Bulletguy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2019-01-29 5:05 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-29 4:04 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-29 10:29 AM

pepe63 - 2019-01-29 10:16 AM

So again (for those who struggle with reading and general comprehension)

"...good news that has come about *BECAUSE of Brexit (and not despite of it)."

That Port Talbot re-fit was happening anyway.

It wasn't happening because we were leaving the EU..

Their Chief Exec, Hans Fischer (ooer, sounds a bit foreign) said he was "really worried" about a possible hard Brexit.

quote- "If our customers are affected very heavily it leads to disturbance in the supply chain and so a disturbance in our production.

"In the short term, I'm really worried about it. I hope we get a last-minute deal and not a hard Brexit."

I know it's the way some Leavers like to operate...but they can't have things both ways

They can't dismiss company relocations as having nothing at all to do with us leaving the EU one minute and then the next, claim that a company that is already here, IS here due to us leaving. *-)

According to our local BBC news a couple of weeks ago holiday bookings in the South West are up 40% on this time last year.......Because of Brexit >:-) ..........

Jaywick "Riviera"? :-|

Good news for the South West hoteliers and campsites I guess if bookings really are up 40%, I assume that perhaps other UK holiday spot bookings will also be up then. Not so good news if your trying to get there when those roads get gridlocked normally anyway but with 40% extra traffic? Best not take your motorhome then. Looks like next summer might be a bit crowded here in the UK and no escape to mainland Europe in your van if these queues that are predicted prove anywhere near true and then there is the predicted further fall in the exchange rate, rise in fuel prices and cost of everything when you get there, different driving licence requirements for different countries, 90 day limit, no EHIC card. I bet loads of motorhomers dont bother. Skeggy will be bursting!

We can look forward to the return of Kiss me quick hats, Green Flares, Party 7 cans of "ale", saucy post cards and sitting in the pissing rain with a hanky on your head on a crowded beach next to a freezing North sea! Lovely. Those migrants that are coming here want to hang onto those rubber dinghies they will be worth a fortune come the holidays.

Apparently Skeggy is the Brexiters choice with plenty of amusement arcades, greasy spoon cafs serving over priced slop on a plate and mugs of tea, discount stores flogging tat, donkeys on the beach, and superb coastal scenery of gigantic windmills plonked in the sea.

Asked if he was worried Skegness would not get any European visitors, local councillor David Cargill said, "i think we will get more". :-S

Wonder if he's told the locals that so they can get the barricades and guard towers ready?

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-29 5:21 PM

Their Chief Exec, Hans Fischer (ooer, sounds a bit foreign) said he was "really worried" about a possible hard Brexit.

quote- "If our customers are affected very heavily it leads to disturbance in the supply chain and so a disturbance in our production.

"In the short term, I'm really worried about it. I hope we get a last-minute deal and not a hard Brexit."

I know it's the way some Leavers like to operate...but they can't have things both ways

They can't dismiss company relocations as having nothing at all to do with us leaving the EU one minute and then the next, claim that a company that is already here, IS here due to us leaving. *-)

According to our local BBC news a couple of weeks ago holiday bookings in the South West are up 40% on this time last year.......Because of Brexit >:-) ..........

So you're now deciding on Wales in preference to Spain, Dave?

As long as they serve bacon butties, burgers 'n chips and warm beer. But the locals speak 'foreign' and Pelmet needs to be among Englanders.

It seems that although you remainers often tease Dave about his geography you need to look a a map Wales due west even from East Sussex Jaywick south east coast the south west is normally seen to be Cornwall, Devon and Dorset. and there is nowt wrong with Skeggy(east coast) if you like tha sort of thing, at least they normally pick up the dog poo unlike the French riviera where you play dodge the drop. 8-)

Bulletguy - 2019-01-28 11:23 PM

747 - 2019-01-28 10:54 PM

I see the "new scare a day" campaign is still growing strong. :D

We should run a book and see who can come up with tomorrows scare story. :-D

The BBC 6 o'clock news gave it a fair bit of exposure and a teeny weeny bit of time to hear from the people who thought it would be good news (from Farmers especially). More excellent neutral reporting from the BBC. :D

Just remember not to come whining on here about rising costs.

The supermarkets say there will be price rises then put them up self serving prophesy my wife tells me Sainsburys have put up Bisto gravy granules by just over 25% since late December and we ain't left yet Her shopping today at Waitrose much cheaper so it's loss covering realy. >:-)

teflon2 - 2019-01-29 7:44 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-28 11:23 PM

747 - 2019-01-28 10:54 PM

I see the "new scare a day" campaign is still growing strong. :D

We should run a book and see who can come up with tomorrows scare story. :-D

The BBC 6 o'clock news gave it a fair bit of exposure and a teeny weeny bit of time to hear from the people who thought it would be good news (from Farmers especially). More excellent neutral reporting from the BBC. :D

Just remember not to come whining on here about rising costs.

The supermarkets say there will be price rises then put them up self serving prophesy my wife tells me Sainsburys have put up Bisto gravy granules by just over 25% since late December and we ain't left yet Her shopping today at Waitrose much cheaper so it's loss covering realy. >:-)

Waitrose shoppers watching prices?? 8-) Blimey.....things must be bad at Teflon Towers. :-(

Guest pelmetman

The South West is Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset Brian ;-) ...........

I already spend my summers in Dorset B-) .........

So why would I want to spend my winters there? :-S .......

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-30 10:59 AM

pelmetman - 2019-01-29 10:16 PM...……………….

To give substance to that love you so profess for your country, perhaps? :-D

So patriots shouldn't go on holiday? ;-) ............Blimey you're getting desperate now Brian (lol) ...........

Perhaps Remoaners should b*gger off too the EU they love? >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-30 11:06 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-30 10:59 AM

pelmetman - 2019-01-29 10:16 PM...……………….

To give substance to that love you so profess for your country, perhaps? :-D

So patriots shouldn't go on holiday? ;-) ............Blimey you're getting desperate now Brian (lol) ...........

Perhaps Remoaners should b*gger off too the EU they love? >:-) ..........

Of course patriots should have holidays Dave, great, glorious, pro patria holidays, union flag holidays, holidays here:

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,

This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,

This other Eden, demi-paradise,

This fortress built by nature for herself

Against infection and the hand of war,

This happy breed of men, this little world,

This precious stone set in the silver sea,

Which serves it in the office of a wall,

Or as a moat defensive to a house

Against the envy of less happier lands;

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,

this nurse, this teeming womb of royal kings,

Feared be their breed and famous by their birth,

Renowned for their deeds as far from home

For Christian service and true chivalry

As is the sepulchre, in stubborn Jewry,

Of the world’s ransom, blessed Mary’s son;

This land of such dear souls, this dear dear land,

Dear for her reputation through the world,

Is now leased out – I die pronouncing it –

Like to a tenement or a pelting farm.

England, bound in with the triumphant sea,

Whose rocky shore beats back the envious siege

Of watery Neptune, is now bound in with shame,

With inky blots and rotten parchment bonds.

That England that was wont to conquer others

Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.

What's not to like, except the all too true last stanza, that Brexit brings true on leaden wings? (Apologies to my mate Bill :-D)

But you're right, Europe is for the rest of us, whose eyes can see the far horizon, not those who eyes are as fractured glass, that perceive nothing save their present comfort.

pelmetman - 2019-01-29 10:16 PM

The South West is Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset Brian ;-) ...........

And Wales; https://wales.com/south-west

Typical of a Little Englander *-)

I already spend my summers in Dorset B-) .........

To hoist the St George flag at the crack of dawn each day to the tune of "I Vow to Thee, My Country" instead of being a Quisling hypocrite.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-30 11:37 AM

But you're right, Europe is for the rest of us, whose eyes can see the far horizon, not those who eyes are as fractured glass, that perceive nothing save their present comfort.

Where as us Brexiteers know that there is big world on the other side of the Horizon >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-01-30 10:22 PM

Where as us Brexiteers know that there is big world on the other side of the Horizon >:-) ........

You've certainly made a huge 'success' at chasing billions of pounds worth of business out of the country, not to mention jobs, much of which we are unlikely to ever see back here again.

We have been asking you and the Brexiteers to give us examples of what and who will fill our trade deal gap once we leave with nothing but so far all we have seen is quotes like the one above.

Wasnt Foxy supposed to have 40 roll over deals all ready to sign for Brexit day for a kick off? How many has he done so far? Errr. None.

Lets have your list then.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-30 11:00 PM

You've certainly made a huge 'success' at chasing billions of pounds worth of business out of the country, not to mention jobs, much of which we are unlikely to ever see back here again.

Have we?............Cant say I've noticed ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-30 11:05 PM

We have been asking you and the Brexiteers to give us examples of what and who will fill our trade deal gap once we leave with nothing but so far all we have seen is quotes like the one above.

Wasnt Foxy supposed to have 40 roll over deals all ready to sign for Brexit day for a kick off? How many has he done so far? Errr. None.

We're not allowed to do any until we've left *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-30 11:05 PM

You won't with your thick skull permanently stuck in the sand on your parallel universe. It's about time you began behaving in a more adult manner and acknowledged the huge damage being caused rather than remaining in a state of permanent denial and constant blame shifting.

pelmetman - 2019-01-30 11:06 PM

They can prepare deals but as 'preparation' is neither Brexit or this governments strongest point, that explains why only six deals have been nodded on.....in Africa.

Bulletguy - 2019-01-30 11:27 PM

They can prepare deals but as 'preparation' is neither Brexit or this governments strongest point, that explains why only six deals have been nodded on.....in Africa.

Exactly. Foxy promised to have all the existing ones that we lose ready to go a midnight the day we leave and there was never anything stopping us preparing them. He had better get his skates on then.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-31 12:25 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-30 11:27 PM

Exactly. Foxy promised to have all the existing ones that we lose ready to go a midnight the day we leave and there was never anything stopping us preparing them. He had better get his skates on then.

You have to start ignoring the usual suspects blithering nonsense as their literacy level is not too good and they won't listen to audio or tv news channel links of people who actually know what they're talking about....like this chap.

Listen to this guy who called into the James O'Brien show. He's a fruit and veg buyer for a major Supermarket.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/supermarket-fruit-buyer-no-deal-brexit/

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-30 11:21 PM

You won't with your thick skull permanently stuck in the sand on your parallel universe. It's about time you began behaving in a more adult manner and acknowledged the huge damage being caused rather than remaining in a state of permanent denial and constant blame shifting.

What huge damage? :-S ...........I haven't seen any? ;-) ...........

Unless you're counting Remoaner egos? :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-01-31 9:30 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-30 11:21 PM

What huge damage? :-S ...........I haven't seen any? ;-) ...........

£64.5 billion over the past two years, over 250 companies relocating to Netherlands, €800 billion of UK banking left UK for Germany, another €190 billion shifted out by one bank alone yesterday, Barclays, to Dublin, automotive industry packing up and leaving, Airbus on the brink of relocating......the list is endless and growing daily.

The only reason you "haven't seen any damage" is because you've shut your eyes to the reality and remain in a state of stubborn denial.

Paul- - 2019-01-31 9:41 AM

We should buy our own seasonal produce and let the EU farmers worry about selling their own produce, if they want to sell to us they'll have to come up with some sort of deal that appeals to the UK

They didn't vote for this mess.....you lot did. We had a "deal" with EU which was working, then you lot screwed it all up and made a total mess. It's about time you owned up to it instead of constant blame shifting.

Archived