May elections?..........

Guest pelmetman

Looks like we gained that mystery 2% Dave was on about.

https://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/motorhome-european-international-travel/73881-ferries-spain-uk-february-march-nearly-all-full.html

And in two days time even if not one person has changed their minds on Brexit the UK will have a majority of remainers.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/17/saturday-uk-remain-parliament-force-second-referendum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2019-01-17 4:48 PM

And in two days time even if not one person has changed their minds on Brexit the UK will have a majority of remainers.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/17/saturday-uk-remain-parliament-force-second-referendum

Still on your old bandwagon then Barry ( otherwise known as " grasping at straws " ).

You will just have to hope that not too many of us ' old '; remainers have died.

;-)

malc d - 2019-01-17 5:18 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-17 4:48 PM

Still on your old bandwagon then Barry ( otherwise known as " grasping at straws " ).

You will just have to hope that not too many of us ' old '; remainers have died.

;-)

One sure fire way to sort that isn't there Malc? And Brexiters keep telling us they have nothing to fear from a better informed electorate on a peoples vote.

pelmetman - 2019-01-17 9:04 AM................................

So where does it mention the border? ;-) ..............Pedant :D .........

It doesn't in name, but this is the relevant bit:

SECURITY

1. The participants note that the development of a peaceful environment

on the basis of this agreement can and should mean a normalisation of

security arrangements and practices.

2. The British Government will make progress towards the objective of as

early a return as possible to normal security arrangements in Northern

Ireland, consistent with the level of threat and with a published overall

strategy, dealing with:

(i) the reduction of the numbers and role of the Armed Forces deployed

in Northern Ireland to levels compatible with a normal peaceful society;

(ii) the removal of security installations;

(iii) the removal of emergency powers in Northern Ireland; and

(iv) other measures appropriate to and compatible with a normal

peaceful society.

It is the reference to security installations in 2.(ii) that is taken to include border security. A load of fences and border checkpoints is all it needs. You have to take into account that all parties to the Belfast Agreement take the same view, which is why all state that there cannot be a "hard border".

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-17 6:02 PM

SECURITY

strategy, dealing with:

peaceful society.

It is the reference to security installations in 2.(ii) that is taken to include border security. A load of fences and border checkpoints is all it needs. You have to take into account that all parties to the Belfast Agreement take the same view, which is why all state that there cannot be a "hard border".

Where does it say "CUSTOMS"? ;-) .............

pelmetman - 2019-01-17 10:56 PM

SECURITY

strategy, dealing with:

peaceful society.

Oh FGS!! You're just being plain bloody obtuse now let alone downright thick. Here is a damn photograph of just one of the border controls back in the 90's. This was what the GFA got rid of.....none exist any longer apart from a few abandoned buildings.

https://euobserver.com/uk-referendum/141554

SECURITY

strategy, dealing with:

peaceful society.

Go tell that to Sin Fein/IRA, and see what they say. While you're there, ask them about the Common Travel Area, and see what they say about that. Wakey, wakey! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-18 8:16 AM

SECURITY

strategy, dealing with:

peaceful society.

Go tell that to Sin Fein/IRA, and see what they say. While you're there, ask them about the Common Travel Area, and see what they say about that. Wakey, wakey! :-D

Its not me that needs to wake up Brian *-) ........

Your Sin Fein/IRA scaremongering is more Remoaner piffle (lol) .......

You do know that the Catholics will likely outnumber the protestants by 2021?...... the IRA has effectively Sh*gged their way to victory :D ........

So a united Ireland is only a few years away.......which means the only folk that will be rearming will be the UDA and UVF...............fortunately they will be Ireland's problem :-| .........

antony1969 - 2019-01-18 3:09 PM

Bring those elections on ... Even with the shambles Mrs May has been in charge of the Tories according to a new YouGov poll are on 41% ... Labour drop to 35% ... Shouldnt Labour be miles ahead ??? ... Jeremy , a gift from the gods if your a Tory

weren't Labour 20 points behind in the run up to the 2017 elections though? That didnt turn out too well for the Tories in the end.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-18 10:44 PM

Bring those elections on ... Even with the shambles Mrs May has been in charge of the Tories according to a new YouGov poll are on 41% ... Labour drop to 35% ... Shouldnt Labour be miles ahead ??? ... Jeremy , a gift from the gods if your a Tory

weren't Labour 20 points behind in the run up to the 2017 elections though? That didnt turn out too well for the Tories in the end.

That kills the statement you made recently about how much more accurate Polls are since 2015. :D

747 - 2019-01-18 10:50 PM

That kills the statement you made recently about how much more accurate Polls are since 2015. :D

Not really because the gap narrowed throughout the campaign which is like a moving target. Corbyn came out of the shadows, even went to Glastonbury and played a pretty good campaign. The point I was making is before that campaign they were much further behind than they are now. However I think Corbyn has screwed up big style with his stance on Brexit and has not been a credible opposition so I am not sure he would repeat such gains if there was another election right now.

It would be the same with a Brexit referendum Right now remain is 12 points ahead but who knows what will happen once a campaign kicks off. If remain are as crap as last time then it could turn around but on the other hand pretty much all the Brexiteer lies have been long since debunked, just depends if people are prepared to believe an entire raft of new ones or even (and I wouldnt be surprised) the same old ones all over again.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-19 1:24 AM

Not really because the gap narrowed throughout the campaign which is like a moving target. Corbyn came out of the shadows, even went to Glastonbury and played a pretty good campaign. The point I was making is before that campaign they were much further behind than they are now. However I think Corbyn has screwed up big style with his stance on Brexit and has not been a credible opposition so I am not sure he would repeat such gains if there was another election right now.

It would be the same with a Brexit referendum Right now remain is 12 points ahead but who knows what will happen once a campaign kicks off. If remain are as crap as last time then it could turn around but on the other hand pretty much all the Brexiteer lies have been long since debunked, just depends if people are prepared to believe an entire raft of new ones or even (and I wouldnt be surprised) the same old ones all over again.

You're forgetting all those Remoaner predictions that failed to materialize :D ...........

Plus the 2 1/2 years of Remoaner belly aching has hardly changed minds has it? ;-) .........

So how are you going to win our votes? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-19 9:20 AM

You're forgetting all those Remoaner predictions that failed to materialize :D ...........

Plus the 2 1/2 years of Remoaner belly aching has hardly changed minds has it? ;-) .........

Employ Dominic Cummings and AggregateIQ!

If the polls are correct we dont need to win any more votes do we? it should be a walk in the park in theory because all you have to do in a debate is ask a Brexiteer to say how the average person will be better off post Brexit and it all falls apart. Then again, the country has gone stark raving mad so I would not be so bold now to say remain would win.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-19 10:44 AM

pelmetman - 2019-01-19 9:20 AM

Employ Dominic Cummings and AggregateIQ!

If the polls are correct we dont need to win any more votes do we? it should be a walk in the park in theory because all you have to do in a debate is ask a Brexiteer say how the average person will be better off post Brexit and it all falls apart. Then again, the country has gone stark raving mad so I would not be so bold now to say remain would win.

Aaaah if the polls are correct eh? ;-) ...........

What I found interesting in that Guardian link about Labour I posted earlier is the fact its a "leaked" poll :D .........

Now that would suggest Remoaners are only publishing polls, that promote their Pro EU agenda would it not? >:-) ........

Archived