and got both for under £300 return. That's including excess over standard with 6m van and over height of 2.6m, day crossings both ways, with day cabins each crossing, that's using the Brittany Ferries club discount of 30%.

About the same as last years prices.

Incidentally one was booked on Boxing day the other last week and prices have remained the same..IN previous year they have increased nearer the sailing dates..

https://www.gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge/charges-fines

You can make multiple "one off" online payments and these are not dated, so as long as you have the credit you have no worries, currently 2.5 GBP each way.

I normally get two at a time include the return trip, there is no charge between the hours of 10pm and 06am, which actually isn't a bad time to get round the M25 to the east and avoid the traffic if you are going North.

Just bought a 3 returns season ticket with P&O Dover/Calais for £330 which works out at £55 per crossing. Come and go at any time other than certain peak sailings and no penalties for being late or cancelling altogether. Even if you only used it twice it would still only work out £82.25 a crossing with all the advantages. Price for a van of 7m x 3m.

Ron

starvin marvin - 2019-01-02 1:07 PM

Caddies104 - 2019-01-02 9:40 AM

Think I need to start shopping at Tesco, but not one near us :-(

Use there home delivery service

Get a Tesco combined credit and club card, use it anywhere in the UK at no cost. Pay for anything and everything and you will soon rack up vouchers. Simples

Even if you pay your sainsbury bill with it you get necture and tesco points

Archived